The online racing simulator
Little bit, about creating InSim Application
Hello,

I'm wondering, about InSim Cruise Application. Just for learning purposes. And i don't know where to start? Witch Library to use.

Of course i think, to connect that insim with MySql database, for logging in with password, and to be able to control all racers from website. And maybie a simple information about them: Cars, money, and licences.

So Can you say me, which lib to use?
You should choose the library by the language you want to write your application in. (In fact you don't have to use any library at all if you're willing to write all the plumbing code yourself)

For C# or VB.NET there is InSim.NET or LFS_External, but LFS_External hasn't been actively maintained for some time. There is pyInsim if you'd like to use Python (IIRC it's compatible with Python 3). With C++ you can use a somewhat low-level CInsim. And there's of course PHP-based PRISM, which is what you might want to use if your InSim application will be strongly web-oriented.

Keep in mind that these libraries were designed only to make talking to LFS easy, processing of the data you get from LFS still has to be done by you.
Quote from MadCatX :You should choose the library by the language you want to write your application in. (In fact you don't have to use any library at all if you're willing to write all the plumbing code yourself)

For C# or VB.NET there is InSim.NET or LFS_External, but LFS_External hasn't been actively maintained for some time. There is pyInsim if you'd like to use Python (IIRC it's compatible with Python 3). With C++ you can use a somewhat low-level CInsim. And there's of course PHP-based PRISM, which is what you might want to use if your InSim application will be strongly web-oriented.

Keep in mind that these libraries were designed only to make talking to LFS easy, processing of the data you get from LFS still has to be done by you.

What you think about PyInsim? or PRISM? Which is Better? Which is easyier to learn?
I limit myself to CInsim but I don't think any of those libs is considerably more difficult to use than the other.
Quote from MadCatX :I limit myself to CInsim but I don't think any of those libs is considerably more difficult to use than the other.

Oh ok. Thanks a lot. So i'll try PyInSim now... maybie other later. Thank's a lot
Quote from SiktEik :Oh ok. Thanks a lot. So i'll try PyInSim now... maybie other later. Thank's a lot

Python is pretty easy to learn and DarkTimes is a useful resource to have around on the forums when asking questions, he always does so in a timely fashion.

Quote from MadCatX :Keep in mind that these libraries were designed only to make talking to LFS easy, processing of the data you get from LFS still has to be done by you.

StikEik, this is something you have to take to heart. We can only give you the interface, the processing of information is up to your idea.

Quote from MadCatX :And there's of course PHP-based PRISM, which is what you might want to use if your InSim application will be strongly web-oriented.

PHP is not limited to web-oriented tasks, it really have opened its self up the the command line users and programmers in version 5. I will give you that PHP is mostly used on the web, and that point is even further compounded when you consider that PHP 5.4 has a web server built into it. But I feel that is an advantage.
#7 - PoVo
I'd personally recommend PRISM, since it's very easy to use and the single instance can connect to multiple LFS hosts.

LOL'd at OP's username.
Quote from PoVo :I'd personally recommend PRISM, since it's very easy to use and the single instance can connect to multiple LFS hosts.

pyinsim will do this as well, it's very simple. Just create as many InSim connections that you want before you call run. This example sends a hello message to anyone that's connected to any of the specified hosts.

import pyinsim

def new_connection(host, ncn):
host.sendm('Hello, %s' % ncn.PName, ncn.UCID)

hosts = [pyinsim.insim('127.0.0.1', 29999, Admin=''),
pyinsim.insim('127.0.0.1', 29999, Admin=''),
pyinsim.insim('127.0.0.1', 29999, Admin='')]

for host in hosts:
host.bind(pyinsim.ISP_NCN, new_connection)
host.send(pyinsim.ISP_TINY, ReqI=1, SubT=pyinsim.TINY_NCN)

pyinsim.run()

Quote from DarkTimes :

hosts = [pyinsim.insim('127.0.0.1', 29999, Admin='',
pyinsim.insim('127.0.0.1', 29999, Admin='',
pyinsim.insim('127.0.0.1', 29999, Admin='']

RIP missing parenthesis

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG