The online racing simulator
Better map movement
(16 posts, started )
Better map movement
Not sure if this has been suggested before, but hear me out on this one.

The map in LFS, can sit on the right or left side. With the driver on the left of the car, it obscures the rear-veiw mirror, and with the map on the left it obscures the chat, either way conflict.

My suggestion is to make it possible to move the map to the bottom corners, I mean, look at all the real estate available in the bottom right corner here

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1606/mapbo.jpg
Horrible idea!
They will flog you for sure.
Who uses map anyway? Just press 4 and drive by the line.
I use the map constantly when racing on multiclass servers to get information about traffic, accidents, etc. that is otherwise out of sight. Very useful indeed.
The windshield and mirrors don't give you that information.

+1 to removing the map feature altogether.
Also, i dont remember having a map on the "screen" when im driving a car in real life. Race drivers do not have that either afaik. Instead, they have voice guidance.
Quote from tommer :Care to explain?

Was joking.
And no do not remove that feature please.
We need as many as we can get.
Quote from CheerioDM :Was joking.
And no do not remove that feature please.
We need as many as we can get.

Being specific, we need to keep the game realistic and as a simulator.
Quote from BaDumTssh :Also, i dont remember having a map on the "screen" when im driving a car in real life. Race drivers do not have that either afaik. Instead, they have voice guidance.

Quote from BaDumTssh :Being specific, we need to keep the game realistic and as a simulator.

Neither have racers visible exact tyre temperatures and suspension damage,so you wan't them removed too? And all the split data and gaps between racers removed and put some low quality voice? And 10 minutes wait time before race to buckle up in seats,while crew prepares car? Or half an hour wait time if you decide to drastically change your cars setup? How far you want to go for simulation?

Anyway,on topic - on wider screens there isn't such problem. If it troubles you - run LFS in window and reduce height of it,will solve!
Quote from tommer :Not sure if this has been suggested before, but hear me out on this one.

The map in LFS, can sit on the right or left side. With the driver on the left of the car, it obscures the rear-veiw mirror, and with the map on the left it obscures the chat, either way conflict.

If you drive on the correct side of the car the above problem should not arise
Quote from JO53PHS :If you drive on the correct side of the car the above problem should not arise

There is no correct side
I meant the correct side for his country
Quote from JO53PHS :I meant the correct side for his country

The correct side during the race wars?
The correct side after the Napoleonic wars, it's all his fault some folks drive on the wrong side of the road :P
#16 - ToJo
Quote from tommer :Not sure if this has been suggested before, but hear me out on this one.

My suggestion is to make it possible to move the map to the bottom corners, I mean, look at all the real estate available in the bottom right corner here

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1606/mapbo.jpg

Why don't you just move the mirror? It's not fixed in one position.

Better map movement
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG