The online racing simulator
MiniFBM Series 2012 Round 2: Race Discussion [PLEASE READ OP!!!]
Round 2 of the 2012 MiniFBM Series!

This time, from AU2X_MiniFBM11 for 21 laps.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION! PLEASE READ!
  • You will be permitted to reset whenever you arrive to the dragstrip from the skidpad. You must reset within the non-track area. No other reset may occur outside the pitlane.
  • The ramps are best taken at approximately 100 kph / 60 mph. The ramp off of the skidpad to the access road is fine to take without slowing; The ramp from the access road to the dragstrip is best taken by slowing ONCE YOU ARE ON THE RAMP.
  • You may attempt to enter the course through the gate that is accessible if you go to the right of the wall that leads to the dragstrip side wall.
  • We will "live grid" - that is, we will start the race session, call you in order, and ask you to drive to your grid slot. After this we will start the formation lap.
  • Because you still must drive a full lap of the course before getting timed for a lap; you will need to decide whether you wish to risk the long outlap and run low fuel, or keep doing laps and start with a heavier fuel load.
Race weekend timetable:

18:00 UTC Saturday, 7 April: Signups lockout begins

Sunday, 8 April 2012:
17:20 UTC Qualifying, 20 minutes. Open track, unlimited laps. *Session can be split in two and run either consecutively or concurrently if more drivers attend than there are available spots for*
17:53 UTC Grid Stacking Begins
18:00 UTC Formation Lap Begins

18:00 UTC Monday, 9 April: Signups lockout ends

Server password and info will be PM'd to confirmed entrants after the confirmations deadline expires.
Quote from dekojester :
18:00 UTC Saturday, 7 April: Signups lockout begins

Sunday, 8 April 2012:
17:20 UTC Qualifying, 20 minutes. Open track, unlimited laps. *Session can be split in two and run either consecutively or concurrently if more drivers attend than there are available spots for*
17:53 UTC Grid Stacking Begins
18:00 UTC Formation Lap Begins

18:00 UTC Monday, 9 April: Signups lockout ends

If my date is right, 8. April was 12 days ago..
Quote from Denny12 :If my date is right, 8. April was 12 days ago..

No, he wants us to use the Delorean
#4 - J@tko
Quote from JO53PHS :Speedbird Concorde 26* cleared for take off.

But Jackson is driving, so neither supersonic speeds nor a safe flight will be achieved.

*lolwat

Joseph says
I would add the droop nose but you'll probably add that anyway when you crash

Since the LLM guys showed it to me just during a practice run, I want to point out that you may not "run wide" in the final hairpin to have a longer acceleration way. Since you are out of bounds you may not gain an advantage from it. If you are found to have gained an advantage due to leaving the track, that lap will not count to your qualifying times!
#6 - meddc
Quote from TFalke55 :Since the LLM guys showed it to me just during a practice run, I want to point out that you may not "run wide" in the final hairpin to have a longer acceleration way. Since you are out of bounds you may not gain an advantage from it. If you are found to have gained an advantage due to leaving the track, that lap will not count to your qualifying times!

The advantage from doing this is minimal anyway but just to confirm, presumably it's fine to miss the apex and run slightly wide as long as we stay within the confines of the track.
Quote from meddc :The advantage from doing this is minimal anyway but just to confirm, presumably it's fine to miss the apex and run slightly wide as long as we stay within the confines of the track.

yes, as long as we don't see that you have an advantage from it it is good...
Race
Two worlds: Epic Fail!

Qualification:
I get 20% and went to track, I was fighting around 5th position, in last lap i made lap for 4th position but I lost fuel 100m before finnish, anyway 6th position, really good result for me!

Race:
In T1 I get many positions, but server was laggy and number 51, again from CoRe spunned me and i needed to catch position. I was hotlapping and i made 1:32.7 time so i had chance to fight for TOP 10, but T1 caused that I finished that bad.. In last lap Z. Cagaš spunned too, so booth czech cars finished in last places

Thanks to:
Jarda Dohnalík for great assistance during the race!
Samppa Koski for BEST setup what i could get!
NDR Team for this great race!
Wow, I was running 4th place only to get punted off at lap 8. Dissappointing.
Everything went ok until last lap, when i ran out of track, one of Kings catched up on me and just before the curved braking zone Jarda on TS started something about my fellow foe's insanity, which cost me my already corrupted concentration, i've hit grass and lost 3 postions.
Meh.
My wheel got stuck in the wall :/ blaaaa
Official results?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Official results?

Hopefully sometime Wednesday overnight / Thursday am european time - lost the other opinion I had on the protest, and need to ask the person for it again.
Quote from dekojester :Hopefully sometime Wednesday overnight / Thursday am european time - lost the other opinion I had on the protest, and need to ask the person for it again.

It wasn't Ellis was it? Cos then we'll be waiting months for the results
#16 - CSF
It was me. Deko's just useless at retaining information.
Quote from dekojester :Hopefully sometime Wednesday overnight / Thursday am european time - lost the other opinion I had on the protest, and need to ask the person for it again.

2 days later

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG