The online racing simulator
Crash [P to U - now FIXED]
(11 posts, started )
Game just randomly crashed as I was playing LFS, I was on the Eagle racing server (FOX on SO Classic) and I had done 2 races, half way through the 3rd, the game crashed, I have no clue why it did.

I am running the latest version of LFS (Patch U)

PC specs
Windows XP (SP2)
P4 1.8ghz Dell Dimension 4500 (not OCed)
Geforce 6600GT (not OCed)
Sound Blaster sound card?

I've provided the error report if that is any help:
http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lfs3yd.png
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2875/lfs28qr.png
Thanks for the crash address. I have made a note on my bug sheet.

In fact I only need the second image you posted (Error report contents).

Please post again if it happens again.
I had a crash today with the same crash address. FOX on AS Historic, busy first corner, not pushing any buttons or anything, screen went black.
Attached images
crash.png
I just had exactly the same crash at the same point (on the same server at the same time. But I forgot to save the crash report thingy, sorry.

Might be my first LFS crash for 12 months or so, so I can hardly complain
Good news!

Because you proved that this rare crash was not a one-off, I did an investigation today and found the line of that crash address. I figured out how it can go wrong. The bug has been there since S2, because it's in the "blue flag" code. It seems that a player who was in front of you but had started the race at the back of the grid, left the server a fraction of a second before your computer was updating the blue flags.

I have added an easy and safe line of code to eliminate this problem so from the next test patch, the bug should be fixed.
I wish developers like Symantec were this responsive.
aaaaa hahaha

even then they would probably be like.. here download... this this this this... oh, this too

then post back what it says then you will have to do ... this this this and this and that may (may being the main word here) fix it
Quote from XCNuse :aaaaa hahaha

even then they would probably be like.. here download... this this this this... oh, this too

then post back what it says then you will have to do ... this this this and this and that may (may being the main word here) fix it

aaah - a fellow Symantec victim. Maybe we need to start a support group. We can get through this m8.
ya well.. my first peice of advice i've heard from someone else is go to start-control pannel-remove programs... and uninstall it; its fixed everything since then lol
Quote from XCNuse :ya well.. my first peice of advice i've heard from someone else is go to start-control pannel-remove programs... and uninstall it; its fixed everything since then lol

lol. I have been trying to persuade the Directors of my company to do that for about a year now!
Quote from Gentlefoot :aaah - a fellow Symantec victim. Maybe we need to start a support group. We can get through this m8.

why start a help group for symantec victims just refuse to use or buy their rubbish? and if the system came with Nortons security remove it and put something better on

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG