The online racing simulator
Wrc 3
(14 posts, started )
Wrc 3
Had a flick through the forum and used the search engine and couldn't yet find a thread on this new WRC title. Possibly because everyone lost hope after the original and simply gave up on it there and then.

Usually I'd not even give a modern racing title, by a company producing a game for a mainstream audience, that claims their game will have accurate physics, a second glance. I will probably end up being disappointed by this one too, I'm just desperate to see something come a little bit closer to challenging Richard Burns Rally, which over 8 years after it's release is incredibly still the king of rally games/sims.

I am somewhat hopeful after reviews have come in rather positive even from a pre-alpha versions of the game. Reportedly they have finally decided to support wheels properly, with proper FFB, which should at least make it feel nicer to drive. The game does look a lot more polished and the physics do look a little better judging by gameplay videos, although admittedly it is hard to judge just by visuals.

Here is a first look by Inside Sim Racing. They seem to be impressed although in the past I have questioned a lot of their opinions and reviews, so I'm personally not taking their word as the gospel on this one. They do still however give an initial impression and show gameplay footage, so it's still an interesting watch nonetheless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ttH0g&feature=related

I can imagine a lot of responses in this thread will be negative because of the prequels and because it still won't live up to what Richard Burns Rally, an 8 year old title, still delivers.

However, still interested to hear your thoughts?

Or you could let the thread die, I only bothered because there's nothing on telly.
Noticed that before, but it still doesn't look good. In the videos, cars appear to be somehow wrong.

Oh, but barriers will be damageable!
I'm going to give this one a try. I'll probably be disappointed, too, but maybe it will be playable.
There's a demo on xbox... it sucks monkey balls... really bad (and i kind of enjoyed their last title).
After playing it for ~4hours, I have to say that it improved alot compared to WRC 2, expecialy graphics wise. Those who enjoyed playing WRC 2010 and WRC 2 will sure love this game. Those who didn't play the previous titles should definitely give this one a try, because it's a really good rally game and there is not many rally games to begin with. Don't expect it to be RBR successor. It's not a simulator, but still, I think it's at the 2nd place on the "Most realistic rally games" list, right after RBR.
lol what a junk of a game. I have absolutely no idea what's going on with the car, made 4.19.48 with the keyboard, aids off, hood camera (cause all the others are useless, this kind of game is a 3rd person game but that camera is awfull)
I've read the release has been a bit of a mess and the digital download has been taken down (no word on how long it'll take to fix and re-up it) and they're offering full refunds.

I also hear it's not that great (which I expected). I'll still give it a shot when I get a chance, but I'm not expecting much.
#9 - JJ72
its an ok game, I give them props for trying, so steam sale item for me.
Quote from MAGGOT :
I also hear it's not that great (which I expected). I'll still give it a shot when I get a chance, but I'm not expecting much.

I'm primarily a wheel driver (drove RBR like crazy) and LFS offcourse.. but also i like a bit of an arcade fun with the mates, like CMR 2 and CMR4 which are great for some keyboard and doing time trials. This is something like that, a bit harder cause barriers are damageble and there's no bouncing off them, or the walls, so it can be very tricky.. brakes lock up, preparing the car for hairpins is also pretty hard etc.
Can't stand using a keyboard for driving, and I'd prefer to not use a gamepad, either. I'm ok with some physics that aren't totally realistic, but if it just doesn't work well with a wheel then it sees no time from me. I was really hoping for an RBR replacement, but it looks like that's not happening
a simple question:

Physics-wise: Dirt 3 or WRC 3?
Quote from Boris Lozac :I was too harsh on the game, it's not that bad for some keyboard fun.

Gamepad is the best for this game in my opinion.

Quote from Mysho :a simple question:

Physics-wise: Dirt 3 or WRC 3?

WRC 3 for sure. DIRT3 isn't a rally game too.
Nah it feels wrong to drive with a gamepad, and the physics are not worthy of a wheel.

Wrc 3
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG