The online racing simulator
Use of clutch
(77 posts, started )
TagForce is turning against the banning crowd with hayforks and torches, ban him!!!

@TagForce, and other charmers

Most of the time it is relaxed as it can possibly be... how else can you ask someone than to make a mention of it. Usually, first and foremost, I'll ask them to post on the forum with their licensed username... that is the only way to prove it. (and they never do). Secondly, tell them to buy the game. We aren't out to scare them, we are tired of those who choose not to buy the game, and then come in here and take our help and resources for granted. Last but not least, if someone is up for inspection, I do report it with the report-post feature... but that is usually until I am certain the person in question is using a crack.

If you were to call ANY video game tech support company, the first thing they will ask you is for your contact information and the "CD Key" you have for the game you bought (or at least one form of verification). If that cannot be done, you would not get help, and a conversation would have to end.

Otherwise, someone posting with as a 'possible' crack-user is as obvious as a giant mole on someone's nose.

So if you want to sit there and think we aren't doing the community a favor... fine. But this isn't a favor for the community, it is a favor for the devs. Do you really think such a gesture would be ignored for all the hard work they do? Clearly, a lot of us are frustrated more and more with the fact that unlicensed users are 'USING' us, when we have all shown our respect (and cash) to the developers. I am 100% for helping people, I am sure you've seen that, and I worked in the Tech Support business for games. I indeed feel a sense of sadness that someone would goto such lengths and not buy a game and then ask for help -- then not recieve any help. But it has to be done, because... in all fairness to the people that actually bought the game, that is a perfectly good reason to be so arsed about crackers on this forum.

You've probably read this recent thread where I was involved with catching someone of using the crack. The part that really angers me about this person is that he tries to lie not only that he doesn't have the crack, but then tries to cheat us all by saying I am the liar and accussing him falsely, when it was clear he was hiding something. Someone who is dumb enough to go and crack the game, then to come on these official forums and expect to be nurtured like a baby is just sad. I cannot stand these cheats that come on here and suck us dry like leeches. If they are a cracker or not, it is always quite obvious by the first observation the the person is a "Demo Racer". Chances are, that person is NOT a licensed user.... chances are, that person is not the low percentile of people that prefer to register a new username just for the forum when their most common licensed username for the game in which they login to the site and ingame is so easy to use.

I don't care if you think we are a 'lynchmob', you can call us anything you want. But I know for damn sure that the people that want to protect this game and allow the developers to get the money they deserve, THOSE ARE TRUE SUPPORTERS.

Oh and, just so you know.... we are the good pirates fighting the evil pirates. YARRRR

And regarding this thread, TagForce, there is no concrete evidence whatsoever that this person has bought the game. Infact, I think it is a misunderstanding on his part that he bought the game. He thinks he truly bought the game, but as I said in my earlier post, I think he had bought the copy from a 3rd party who sells downloadable files on disc, and then his friend cracked it. How else could all the things he has said lead to a different conclusion? His usernames he keeps showing are not licensed, he doesn't have the internet to unlock, and now he says he will come back and prove this to us with his current username. The only way that 'Demo Racer' status will change is if infact he goes and buys the game RIGHT NOW. It won't just magically change because of some error.
You are right, but most of the time people don't just ask for logging in with his username with S2. The first thing they say is: Reason why he's cracking, ban him, and after that, the questions come. And sometimes people are banned pretty quickly. Other times it takes longer. But most people aren't as friendly as you and they just yell BAN HIM. If people start yelling that, isn't it normal you try to say something right so people believe you, you'll buy it?
I probably have only seen a few cases where people just want an insta-ban. Those are when they are 100% positive. If you could show me where people will want to ban someone right away without evidence, I'd be interested to see that.

If you want to put this thread up as an example... the first person to say (and to continue harping this person) it was a Demo Racer. Like he'd know any better :rolleyes:

So I don't think this example of saying some of us want an insta-ban applies to licensed users. This thread just makes some people upset about the "Cracker Patrol", and now it is all thrown out of control.

As far as I know, all the licensed users here were asking him questions. Still are. It is just this one person (who hasn't even bought the game himself) that is seeking a ban initially.
I'm at school so I don't feel like disussing this much further
But I vote for closing this thread, it's leading nowhere. If the "cracker" eventually has an S2 liscense he'll come back, be welcome, and can ask his questions again.
Quote from TagForce :I wish everyone would stop effing flaming every kid that comes in here with demo racer under his name asking questions about something that only a licensed unlocked copy has...

In the past 3 weeks, there have been no less than 5 (!!!!!!!) false accusations of people that actually DID HAVE A LICENSE...

Lynchmobs are illegal in almost every country in the world, and yet you all behave exactly the same... Shoot first, ask questions later... Maybe if you had talked to the guy before you started flaming him and asking for a ban, he would still like this community... Now, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave up on LFS alltogether, internet or not. And the last thing we need in LFS is a community that scares potential buyers away.

You guys are in serious need of some mental help... You're not doing this community a favor this way, at all... If you suspect someone of using a cracked version, just like you suspect someone of robbing a bank, call the authorities... In this case, report it to the devs or a mod, but stop acting like some sort of renegade death squad.

I have no idea if he actually has a license, but it may seem like he does... I will not respond to questions he asks, until there is proof either way (in which case he'll be banned, or will have S2 licensed under his name).

PS:
This post is not aimed at anyone in particular, but to the community as a whole. I still love you all, I really do. It just got the better of me for a minute there... No hard feelings, k?

im with you guys on this forum are to quick to ask for a ban or tell them off, you guys dont know any thing about how they got the game. for all you know becus he doesnt have any net he cud have payed for the game but doesnt know he can log in with the name on say a paper that came with the CD so i think all of you need to back off him. it cud be any thing
Tweak, yes, you are doing a good job in the community, indeed. And I applaud your efforts. What bugs me is the instant flaming by a lot of people on the matter of cracks being used. It's like someone spots a possible cracker, calls all his buddies and all hell breaks loose.

I'm all for banning people that are proven guilty of using a crack (like your example)... I just ask for a little more discretion in labeling someone cracker.
In this thread (and a lot more threads before this one), there seems to be no wish to get these 'crackers' to buy the game. It's just another excuse to vent frustrations it seems... And it bothers me that someone who is probably not even aware that he is using the program in an illegal fashion does not get A) a fair chance to proof his license, B) friendly help in obtaining a legit version when he is proven 'guilty'...

Instead people seem to jump on every little indiscrepancy in a noobs story...
People crack the game, live with it already... There are friendlier ways of getting rid of them, and they do not involve flaming possibly innocent newbies.

That was the point I tried to make.

Again, nothing against catching crackers... It's the way the community seems to go about it that bothers me.
Richy had a similar thing - he didn't like the 'welcome' he got here, as the sarcasm and in jokes were initially to much for him. Within a week he was giving as good as he got, and he's still around - raced him a few times.
#60 - DeKo
TBH, calling somebody "scum" isnt really the way to get him to buy the game... even somebody posting a link to his profile that proved he bought it, yet still people call him cracker and want him banned? imo, it should be the flamers that got banned.

dont you maybe think, he bought the game, played at friends or wherever else, but hasnt got internet at home, but still liked the game?? what would you do? technically, you have bought the game, so he can play it, whether its a cracked version or not, he still gave his 24 quid.

dont even start about me being a demo racer aswell, its called being skint and doing exams. give it 6 days.
I believe he's got a cracked S2, and here is why:

fir3spell is a registered account with no stats, demo users can register at LFSW, he may not have internet at home, but yet the image he posted himself (http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/60/semttulo7ir.jpg) has the license under the name firespell. A search on LFSW returned "FireSpell was not found."; when LFS S2 is licensed to an account, the account has to be created first on liveforspeed.net, and that account automatically is also created on LFSF as well as LFSW.

So, it is not possible to have legitimately registered LFS as per the image, while not appearing on LFSW with that name.
#62 - Jakg
Quote from DeKo :TBH, calling somebody "scum" isnt really the way to get him to buy the game... even somebody posting a link to his profile that proved he bought it, yet still people call him cracker and want him banned? imo, it should be the flamers that got banned.

dont you maybe think, he bought the game, played at friends or wherever else, but hasnt got internet at home, but still liked the game?? what would you do? technically, you have bought the game, so he can play it, whether its a cracked version or not, he still gave his 24 quid.

dont even start about me being a demo racer aswell, its called being skint and doing exams. give it 6 days.

the screenies prove nothing tbh, as the cracker does the same effects
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I believe he's got a cracked S2, and here is why:

fir3spell is a registered account with no stats, demo users can register at LFSW, he may not have internet at home, but yet the image he posted himself (http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/60/semttulo7ir.jpg) has the license under the name firespell. A search on LFSW returned "FireSpell was not found."; when LFS S2 is licensed to an account, the account has to be created first on liveforspeed.net, and that account automatically is also created on LFSF as well as LFSW.

So, it is not possible to have legitimately registered LFS as per the image, while not appearing on LFSW with that name.

That pretty much clears it up then. Didn't know that even demo users can register to lfsw.. so, moderators?
Hi all again
I have read your posts, and all i can say is that all of you don't have enough patience and just want to "flame" the other people... i said that i have the game and between today and this sunday (14th of may 2006) i will come here to the forums with S2 licensed to prove everyone that you were damn wrong about me. Someone here said this:

Originally Posted by TagForce
I wish everyone would stop effing flaming every kid that comes in here with demo racer under his name asking questions about something that only a licensed unlocked copy has...

In the past 3 weeks, there have been no less than 5 (!!!!!!!) false accusations of people that actually DID HAVE A LICENSE...

Lynchmobs are illegal in almost every country in the world, and yet you all behave exactly the same... Shoot first, ask questions later... Maybe if you had talked to the guy before you started flaming him and asking for a ban, he would still like this community... Now, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave up on LFS alltogether, internet or not. And the last thing we need in LFS is a community that scares potential buyers away.

You guys are in serious need of some mental help... You're not doing this community a favor this way, at all... If you suspect someone of using a cracked version, just like you suspect someone of robbing a bank, call the authorities... In this case, report it to the devs or a mod, but stop acting like some sort of renegade death squad.

I have no idea if he actually has a license, but it may seem like he does... I will not respond to questions he asks, until there is proof either way (in which case he'll be banned, or will have S2 licensed under his name).

PS:
This post is not aimed at anyone in particular, but to the community as a whole. I still love you all, I really do. It just got the better of me for a minute there... No hard feelings, k?

This person maybe is only person who thinks positive. the others just aim to call me cracker, insulting me,calling me kid (i'm already married ), saying my english is bad and just want to ban me as fast as possible. Well, this is a game and you people are just freaking out with the damn license... In my spare time from work i play some games and i come to this community and you just want to get me rid of this community...
As said before between today and this sunday i will come back with the S2 license.

Sorry for my english,
Pedro Araújo
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I believe he's got a cracked S2, and here is why:

That proofs he has a cracked LFS S2Q on his PC, yet not whether or not he owns a license or not...

You assume that he has internet at home because he posted an image... I can post images from anywhere in the world, since I can make the shot on my PC, put it on a memstick, and upload it on any USB PC I can access that has internet.

Secondly, if you crack LFS, you select any username you want, and this doesn't necessarily have to be the one you registered on the site with.

It IS possible to have a legitimately registered LFS license... It is however not possible to unlock S2 without an internet connection. So you'd have to use a crack to play it anyway. See, registering, and unlocking, are 2 very different things.

If I liked the handling of S2, and wanted to buy the game so I could practice offline, until my stupid provider would hook me up to the internet... What do you think I would do? Order a license at work, download the game, burn it on CD, install it at my internetless PC at home, AND CRACK IT. Just so I could play it and get used to it before I get online. That's the only flaw in the dev's system of protecting this game.

I would love it if the devs would find a way to make owning a license public. Like having people log on to the forum if they can before obtaining an online username, just so they can delete that account or convert it to the online username on the forum so the 2 databases are always consistent.

I admit the whole thing is kinda dodgy, yes. But I'm not convinced he's a pirate.

Quote from matrixi :
That pretty much clears it up then. Didn't know that even demo users can register to lfsw.. so, moderators?

No, it doesn't... And please quit asking for bans in the open... Use PM's, that's what they're for.
Quote from Fir3spell :This person maybe is only person who thinks positive. the others just aim to call me cracker, insulting me,calling me kid (i'm already married ), saying my english is bad and just want to ban me as fast as possible. Well, this is a game and you people are just freaking out with the damn license... In my spare time from work i play some games and i come to this community and you just want to get me rid of this community...
As said before between today and this sunday i will come back with the S2 license.

Sorry for my english,
Pedro Araújo

It's not about being positive or negative, it's about being fair to someone. I hope you are right and can show us a licensed username by the end of the weekend... Let's see who's man enough to apologize (I'm guessing a lot of them actually, because they really are a friendly bunch most of the time).

Either way, let justice be served.
Quote from Fir3spell :i will come here to the forums with S2 licensed to prove everyone that you were damn wrong about me.

I know you are going to prove to us that you are 'licensed'... but there is only one way you can do that now. You have to go and buy the game right now in order to show us you are licensed. Because you are a Demo Racer right now, and there is no way you have bought the license under your username Fir3spell. It would change to "S2 Licensed" if you bought it. So in a sense, saying you will prove to us that you are licensed won't proving anything, because you are just going to go buy the game suddenly and say we were all wrong

Unless you have a licensed username somewhere already, you can always post with that. Otherwise you are still a demo racer buddy!

If you DID buy the game from www.liveforspeed.net, then you should be licensed, but you need to get your account fixed by contacting them from their website so you show up as S2 Licensed here. If you bought the game from some other source, then you probably got ripped off and you really don't own a license.

www.live-for-speed.de (Germany) and http://liveforspeed.jpn.ch/ (Asia) are the only two other sources you could purchase LFS from AND get a boxed copy.
Shhhhh tweak... Even if he is unlicensed now, he will still get a license this weekend... Win-win situation... He will have bought the game, and we won't have anything to complain about... Don't ruin it
How could I be ruining anything. We spend all this time trying to figure this out, then he'd go and buy the game and try to prove us wrong?? I know it is good he will buy the game, but it is just silly to say he had already bought the game... but now he really has to go buy the game. So what were all those posts beforehand about him already owning a license then? Why is he buying "another" one. :rolleyes:
Oi, we don't know if he's buying one, or if he's cashing in a voucher, or what he's doing... He'll be registered sunday, and as far as I'm concerned that's all that really matters.
TagForce, I didn't ask moderators to ban him. Just to take a look at the whole situation on hand and judge themself what to do They if anyone will know if the person is licensed or not.

I like the way you defend new people TagForce, but accepting some people who are crackers and come posting and asking for help in official forums isn't right imo, even if they decide to buy the game in X amount of days/weeks. When they have the license nicely written under their name, they will get my full support.

Sorry, I am cruel, but some action must be taken in the whole cracker situation in the forums. You can't just go patting them in the back and begging them to buy S2. We will see how this case will advance.
Can I just add I never said your English was bad - I said it was 'rather good' (which means it's good). But the misunderstanding is ironic, as it means you're grasp isn't quite perfect yet Way better than my... foreign though
Quote from tristancliffe :Can I just add I never said your English was bad - I said it was 'rather good' (which means it's good). But the misunderstanding is ironic, as it means you're grasp isn't quite perfect yet Way better than my... foreign though

Foreign... you speak alien?
Quote from Fir3spell :Hi all
I'm new in live for speed.
I mostly drive MRT5, formula XR and formula V8, all of these cars in sequencial box... but i never use the clutch before changing the gear.
Can this be a problem? do i need to use it to get more performance on this cars?

You can try... or just use Auto Clutch...?
I deactivated the auto clutch and everything for maximum realism.
well , i have been using the clutch and i certainly notice the difference

Use of clutch
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG