The online racing simulator
Which games would run on my new laptop?
(7 posts, started )
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :I was just curious as to what the larger RAM and shared memory would be capable of.

Nothing serious. It basically sux.

Memory is mainly used for textures and thats not so important if there is no GPU power to start with.

Anything which mentions 'shared graphics memory' you can safely avoid. It's a bad combo, never works good and is only invented to save some pennies.
It's a laptop with an old video card.
It won't play anything demanding sorry.

If your after gaming performance, get a desktop.

If your after portability, get a laptop.

It's all down to your requirements. Please don't get a fiat 500 ( original ) when you need a people mover.

Quote from Racer X NZ :
If your after gaming performance, get a desktop.

If your after portability, get a laptop.

Ehh there are also gaming laptops like the sweet Elitebooks. No need for desktops really.

But no, not at a Toshiba pricerange, thats true.
Got NZ $3000+ ?

Then a gaming laptop is in your price range.

Cost less than half that to get a much faster desktop.

Horses for courses, sorry if I gave the impression that you couldn't get fast gaming lappies.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
#6 - DeKo
Kerbal Space Program will run, endless fun.
#7 - Woz
Quote from brandons48 :So i've just ordered a new laptop,

http://uk.computers.toshiba-eu ... 113626/toshibaShop/false/

My one will be the 8GB RAM version.

The first number of the model with AI is the series, they increment with each new generation on cards so your in of the newer breed.

The number that really matters though with ATI GFX cards is the second one in. Yours is a 3 series which is considered entry level. The numbers numbers here are 3, 6 and 9 with 9 being the big cards in the series, 6 middle ground and 3 entry. There are the odd card slotted between in the mobile space

I have an HD2600 in my laptop and it copes well with games until you reach the big stuff like the more recent block buster stuff although I have to drop the resolution a lot sometimes.

My 2600 is not a patch on the 1900 from the previous generation.

Sounds like from later posts you have some stuff running. Hope the info above helps with future game selection

Which games would run on my new laptop?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG