The online racing simulator
LFSCART 2012: Round 7 Race Discussion
After the autocross oval, it's time for the yearly trek to South City. This time, NDR's first time hosting a race on South City Long in the normal direction (So we recall, anyway :P). This roundwill be 80 laps plus one formation lap.

Race weekend timetable:

23:59 UTC Friday, 25 August 2012: Signups lockout begins

Saturday, 26 August 2012:

15:05 UTC Deadline for confirmation and entry requirements
17:05 UTC Qualifying, 20 minutes. Field split into two groups if necessary, sessions run concurrently on separate servers.
17:35 UTC Superpole, Top 6 from Qualifying
17:53 UTC Grid Stacking Begins
18:00 UTC Formation Lap Begins

18:00 UTC Sunday, 27 August 2012: Signups lockout ends

Server password and info will be PM'd to confirmed entrants after the confirmations deadline expires.
Could some admin either remove or PM me the pass to the server?
Quote from Ziomek21 :Could some admin either remove or PM me the pass to the server?

Ach, ffs. Thought I took it off after the race last time /fp. It's off now.
Red flag wooohooo!
Server crash?
Yeehoo!
#8 - CSF
Dunno whether that was caused by Scawen's new stuff or 500 servers, but we can only apologize for the fact that we didn't get to even half way through there.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Server crash?

yes. during gridding it happened a couple of times that people lost connection, so we decided to end the race. also it was reported that other server related services were having troubles.

We're discussing to reschedule the race. We update you once we made a decision.
Quote from TFalke55 :

We're discussing to reschedule the race. We update you once we made a decision.

Are you guys already considering resuming the race on weekends or are you going to create a poll for public opinion?
There will be NO RESCHEDULING OF THIS ROUND.

Results will be taken from a back-count.

75% completion rule will be enforced as 75% of the leader's laps credited.

Half-points will be awarded.

Even though the tracker is run for these events (it wasn't this round because I wasn't there to keep it running as best as possible), for events like LFSCART, it won't mean you can rejoin from a timeout, as you would have to have a second screen or windowed mode to see where you are - without a team manager or an insim display to show you your true position and blue flags, there's no real safe way without creating more protests etc. The tracker is just run to get a better results page up, quicker.

Further details about chat penalites (Rules explicity say no chat during a red flag until an appropriate time (ie when CSF opened chat).
I think this is the right choice.
Are the penalties for this round divided by 2 because of it being half points?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Are the penalties for this round divided by 2 because of it being half points?

No. The bonus and penalty points will be full; only position points will be halved.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG