The online racing simulator
G27-Unpredictable pedal actions
Hey,

My G27 has a bit of an issue, it appears the pedals have either something wrong with the potentiometers or there's just dust on them but it makes random movements when I'm not touching the pedal, such as the clutch and accel creeping up with the brake having odd step ins, I haven't noticed it on any other game so I'm wondering if it's a known bug in LFS and if there is something I need to check/uncheck to stop it

Thanks in Advance
-FakeDeath
Probably the dreaded spiking. Is it sill within warranty? If so, call Logitech.

If not, you might have to take it apart and clean it up / replace the pots. / use a third party software to correct it. Goes without saying; don't attempt to open it up if its still within warranty.

Search the forum for Logitech pedal spiking (and maybe Google as well), you may come across what needs to be done...
Quote from MattsterGT :Hey,

My G27 has a bit of an issue, it appears the pedals have either something wrong with the potentiometers or there's just dust on them but it makes random movements when I'm not touching the pedal, such as the clutch and accel creeping up with the brake having odd step ins, I haven't noticed it on any other game so I'm wondering if it's a known bug in LFS and if there is something I need to check/uncheck to stop it

Thanks in Advance
-FakeDeath

Be aware, two year warranty on these. Within the first 12 months you should contact your supplier, in the second year contact Logitech directly.

As has been said, if out of warranty you will probably need to open the pedals and clean the pots. Depending on your carpet you may simply find the pots full of fibres. For help in opening up the pedal unit see the Nixim Brake kit review at InsideSimRacing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwKKzSDlaz0
Bought brand new...

out of warranty (I hope) I bought it 2nd hand from eaglezor...

I've just opened the case after putting some compressed air into it and noticing 6 tons of dust falling out.

Discovered as suspected the pots were covered in about 2mm of trapped dust. VERY hard to get out...but it did we encouragement.

Not tested it yet, England Scotland match on BBC 2 so...if all goes well, this can be open and shut. both literally and in terms of the forum subject.
Update:just tested, seems to be better, brake is still slightly touching but I think that's just down to general usage and will probably just require a minor deadzone change.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG