The online racing simulator
LFSCART Light Series 2012: Round 2 Discussion
Round 2 of the 2012 LFSCART Light Series brings us to the Grand Prix of Aston, featuring an open configuration course.

The race will be 46 laps in length, with one bonus lap added for the formation lap.

Race date, 18 March 2012.

Timetable:

17 March 2012 @ 17:20 UTC: Entries locked; no additions, edits, or deletions to a team roster from this point until 1 hour after the event concludes, for accuracy of eligible entrants and other necessary configurations.

18 March 2012:

15:20 UTC: Confirmation of team's race roster deadline, deadline for serving the requirements

17:20 UTC Hardcore-Qualifying, 20 minutes. Field split into two groups, sessions run concurrently on separate servers.
17:53 UTC Grid Stacking Begins
18:00 UTC Formation Lap Begins

Qualifying Group 1 [19] (Main Server => NDR.LFSCART Light)
2, 8, 13, 26, 30, 32, 36, 44, 49, 51, 55, 57, 59, 64, 71, 73, 80, 82, 90

Qualifying Group 2 [18] (Spare Server => NDR.LFSCART Light 2)
4, 11, 14, 28, 31, 33, 41, 48, 50, 56, 58, 60, 70, 72, 79, 81, 86, 96
Attached images
AS32.png
#2 - J@tko
#69 won't be there, firstly I'm away and secondly I'm not too sure how successfully trying to race with 8 frames per second will be
that eau rouge turn is just horrible :C
Quote from J@tko :secondly I'm not too sure how successfully trying to race with 8 frames per second will be

this
#5 - J@tko
Quote from J@tko :#69 won't be there, firstly I'm away and secondly I'm not too sure how successfully trying to race with 8 frames per second will be

Oh sorry am I not supposed to put "not coming" in confirmations? My bad - I assumed they were for that too?
No problem. But well, to put everything into Tracker, it is just a bit easier to overview everything when there are only confirmations to appear respectively the information that the confirmation posts were changed.
So, how good is 1:29,2 on R2's?
Quote from J@tko :#69 won't be there, firstly I'm away and secondly I'm not too sure how successfully trying to race with 8 frames per second will be

Is how it feels, I share the same In BL1 suffering with the fps and I do the ridiculous, I do not want more
Just a friendly reminder, seeing as there's some blind turns here it's especially important.

LFS does NOT show you local yellow flags on open configurations.

We/I will try to call out local yellows, almost exclusively at the top of "Eau Rouge" where the blindness is almost total.

Likely these will be called out in TS via my Race Control Whisper, so if you want to be sure to hear them, be in one of the TeamSpeak Channels that is in our TS, that is either Pit Wall - LFS or one of it's subchannels (except the Western Wolves one under there those isolationist iRacing fools ) or the Pit Wall - Silence (Admin Only) channel.

TS3 address: 84.45.52.142:10005

Remember that TS is NOT compluslory for this series (except on the Oval), but encouraged.
Qualifying Groups in OP.

Official Track Map now in OP also.
deadwolfbones: I saw the replay, and in my mpr no contact existed. Only shows that car gets out of your car by lag, and that caused the accident

FLASH: In the moment of contact, I ran to the left and diminishes the velocity, so that you pass. But you got behind me and there was contact.
Sorry for harm.

excuse my English, I use a translator
Wow what a race!
Here is my take on it...

Qualy went great for me, put down a banker lap which was pretty nice then finally pulled a lap together to hit a 26.7 which I was delighted with.

Race was harder, lost the lead down to turn 1 due to no draft but after the first safety car I got it back. I knew damage was a big issue so I wanted a big enough gap to be able to repair and come out near the lead. I was pushing like mad and came in for my pit, but lost the lead I had stretched out. Safety cars then came and tyres got really cold. I had matti trying an overtake in eau rouge then a little dive into turn 3 but held the position. I eventually got into the draft of teemu and made the move to take the win. Was such a great battle with him and such a close race, cya at the oval! :|
Quote from Eclipsed :Session: Race
Timecode: 1h12:00
Lap: 41
Involved cars: 96 & 58
Your description: After exiting pits 58 overtakes 96 while full course caution.

gave the yellow flag when I was in front of you ,safety car provides for the freezing of positions ,if I am wrong I am punished .
Quote from malcomax :gave the yellow flag when I was in front of you ,safety car provides for the freezing of positions ,if I am wrong I am punished .

Answering here,because protest thread isn't for discussions. Well,you are right,however,position changes while making pitstop are legal and I passed you before exiting pits. And "freezing of positions" doesn't mean you can go back in your position after spinning,like you did early in race!
This went much better than expected. I knew that consistency and faultless drive could give me good spot in finish.

Quali'd 26th, but my DF setting was purely wrong, as i learned later (5/6), because i had no benchmark, so it was shoot'n'run all evening.

So race was just sitting duck mode. Start went awesomely, as my graphics went into this kind of mode. Quick restart and back on track, thankfully early SC helped me to get back and then everyone was just going away. Losing 2-3s per lap, i couldn't do anything, but somehow people were driving like crap so in the end i was battling for 9th. Thanks to my low df setting, i was unpredictably slow in technical parts and everyone just failed to cope with the sudden loss of downforce close behind me and dispatched themselves out of the track, that's how i roll, yeah.
In last lap someone spun out in T1, so in the end awesome 8th, feels like win. \o/
Quote from gaston_ar44 :deadwolfbones: I saw the replay, and in my mpr no contact existed. Only shows that car gets out of your car by lag, and that caused the accident

FLASH: In the moment of contact, I ran to the left and diminishes the velocity, so that you pass. But you got behind me and there was contact.
Sorry for harm.

There was nothing you did wrong in that incident, Gaston. Just lag, nobody's fault.

As for your contact with Toni, I think he was more angry that you held him up for several laps while under blue flag.
Well, because of the crash that occurred in T1, I didn't manage to avoid one car and damaged my suspension, so I had to make a pit stop. But due to this fact, I had to change F12 options for fuel and it is pain in the ass to put it back on as it was after the pit, while driving, so I accidentally spectated myself, so sorry for chatting there, I just thought maybe there was a chance I could rejoin for my silly mistake. Anyway, I'll try to be there next round, this time with practice hopefully.
Well, bad race for me.
Some little errors cost my a lot of positions after the 2nd re-start.
Then my car totally broke suspension in T1 when other car invades my line and i go to the wall instantly.
Then i try to get a nice pace, i have some nice laps with Flame too.
Congratz to podium.
I have to thank Ilari for giving me his spot yesterday :P although imo I shouldnt have got a penalty from the quali but there is no point in arguing about that anymore, 3rd from 30th isnt that bad after all
Deko never uses common sense when applying penalties, what do you expect?
Timed out, great... I've putted 100% fuel on the start, expecting safety cars and making a strategy without pit. I was on the success road for it in p5 at the restart, but then my connection decided to play games with me.. and after that the pw was changed
Quote from Eclipsed :Answering here,because protest thread isn't for discussions. Well,you are right,however,position changes while making pitstop are legal and I passed you before exiting pits. And "freezing of positions" doesn't mean you can go back in your position after spinning,like you did early in race!

Sorry mate
Was good race for me until I spun few times during last few laps.

Sorry Joe for passing you behind sc. I almost spun and when I came back on track I was somehow in front of you and I thought you had lost control too or something..
Someone upload the replay? :|
Quote from gangsteer :Then my car totally broke suspension in T1 when other car invades my line and i go to the wall instantly.

I'm sorry about this, totally my fault, I just didn't even expect your car to be next to me.

My own race was quite bad I had bad pace and I made some big mistakes that cost a lot of time. Luckily we had many SCs and I was back in the fight and I fought myself to 5th position. It was much better result than could be expected with that driving and actually it feels like I don't even earn it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG