The online racing simulator
LFSCART 2012: Round 1 Race Discussion
Round 1 of the 2012 LFSCART Series! The 5th Season

This time, from BL1X_ B11 for 97 laps.

Remember that there will be a bonus lap for the formation lap. Each race has a 2-hour time limit. R4 tyres are prohibited, but pitstops are NOT REQUIRED.

Race weekend timetable:

23:59 UTC Friday, 25 May: Signups lockout begins

Saturday, 26 May 2012:

15:00 UTC Deadline for confirmation
17:05 UTC Qualifying, 20 minutes. Field split into two groups, sessions run concurrently on separate servers.
17:35 UTC Superpole, Top 6 from Qualifying
17:53 UTC Grid Stacking Begins
18:00 UTC Formation Lap Begins

18:00 UTC Sunday, 27 May: Signups lockout ends

Server password and info will be PM'd to confirmed entrants after the confirmations deadline expires.
For the record, I won't be around Friday - I'm going to Indy for Carb Day. If you need anything Friday, bug Thilo.
Quote from dekojester :

This will be Standard Operating Procedure for each round of this series - all rounds will be run with the tracker operational for ease of making results, etc. This WILL NOT mean that you may rejoin after a timeout - that is still prohibited.

Just wondering why exactly it isn't allowed to rejoin? If you have the facility there to be able to track it, why not use it? If theres a real reason then sure, just interested to know what it is

Oh, and pitstops not required? You said that last season and then changed it like 2 days before the race. Do you actually mean it this time?
Yes no pitstop this year due to the increased race lengths.
I'll be missing this one, but good luck to everyone!
Quote from TFalke55 :Yes no pitstop this year due to the increased race lengths.

Last years race at BL1 was (fractionally) longer than this years, erm? Also you didnt even answer the first question

E: Fair enough, WE1 is much longer. But still :C
Quote from IsaacPrice :Just wondering why exactly it isn't allowed to rejoin? If you have the facility there to be able to track it, why not use it? If theres a real reason then sure, just interested to know what it is

In an endurance race you ostensibly have a spotter / helper to tell you who you're battling for position or not. In an event like LFSCART, you presumably don't, so if they rejoined you wouldn't know if they were on your lap or not, which would make knowing whether to respect / ignore the blue flags is more difficult.

If I could get myself or someone to make an insim app or smn that could be run without killing some connections to give an accurate positions list / control of course status thing I might consider letting timeouts rejoin, for the record.
For the record, I updated the schedule. Someone c&p'd the LFSCART Light Schedule

Quote from IsaacPrice :Last years race at BL1 was (fractionally) longer than this years, erm? Also you didnt even answer the first question

E: Fair enough, WE1 is much longer. But still :C

Because Deko knows the technical background better then me
#9 - J@tko
Not sure to race this evening with this ambience + trolls on fz5 on server disturbing practice....
passwords sent out, qualifying groups will be set prior to qualifying
we don't have the server details, why?
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :we don't have the server details, why?

Most likely because you were not known to have met the entry requirements at the confirmations deadline. We are under no obligation (and in fact won't as per the rules) to check whether or not a driver meets entry requirements in the 2 hours before the event starts, as that is something that takes a small bit of time that could be used to prepare for the race at hand.

I'm waiting to see when Thilo last made the check to see if I need to grant an exemption, but that won't happen until I talk to thilo, which means it could not happen until the last minute. I'm not going to assume that Thilo didn't check the requirements, as that's been standard procedure that he checks the entry requirements just before the confirmations deadline while I start to compile the confirmations. But on the other hand, I'm not going to assume he DID either, but that's not enough for me to waive the rule at this time, as I know I checked most earlier this morning.
**** off.... Wheel did crazy things... until then race went okay for me.
Well, i didnt got the patience to wait qualifications start, plus my uncle come at home by surprise, then I followed Joe's advice : enjoy sunny, with a bbq nomnomnom
Since i timed out, i shouldn't bother, but in 12th lap i spun exiting T1, hitting brakes and someone couldn't avoid me, hits me from side, but then he keeps on pushing me, perhaps causing me damage. I'll check replay and decide, if i make any protests, because it was pure stupidity.
teamkill!
Ill mark that as an overall success for LLM (if we exclude Matt).

Thanks for the fun
Replays anyone?
Once again can't manage a single race day without some kind of major fail from me!!

Managed a mediocre first lap in qualifying, then when I came into the pits my laptop started to majorly overheat and so the frame rate dropped to about 5 FPS. Managed to just about park it in a stall and waited for it to cool down. Ran downstairs to get some compressed air - half to clear out any dust and half just to cool it. After being sat there for a few mins the frame rate went back to normal and I was on my way. Did another mediocre lap before it decided to do it again right before pit entry. Just about managed to negotiate my way into a pit box before deciding to spec and have a proper look at it. Shut down, took the back off and liberally applied compressed air in various places then left the back off for the race.

Started about 20th on the grid, but knew that my "real" pace was probably just on the verges of the top 10, so figured I could probably make a few places. Got a good start, stayed on the inside through the first corner. Ended up being about 4 wide down the straight but backed out to avoid a schmozzle. After various crashes and the SC I was about 9th I think, ended up having a really good battle with #15 (whose name I can't remember, sorry) and Martin for quite a few laps. Martin seemed to have really good drive out of T1 then be really quick down the straight which was kinda annoying. He end up getting past and pulled away whilst I was stuck behind #15 for ages. I finally got past but by this point Martin was quite a way ahead of me, and by the look of our gaps he was pushing pretty hard because even when I started to go for it he was still extending the gap. But he was obviously pushing too hard because he "did a Hamilton" and got stuck in the smallest gravel trap in the world

I think I was 8th now, I had Terzic catching me up pretty quickly which I kinda assumed was going to happen anyway, so didn't really put up much of a fight. Was in a good rhythm by this point so he didn't pull away too quickly, which was quite nice for me Pit stop went well and ended up in the same place as before, easy 8th place. #15 seemed faster after the pit stops so he started catching me but once I'd got the tyres back up to temp I could maintain the gap. There was about a 25s gap to Gasiunas infront, but that suddenly went down to about 12 with about 12 laps to go (I assume he span?) so I started to push quite hard and got the gap down to about 6 by the end I think? So very happy with 8th overall, especially as I spent most of my time on the back straight squirting compressed air into the air inlet to make sure my laptop didn't overheat Probably would have been fine but I'd done so much practice I didn't want it to go to waste Most people were pretty good under blues, apart from Ray who held me up then made me burst out laughing for almost a whole lap when Matt took him out right infront of me Sorry to I think it was Goik who I managed to make overtaking me into the most awkward moment ever since Ellis didn't go inside Probably should have waited for the straight there
Quote from J@tko :There was about a 25s gap to Gasiunas infront, but that suddenly went down to about 12 with about 12 laps to go (I assume he span?)

I had an incident with Eiw in T1 at one point of the race, probably lost quite a lot then.

Overall, it was a good race for me, managed to fight back quite lot of positions after T1 mayhem (was lucky to have safety car immediatly) and we got some nice points for team with Sascha and Dom.
Quote from TexasLTU :I had an incident with Eiw in T1 at one point of the race, probably lost quite a lot then.

Yes I had a couple of incidents with him too
#24 - Eiw
Quote from TexasLTU :I had an incident with Eiw in T1 at one point of the race, probably lost quite a lot then.

Overall, it was a good race for me, managed to fight back quite lot of positions after T1 mayhem (was lucky to have safety car immediatly) and we got some nice points for team with Sascha and Dom.

Sorry man, I forgot to change my brake bias to 66% and that's why I spun while I was braking on T1, my brake bias was 55% at that moment...but I was braking hard...the car went to grass and I couldn't do anything but praying not to hit you,

and for sure, I never thought we would hit each other head on head, when we were rejoining.... I just turn around, and a big oops! that damaged my car and probably yours as well

Quote from J@tko :Yes I had a couple of incidents with him too

sorry, no you didn't had a couple of incidents with me.

actually we had only one contact while I was overtaking you, you should have seen me on the right, but you kept closing the door. but anyway that didn't cost either of us anytime
Quote from Eiw :sorry, no you didn't had a couple of incidents with me.

actually we had only one contact while I was overtaking you, you should have seen me on the right, but you kept closing the door. but anyway that didn't cost either of us anytime

I don't remember any contact when you were overtaking me during the second half of the race, that was fine It was more the contact when I was battling with Kapal and Mocanu towards the start of the race over the start-finish line

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG