The online racing simulator
LFS Computer/Clock Variance
(29 posts, started )
Quote from Draconious :Nothing has been installed since the last time I posted, and even a while before that....

I have as few things running as possible... always do... and it is in Win 7

PC is just pausing a lot more lately, I once let it slide thinking it was just accessing the HD, but it happens too often now... mouse stops etc.

Could be:
  • Background task
  • Malware
  • System temperature too high
  • Insufficient system memory (background tasks running in virtual memory space)
Quote from Draconious :Nothing has been installed since the last time I posted, and even a while before that....

PC is just pausing a lot more lately, I once let it slide thinking it was just accessing the HD, but it happens too often now... mouse stops etc.

Have you tried the application I posted above? If nothing else it would be interesting to see what kind of results would it return on a machine with supposedly incorrect RTC clock.

well i had on pc's with rubbish ram, if memory serves me right it was using HD when trying to read it and since whatever ram available was tied up running the OS i got the exact sympthoms you listed...

but then again, that was roughly 6-8 years ago, tech should be better etc etc
It might be a good idea to try a Linux live-cd or thumb drive and see if it acts the same.

LFS Computer/Clock Variance
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG