The online racing simulator
#1 - ergin
Why in Fullscreen only 60FPS and in Windows Mode 70-100FPS?
Hello all!

I just recently got into the Window-Mode, and I had instead 60FPS alot more, the game is much Smoother and Faster, which i really liked.

How to reach that 100FPS in Fullscreen mode?

I got an Core2Duo and an HD5850, Windows 7, All Drivers Updated.

The Resolution is Full HD.
How big is the window? The resolution is not Full HD when in window mode. What is your FPS limit setting? How about trying another game that has window mode feature and FPS display.
#3 - Jakg
Have you got full-screen VSync enabled in LFS / your graphics card drivers?
#4 - ergin
Yeah, thats True! In Window Mode, it aint Full HD, becose its not FullHD.

But when I Try other Resolutions in Fullscreen, it Dont goes up. Always stuck on 59,9 FPS. The Limiter is set to 100FPS.

VSync is Enabled, Yes. Tryed to de-activate it, but it doesnt change anything.

Maybe its Becose this TV? 60FPS = 60 Hz? When I Buy a Good LED TV or Monitor, with 200hz? I really dont know.
Check both, in LFS and your card driver. One one it must still have v-sync activated. My monitor is 60hz too, but the game can put out many more
#6 - ergin
Ok. Thanks, it worked. It was on in LFS , but not in Driver.

But the Result is more Lag. i have now 90-80FPS, but it has a sort of Lag. it wasnt faster like Window mode 100fps..

Well, i better leave that alone, Thanks anyway!
>implying you'll have any advantage from having fps higher than 60 on a 60hz monitor
If the signal is 60 Hz, and the graphics card is drawing more than 60 frames per second, frames are show just partly or not at all on your monitor screen. This means the graphics card is drawing alot of graphics that is never shown to you, thus doing unnecessary work. If your computer is getting very hot, turning on VSync to limit how much work it is doing might help keeping it cooler.

Another problem you get without VSync is frame tearing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing
But as always, one should bear in mind that more FPS means more precise FFB and inputs to the game, even though the frames are not displayed in the screen.
#10 - Jakg
Quote from Whiskey :But as always, one should bear in mind that more FPS means more precise FFB and inputs to the game, even though the frames are not displayed in the screen.

I don't think it does - the graphics and physics are totally separate systems.
Quote from E.Reiljans :>implying you'll have any advantage from having fps higher than 60 on a 60hz monitor

>implying this is 4chan
Quote from Jakg :I don't think it does - the graphics and physics are totally separate systems.

This has nothing to do with graphics nor physics. It has to do with the rate of which the input device can... well, input.

However I doubt it's noticeable, if there's any difference at all.
#13 - Jakg
Quote from Bose321 :This has nothing to do with graphics nor physics. It has to do with the rate of which the input device can... well, input.

However I doubt it's noticeable, if there's any difference at all.

Why would more FPS = more input? Especially when talking about 60 vs 90FPS?
Quote from Jakg :Why would more FPS = more input? Especially when talking about 60 vs 90FPS?

Well, I'm not sure myself either tbh. I think if your FPS is high, the rate of the input also is faster. On the other hand, it perhaps doesn't have anything to do with your FPS, your wheel doesn't have anything to do with it?
Having over 60FPS without Vsync makes you have less delay that 60FPS Vsync on. Because with Vsync, you render a frame (or more), then wait untill your screen refreshes before showing that particular frame. Without Vsync, during that waiting time you might have rendered another, newer frame that is shown instead.
At least this is what I've read about it.

If you dont believe me, try having FPS unlocked in LFS, notice how much the lag between you moving the wheel is vs the wheel on screen. Now try it with Vsync on.
On my computer, this makes a huge difference, which is why I never have Vsync on

Edit: It also makes a difference between 62 fps locked, Vsync off (cant lock to 60 in lfs) and like 300fps unlocked, Vsync off, but nowhere as big as with Vsync on (I just tested it)
Quote from Jakg :I don't think it does - the graphics and physics are totally separate systems.

It does not seem logical, that's right, but it is how its done. It is known that controller input are read each new frame.

Didn't you feel sometimes how the FFB is jittery at low FPS? Physics always runs at 1000Hz, so...FFB is not in the same thread as physics.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG