The online racing simulator
Anyone fancy this?
(10 posts, started )
Anyone fancy this?
Motorpsort Xfactor, don't think i'll be able to do online qual with my pc the way it is right now, but if i get it up and running i'll give it a shot i think or make a trip to a dealer.

Forgot link http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/ ... milton-to-launch-x-758719
great idea , bet im to old tho.
#3 - J@tko
Quote :“The winner gets a full season's drive with an F1 team – a real race drive not a one- off test

Wut.
#4 - Mysho
that does indeed sound a bit strange. What if only idiots apply, and of of them makes it you have to prepare for any possible outcome
#6 - Bean0
Quote from Mysho :I don't believe that.

Do you need a superlicense to be a test driver ?
Quote from Bean0 :Do you need a superlicense to be a test driver ?

I believe so.

The licence requirements do seem to be a slight crack in this plan, as to obtain an International B which is required (IIRC) you need to compete in pretty much a full season of National / International racing anyway and achieve top results in those series.
I remember a TV show a while ago which took 100 or so novices with no racing experience whatsoever and tried to train them into competitive racing drivers.

It pretty much conclusively proved (as LFS also kind of does) that you can teach all you want but there's absolutely no substitute for track experience and simply putting the miles down in a pack of cars. They were recoring pretty good time-trial lap times towards the end of the series, but as soon as they were put in a race together, they were like lemmings. In one race of around 20 laps, out of a grid of 30 cars, two finished. The rest took each other out.
I don't think that's completely true, look at norbi, arrechee, rudy, painster, casagrande, nickc, scott andrews, dennis, wyatt gooden, vale, aobrian, nial murray, huttu even nick hamilton. If you have the balls for it you can do it.

I wouldn't say alot of the above developed their skills from sim racing i think you need some natural ability but i'd say with some of them it may have helped them in their real racing and all of them are good/fast drivers in LFS so there must be a link there, all you need is the balls to do what you do on the sim in real life. The lads from GT Academy did pretty well too.
Realistically i think F1 may be a bridge to far for this project but, if they aimed a bit lower & found a really skilled driver then good luck to them.

Anyone fancy this?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG