The online racing simulator
European NASCAR League
(9 posts, started )
European NASCAR League
http://www.racecarseries.com/

It seems like it's almost a hybrid between the V8 Supercars and NASCAR thrown into Europe. I'm kind of courious what the racing is like so I guess I'm going to be looking into it

Noticed the Series listed under NASCAR home tracks and figured I'd scope it out seeing as that I'd never known about it
I've seen it before, its based in france.

Its pretty much a joke though the field spread is as if its club racing.
Tbh it is more club racing than a real professional NASCAR league. However it is around for quiet some years, first running under FFSA. Last year NASCAR started sponsoring it. This year the FIA approved the series and NASCAR cooperated more.

Still, the series does not go to the European Ovals although we've got a couple of short tracks over here and two speedways. Instead they are creating the Tours Oval, a street course oval!

Still I must say it looks like they have a plan, cooperating this year with DTM, FIA GT1 and FIA Trucks.
Trying to stay positive but the whole thing is a tad uninspiring. This looks more like expensive club racing rather than Europe's take at NASCAR.

The lack of ovals is disappoiting - would've been cool to see some activity on Lausitz and Rockingham. So is the lack of "names", although it's nice to see that Harry Vaulkhard landed a drive.

I see that they're going to have a non-championship event at Daytona, what layout will they run, I assume the backstraight oval?
wow...
never heard of it, nor do i want to.
Sadly, if all was put together properly it would be an awesome series. A 50/50 oval/road split that included some good tracks would have my interest.
Well I just took a comparing look to it's "rival" the European Late Model Series, which runs 13 rounds at 4 ovals and one road course across Great Britain, Belgium and Netherlands. It actually is the rest of ASCAR Days Of Thunder Series.

The cars in Late Models cost €17,500 (second-hand), in European Race Car NASCAR Touring Series (ERNTS) cost €64,000 (new) resp. €45,000 (second-hand).

ERNTS seems to run a new evolution of the car it seems though plus it has the NASCAR partnership. So even though the racing in ELMS is closer to the American Stock Cars, in terms of weight, engine, and stuff, ERNTS has the better partner plus it also progressed a bit. Well an entry level for NASCAR in Europe would be nice. Let's see how it devellopes in its 4th year with the cooperation of NASCAR.
tbh those cars aren't interesting. I have seen those car racing and it make a stupid noise (not a cool V8's one). It has poor grip, bodywork looks like a low cost thing and it is ****ing slow on track. Last year at motorland Aragon it was as fast as 993 GT2 driven by 50 years old drivers.
Looks like a crappy cot sportcar hybrid

European NASCAR League
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG