The online racing simulator
A new small movie from me!
(33 posts, started )
#1 - Bosse
Hi there!

I made a new movie now tonight. Quite short, 35 seconds but I like it anyway

Hope you like it too!

The quality and resolution is great imo! Never seen so good quality on a Lfs movie before (maybe I have missed someone then..)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6UZP2U6Z

/Bosse
that wasnt bad, but 65,000 kb's for a 34 minute movie isnt worth it. Also, get rid of that horrible techno
#3 - Bosse
Quote from Vendetta :that wasnt bad, but 65,000 kb's for a 34 minute movie isnt worth it. Also, get rid of that horrible techno

Thanks. Well, for a 34 minute movie it would be worth it, right?
But if i lower the quality it looks really bad imo, maybe I just have to test more..
Techno(trance, dance, whatever it's called) is good music

Edit: Oh, and btw, if you don't have a really bad connection ~65 mb isnt that much imo.. When i uploaded this it took 12 minutes with 85 kb/s. That is not very long time..
bah yeah dont listen to me my internet is sh!t their is some good...techno..or well, drum and bass, but that kind of initial d stuff just isnt my stuff
#5 - filur
Good quality of course, but i'd much prefer higher framerate over huge resolution.

~1,7mb / second, you'd hit a Gb for a 10 minute movie.

Can't really say anything about the content, except for the music, really the techno equivalent of a php-nuke website, push the "make techno" button on your "music maker 2002" and this comes out, "hello template".
#6 - KeMoT
I am gonna download it now but is it really 34 minutes long ?
#7 - Bosse
Quote from filur :Good quality of course, but i'd much prefer higher framerate over huge resolution.

~1,7mb / second, you'd hit a Gb for a 10 minute movie.

Can't really say anything about the content, except for the music, really the techno equivalent of a php-nuke website, push the "make techno" button on your "music maker 2002" and this comes out, "hello template".

Well, I think it's very smooth?

I'm gonna try more, but should i have 720*576 (or whatever it is) instead of 1024*768?

Quote from KeMoT :I am gonna download it now but is it really 34 minutes long ?

34 seconds
Well, if not taking the bitrate account I think it was pretty ok. You might want to put on de-interlace when you compress the movie in VirtualDub. The resolution you might be wanting to use is 720x576. All in all, use better codecs to get better compression and make the movie a bit longer and it will be a pleasure to watch.
#9 - Bosse
Quote from Matrixi :Well, if not taking the bitrate account I think it was pretty ok. You might want to put on de-interlace when you compress the movie in VirtualDub. The resolution you might be wanting to use is 720x576. All in all, use better codecs to get better compression and make the movie a bit longer and it will be a pleasure to watch.

Okay.. I think someone have to help me with this de-interlacing and compressing :P

Next movie will be longer, just made this last night with the replays from yesterday so..
Giii, 65 MB and only 34 seconds :jawdrop: no compression at all ?
#11 - avih
Even DVD is stored at not more than 5000-6000 kbps (about 17-18M for 30 secs). If you use MPEG 4 variant (like xvid, divx, wmv, etc) instead of MPEG 2 (DVD) you can get that to about half with DVD quality.

So, you're doing something wrong
try http://forum.doom9.org to get some info from the stickies about video conversions.
Quote from avih :Even DVD is stored at not more than 5000-6000 kbps (about 17-18M for 30 secs). If you use MPEG 4 variant (like xvid, divx, wmv, etc) instead of MPEG 2 (DVD) you can get that to about half with DVD quality.

So, you're doing something wrong
try http://forum.doom9.org to get some info from the stickies about video conversions.

Okay.. well yeah, i thought I was doing something wrong too but imo, 60 mb isnt much at all. But i don't know, iirc we here in sweden have quite good connections overall so..

But I will check that forum, thanks!

Edit: btw, I must have done something with the XviD.. Because, yesterday i had a clip that was 10 seconds and ~7 mb. Then this movie would be ~20 mb.. And on that clip i had quite good quality..
sry bosse...1 minute is a minimum to put it to mp which will be down in couple days ...and 34 secs is indeed not worth to download even with a fantastic quality.

oh yea and music...awful
Quote from kamo2000 :sry bosse...1 minute is a minimum to put it to mp which will be down in couple days ...and 34 secs is indeed not worth to download even with a fantastic quality.

oh yea and music...awful

Okay, didn't know that! Sorry! And to bad it is going to be down.. But can't a "movie" on 34 secs be nice? I was quite happy with this one but maybe I shouldn't be :P

And about the quality and filesize, sorry for that to you who have downloaded it.

Gonna make a longer movie instead, with some of the clips I had in this one.. And I'm going to try more with codecs and that..

But it is XviD that ive used, this one: http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/
Isn't that good?

Help me now people and the next movie will be better and smaller

And what does this de-interlacing mean? I have VirtualDub but I don't know what to do..

And should I record in 1024*768? Imo, there is a BIG difference in quality between 800*600 and 1024*768. Can't I record in 1024*768 and just render the movie to be 720*576?

Many questions now, hope someone wants to help me

Edit: and i will take some other music for the next movie

Edit2: I think ive read somewhere that you could just render the movie in Vegas with no compression and then compress it in VirtualDub. I'm trying with this now and it sure goes much faster :P

Edit3: Is 30 mb / 30 sec okay?
Making a double post I know, but just so you don't miss it.

Does this work then? Quality and filesize i mean..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61HCMJ32

Edit: Oh, and when i make my next movie, I can always make one low quality/low res and one high quality/high res.. Because I have the clips in 1024*768 so..

There is many movies I would like to have an high quality/high res version... (But maybe my movies isnt that good but I can always dream that someone wants one with higher quality )
Quote from Matrixi :You might want to put on de-interlace when you compress the movie in VirtualDub.

He might not want that, captured video from fraps is not interlaced.
Quote from filur :He might not want that, captured video from fraps is not interlaced.

The 64mb compressed movie however was interlaced.

Bosse, If I remember correctly, you can set the de-interlace in VDub by going to Video -> Filters -> Add -> deinterlace -> click ok twice
Quote from filur :He might not want that, captured video from fraps is not interlaced.

I have no idea what i want :P

Quote from Matrixi :The 64mb compressed movie however was interlaced.

Bosse, If I remember correctly, you can set the de-interlace in VDub by going to Video -> Filters -> Add -> deinterlace -> click ok twice

Oh, well, I really think you guys know this better than me!

What does this do? Was the latest ~20 mb movie interlaced?(If so, then this is chosen in Vegas because I have never read/changed anything with this interlacing) Do I want it to be interlaced?
See attachments. The interlaced ones are how your video is. The other ones are same but deinterlaced. Basically interlaced video means there is uneven lines that mess up the quality. However, deinterlacing doesn't give the best result.

You should try to make a movie that isn't interlaced to begin with. I know that Premiere does interlacing with default settings. Try setting "Fields" in to "No fields/progressive scan" in your video editing software.
Attached images
interlaced1.jpg
deinterlaced1.jpg
interlaced2.jpg
deinterlaced2.jpg
Okay, I see.. Thanks for explaining..

Will check in Vegas for that Fields thing.

But, the latest vid. Is 20 mb for 30 seconds okay? Because i know how to get it like that now..
Try using DivX (or XviD, same thing I guess) and set the bitrate to 2000kbps (it's a good standard). I also noticed your audio bitrate is way overkill (1536kbps), use Mp3 as codec with bitrate between 128-160kbps. Those should get your filesize to acceptable numbers.
Quote from Matrixi :Try using DivX (or XviD, same thing I guess) and set the bitrate to 2000kbps (it's a good standard). I also noticed your audio bitrate is way overkill (1536kbps), use Mp3 as codec with bitrate between 128-160kbps. Those should get your filesize to acceptable numbers.

I've never filled in those kbps myself. I just take that slider (or whatever it's called) where you can choose between bigger file / better quality and smaller file / lower quality..

Now, should I render with Vegas and choose on video format: uncompressed and on audio PCM uncompressed? And then change it in VirtualDub?

Or is MP3 = MPEG Layer-3?
Attached images
mp3.JPG
Quote :Or is MP3 = MPEG Layer-3?

It is, there's no point adding an extra step with uncompressed audio if you can encode it to MP3 in one go.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :It is, there's no point adding an extra step with uncompressed audio if you can encode it to MP3 in one go.

Okay, thanks. Then I can pick MP3 here.. Gonna try this later.

But what do you guys think? How big should a 30 sec movie be?

Or should I make a low res/quality and a high res/quality version of my next movie?

Edit: What should i pick here then?
Attached images
mp32.JPG

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG