The online racing simulator
#1 - Tsuka
C++ - LFS UI Extension [BETA Release]
This is open source dll library.
boxes, text, texture overlays that can be drawn on the game screen.
Uses d3d8 proxy dll to display data.

Features:
- easy to draw rounded square
- easy to draw strings
- possible easing animation

Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I3AULeWWDA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9pWAUIDx04

Download:
beta 0.4.2 http://temp.t-racing.org/lfsuiext_0.4.2beta.zip
included source code!
Attached images
lfsuiext_sample_ss_001.jpg
#2 - OTone
Not that I like drift but the "Drift" animation + the point counter is just awesome. Not mentioning the drift angle.

Very good.

Looking forward to try this.
LOL, I had just about the same idea yesterday, looks like you beat me to it Very impressive work.
#4 - Tsuka
Very cool Nice work dude
File not avaliable

Quote :Not Found

The requested URL /misc/lfsuiext_0.4.2beta.zip was not found on this server.

#8 - Tsuka
Thank you
Awesome, I have to give it a try as soon as I can. Because I'll probably be writing my own "UIEXT" in C++ with no GUI, what is sd_Hwnd for?
what version need and whitch folder to put d3d8.dll put?
Progress report:
Change to the injection method using a D3D hook launcher, put to the same place d3d8.dll is no longer.
and, possible to dynamic overlay instrument panel.

sry, my bad english :P
nice
draw overlay to the instrument panel was a success, will release a demo soon...

This is very impressive, I'm looking forward to trying this out..
Tried it yesterday and it looked just unbelievable! I started working on a project called Drift Profiler which (at least i aim for) to be similar with this GUI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Bl-mNBlXs#at=57s
An animated user image including nickname, number and some extra info.

I noticed you said that it's no longer necessary to have the files in LFS root folder. The funny thing is that yesterday i didn't read the rest of the thread but just downloaded it and the only thing i didn't like was this!

Also a small suggestion. Is it possible to make the /ext folder more "dynamic"? Like choosing your own .png files, maybe the folder as well.

Are you planning on releasing your new version soon? I'd love to continue working on my project using your last version.

Awesome work once again
Whoa, looks great!

I'm just scratching InSim programming, so help me to understand this conceptionally, please. This extension is useful for *client-side* InSim programs, isn't it? Or can it be useful for example to construct a tracker's UI too?

PS. Just a friendly heads up for another non native English speaker: "Object hitted" is grammatically incorrect, because the past tense and past participle of the verb "hit" is "hit". (You know: hit, hit, hit.)
Quote from szaboaz :PS. Just a friendly heads up for another non native English speaker: "Object hitted" is grammatically incorrect, because the past tense and past participle of the verb "hit" is "hit". (You know: hit, hit, hit.)

As a native English speaker, I'm honestly astonished that many of you speak English as well as you all do. I've meet some German people who speak English much better then I do. It's really quite impressive, and I wish that I had taken up another language while I was younger. But I digress.
Quote from Dygear :I've meet some German people who speak English much better then I do.

Too obvious to miss this opportunity
I guess that it may be due to that the people that does not speak well (because they don't care at all) English simply don't post/comment on the internet. I know a lot of people that struggle to do a sentence in Spanish without messing up some spelling, that only writes in english when it is 100% necessary, saying things like "I will reported you"

Every English native speaker writes on internet, while other people tend to be shy (I supppose) if they don't speak well.
One more thing i noticed. If your LFS is NOT using VSync, then screen turns black and you can barely see the background of the process. Everything works properly though, you can still click on buttons, for example Exit to close the program.

Frame Limiter doesn't change anything, so there has to be something with VSync and Full screen. Cause windows mode works with no issues at all even with VSync off.
Congrats
Congrats Tsuka for this awesome developpement, the example movie look so good...
To darkKostas, I understand better where you want to go with your new system.
I'm just staggering about your work, it's so good ;-)
Hope you will continue that for keep this game alive with your best idea.
Bye
What about dxd9.dll?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG