The online racing simulator
2012 Fia WTCC
(251 posts, started )
#1 - Mysho
2012 Fia WTCC
So, here we go again. Just about 35 days to start a new season in Monza, Italy.

There is going to be more or less new event in Hungaroring, Salzburgring in Austria, there is also some schedule that says something about Argentina. As far as I know there is going to be a "full" Volvo, no information about Ford.

Just read an article saying that 2013 WTCC will be with a full participation of Honda and their Civic model! Great news imo. More brands = better racing.

I think there is not enough fans who are following this over BTCC but I created this thread anyway. Discuss if U can.
You forgot. Lada is back this season with James Thompson driving one! Honda is expected to participate in the Asian rounds this year in preperation for 2013.
Austria, USA - nice
Lada - Omygosh yes!!1

Other than this, i don't expect, that anything has changed, it's still going down slowly.
Calender 2012:
Rounds 1 & 2 - 11 March: Autodromo di Monza (Italy)
Rounds 3 & 4 - 1 April: Circuit Ricardo Tormo, Valencia (Spain)
Rounds 5 & 6 - 15 April: Circuit de Marrakech (Morocco)
Rounds 7 & 8 - 6 May: Hungaroring, Budapest (Hungary)
Rounds 9 & 10 - 20 May: Salzburgring (Austria)
Rounds 11 & 12 - 10 June: Circuito do Estoril (Portugal)
Rounds 13 & 14 - 8 July: TBA (Argentina)
Rounds 15 & 16 - 22 July: Autódromo Internacional de Curitiba (Brazil)
Rounds 17 & 18 - 23 September: Infineon Raceway, Sonoma (USA)
Rounds 19 & 20 - 21 October: Suzuka East Circuit (Japan)
Rounds 21 & 22 - 4 November: Shanghai International Circuit (China)
Rounds 23 & 24 - 18 November: Circuito da Guia (Macau)

Chevrolet will get +30 kg startweight. Bmw gets -10 kg. Also there will be a ford focus added to the field. Hopefully the Chevy's won't dominate again.
#5 - Mysho
Wow, I didn't know about the USA event. That sounds like a fun as well as Chevy balance. At first I was glad they're dominating, but it got really boring after all and this weight balance is a good thing.

Yeah I totally forgot about Lada, are they in with Priora again? I haven't been following much this series, because I've got no time for that.
Quote from ChristijaNL :Also there will be a ford focus added to the field.

I'm pretty much sure there will be 3 in total. Chilton is already confirmed for one of them. Giovanardi and Nash are being linked to the 2 others, but those are just rumours of course.
Gio is trying his luck here? That would be nice! And if the BTCC migration continues, it might be interesting after all.
The biggest German newspaper just reported that Adrian Sutil might compete in WTCC this season. "BILD" says that he has connections to a WTCC and an IndyCar team. Sutil's manager answered that their focus is a return into the Formula 1.
#9 - troy
BILD probably wrote that he's got connections to a pod racing team on tatooine in the same sentence...
Quote from troy :BILD probably wrote that he's got connections to a pod racing team on tatooine in the same sentence...

BILD is not worth the paper it's printed on, however, their sport part is pretty accurate.
I do not like infienon, would have liked most other American tracks (there are maybe 10 track in US I think is more appropriate for WTCC style racing)
my only issue with it is it's pretty technical with the huge elevation changes, which may cause the field to spread out too much. But that will also possibly cause carnage when the fast guys try to get through from the back...

The track itself is something unique and awesome, and it's always eventful when NASCAR visits I would guess they'll use that shorter configuration, not the IndyCar one.

Still, wish it was closer to me.
Can't wait to see how it will actually look like in action... This season sounds promising, reasonable better than 2010 and 2011 ones. Not expecting Ford to be high, but more of a good opponent same as Volvo last year. Well Lada has been backmarking since forever but who knows, Thompson is hell of a good driver. Any info about Argentinian event? It says TBC and I can't seem to find any relevant information on this subject at all.
I also hate the fact that Brno has been cancelled.

Well I've never ever been in Budapest, maybe it's time to do so and visit Hungaroring in exchange for Brno.
Omg, this is like the last thing I would ever expect to happen concerning WTCC season 2012. That makes me happy more after all. Since this circuit was inaugurated back in 2009 this will be the fist time for me there. I think I'm just back in this series again. Funny how impulses work...
Volvo won't enter WTCC. TTA seems to be the reason, thought it was not named as reason. Officially it is that the C30 is discontinued and the S60 they would like to promote does not fit into WTCC.
No surprise at all, but what a waste :/

I hope that Polestar(aren't they already involved in TTA though?) or someone else runs these cars somewhere with no factory backing.
Quote from GreyBull CHA :I hope that Polestar(aren't they already involved in TTA though?) or someone else runs these cars somewhere with no factory backing.

Polestar was confirmed for TTA some months ago on TouringCarTimes.com
-
(RiseAgainstMe!) DELETED by RiseAgainstMe! : Found his quote - He wasn't talking about size issues.
Can anyone explain what that TTA thing is? When I put it into google I always get wrong results and nothing relevant. Seems like I slept too long..
Quote from Mysho :Can anyone explain what that TTA thing is? When I put it into google I always get wrong results and nothing relevant. Seems like I slept too long..

TTA is sort of a mini-DTM, which has its inaugual season this year. They dragged more then half of the regular field out of STCC, including Volvo Polestar. TTA means Touring Car Team Association.

http://ttagroup.se/en/
Break off series from STCC using silhouettes.
Thanks for the link and explanation guys. I am too busy playing Race07 and STCC 2011 & WTCC 2011 mods.

2012 Fia WTCC
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG