The online racing simulator
GT2 World Series 2012: Round 6 Race Discussion

Round 6 (SEASON FINALE) of the 2012 GT2 World Series.

6 hours of Kyoto Ground Touring (KY3X_K32)

18:00 UTC on Sunday 23 September 2012: Pre-Qualifying BEGINS
18:00 UTC on Tuesday 25 September 2012: Pre-Qualifying ENDS
19:00 UTC on Friday 28 September 2012: Qualifying
Saturday 29 September 2012:
15:50 UTC: Grid Stacking Begins
16:00 UTC: Race Start

Passwords for Pre-Qualifying will be sent out sometime during the Friday or Saturday prior to Pre-Qualifying.

Track Map is linked to the track name text above, track layout attached.

Discuss!
Attached files
KY3X_K32.lyt - 3.4 KB - 562 views

Remember: Angry Angus Racing is raising money for Breast Cancer Research. If we raise $1000, I will paint my kart pink for my season karting finale on Sept 30th.

We are encouraging competition between the teams. When donating, you are given a space to put in a "Personal note to the participant", In that space we want donors to place the team that they are affiliated with. On September 30th, we will tally up the donations and the most generous team will receive a prize in the form of a made-to-order team promo/highlights video by team member Zoltan Gacsi (wody21 on Youtube).

Donations are tax-deductable, you will be e-mailed a tax slip from the foundation shortly after you make your donation (compatibility with your nations tax system is not guaranteed).

Donations can be made with AmEx, Visa or MasterCard, all donations are in Canadian funds (your credit card issuer will convert into your local currency on your statement). We are suggesting a $15 donation (~10GBP, ~12Euro), more or less is greatly appreciated.

Thank you to all who support our campaign, thank you to NDR for promoting this campaign so actively.

Donations can be made at:
http://www.RunForTheCure.com/goto/AngryAngusRacing

For more information on the team and campaign updates:
http://www.facebook.com/AngryAngusRacing
As CSF has closed the R5 thread, I'll use this one re: yellow flags.

The rule hasn't changed for a while - " Yellow Flag: Unsafe condition ahead, such as an incident. Drivers are to reduce speed and/or prepare to quickly yet safely change direction. Overtaking is expressly forbidden."

I don't recall getting false yellows at SO4 pit exit (SO4R pit entry maybe), and it only disappeared for a second while #98 was close to the wall. Compared to real life we have a track map, so getting an early yellow flag gives you time to check it before deciding whether or not to go flat out into a blind corner.

Quote from IsaacPrice :... I'm pretty sure you can go through a lot of races to find people who havent backed off under yellow flags but its been a false alarm, but incar ingame...we have no way to know that.

Well yellows (almost) always appear for an actual incident, though you may catch the tail end of one and not need to do anything except be aware or check the map. It's up to you what you do, just don't complain if you cause an incident by ignoring them and get penalised
If thats how it is, then ok. But I think for the contact itself, its not his fault because the actions of the other car made it so that what he did wasn't enough. For not slowing down initially, ok thats his fault, but 29 didn't slow down barely at all either and he has the same info that 33 had, but doesn't act any different - shouldn't he be punished too? On the race start, Rui takes a run on a car under a yellow flag to pass him...in his case hes pretty sure that the accident has to be behind him anyway, but hes under yellow flag so surely he shouldn't do it?

I'm not trying to cause the Spanish inquisition and I know its probably pretty hard to track everything which is why you only investigate protested incidents usually, but I find it weird that you've gone to the trouble to investigate something thats not protested and punish 33 also considering it had an effect on their race anyway. I just think its pretty harsh to punish 33 because hes unlucky the 98 wasn't quite thinking straight at the time considering what he did wasn't that different to cars behind who had better luck that people dont drive into the racing line as your going through a corner that the exit is blind. I don't think you can tell exactly where the car is on the track in a split second by looking at the map

Anyway good work, I think generally things are right and thanks for the answer...if thats how it is then ok - just don't really like the idea that someone could reverse out of the gravel in the fast right at KY3 for example and for everyone else they're in the gravel but they pop out right infront of you...it wouldn't be fair but based on this you'd get a penalty added to the fact you lose time hitting them. But like I said, if thats how it is then ok
#5 - Hahmo
Just going back to the last round.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... tDeY&feature=youtu.be

anyhow. Looking forward to this. It's a great track, last round of the season, everyone should be well prepared for this one. Looking forward to the best racing action this season so far.
We gonna drive on 0.6B or 0.6B6 ?
Quote from Intrex1020 :We gonna drive on 0.6B or 0.6B6 ?

Software Versions
1.Live for Speed
a.All official series server shall run on the currently effective Official Patch, excepting:
1.If the official patch is released within 72 hours of event start, the previous official
patch shall be used for that event, or
NDR doesnt use test patches afaik.
Mind sending out the Prequalifying passwords?
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :Mind sending out the Prequalifying passwords?

They were sent to team managers as they are on file. If you changed your team managers ad didn't specify the change, that's your fault - not our job to examine all changes. Seek PW from team management.
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1741118#post1741118
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1741510#post1741510
and neither of us have the password.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1723606#post1723606

agrees with the status that is on record. Team management change was never specified by your posts to what you say it is. The updates you posted only cause inference of drivers update, not management update.

Sorry for being so picky, but if I checked all changes all the time, then I'd have even less spare time than I do now in my life.
Not really important question, but will there be a stream of quali?
Due to a personal issue that just came in the past couple of days, I won't be able to provide a broadcast for you guys. I'm sorry but my hands are tied on this one. I have already spoken to Deko and he is aware and doesn't have much time for an alternate. Our resources were thin anyways with not having enough admins and commentators at the same time.

Once again I'm sorry. Maybe they can pull out a radio stream of some sort, Deko said he might look into it.

Also, since we were going to promote the **** out of it, be sure to donate to Angry Angus Racing's breast cancer deal. Just do it.
#16 - IMOL
Quote from PMD9409 :Due to a personal issue that just came in the past couple of days, I won't be able to provide a broadcast for you guys. I'm sorry but my hands are tied on this one. I have already spoken to Deko and he is aware and doesn't have much time for an alternate. Our resources were thin anyways with not having enough admins and commentators at the same time.

Once again I'm sorry. Maybe they can pull out a radio stream of some sort, Deko said he might look into it.

Also, since we were going to promote the **** out of it, be sure to donate to Angry Angus Racing's breast cancer deal. Just do it.

What about streaming the race? Same problem...? Or you have some alternatives?
Quote from IMOL :What about streaming the race? Same problem...? Or you have some alternatives?

Please read!

There will be no stream of this race because of Phil's Personal Issues.

We do have alternates, but they take more than 24h to get sorted, so please don't ask for a stream. The audio stream that was mentioned is a LOW, LOW, LOW Priority. Don't expect anything.

When staffing levels are uncertain, all manpower is automatically prioritized to administration of the race over ANYTHING else
Not getting within .4 of my pb in q FTW. Gratz 3id and Vortex

Also how the **** does it take any extra effort to get an additional stream? People are coming to YOU asking to stream it, and presumably if Phil was available you would have had commentators. Dont just say something, actually explain it...

E: Nvm, CSF explained kinda on MSN.
meh pb in q1 i always knew there wasnt more to take out in that quali.. shame about q3, gotta start with maldonados and grosjeans now.
#20 - IMOL
Quote from IsaacPrice :Not getting within .4 of my pb in q FTW. Gratz 3id and Vortex

Also how the **** does it take any extra effort to get an additional stream? People are coming to YOU asking to stream it, and presumably if Phil was available you would have had commentators. Dont just say something, actually explain it...

+1 To that )
oh I see Cq has +10 grid. P7 is totally fine. Looking forward the the race.
Good luck for tomorrow guys, anyway - not bad position for us too. I had terrible PC problems all day...I lost my setup folder etc etc
#23 - CSF
Quote from CSF :While we can see your frustration, we do not feel we can award anything other than an official warning to Cars 01 and 06. We appreciate it's tight at the start, but contact is not appreciated in any form. Team Vires car 16 has also been issued with a final warning for bump drafting car 06 on lap 2.

OK, I will bumpdraft at every ****ing start then. No point, warnings dont count for shit. Cheating is cheating, its ****ing CLEAR in the rules.

If you add up how much time we lost in traffic because of that, the warning doesnt add up.
Sorry for contact #18, wasnt intentional.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG