The online racing simulator
Is S3 the last update?
(86 posts, started )
"After the physics update and the VW Scirocco are released as a free update for all S1 and S2 license holders, we will work towards the S3 update which will provide more tracks and cars to S3 license holders. As usual for an upgrade, the cost of your existing license will be deducted from the full price." Per Scawen.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=77572
"We wish you a happy 2012, and we'll release the updates as soon as we can!":smileyrai
Quote from CheerioDM :"We wish you a happy 2012, and we'll release the updates as soon as we can!":smileyrai

What's so funny?
Soon™
Early©
Soon©

Both officially copyrighted by LFS Devs.
You bunch of cryers: You obviously never had experience with a real pile of "this is going to be the best thing -ever-", and seeing the "progress" reports from westracing's "Racing Legends"

...hahaha...

you guys cry vaporware at the drop of a hat, I don't think you've an idea what it really is...
I thought Racing Legends WAS going to be the best thing ever; even some of the screens they had on the site looked pretty amazing, even by today's standards.

Anyway, "bunch of criers" I agree with, but there's no denying that things are pretty slow over here. I mean seriously, in 2006/7 I thought that in 2012 we'd have a pretty revolutionary product in LFS, based on Scawen's talent and the things we used to talk about on this forum. Clearly that is not the case, so I think your response is a bit melodramatic at this point. Albeit I do find it funny when people who joined in the last 6 months "complain"
I bet by the time S3 comes out, LFS will probably be competing with Playstation 5 and still won't be up to LFS version 1.0 till much later.
Quote from Voided :You bunch of cryers: You obviously never had experience with a real pile of "this is going to be the best thing -ever-", and seeing the "progress" reports from westracing's "Racing Legends"

...hahaha...

you guys cry vaporware at the drop of a hat, I don't think you've an idea what it really is...

I was also waiting for Racing Legends, so I know what you're talking about. This bitter disappointment afterwards was very bad.

And it's not that I'm crying about LFS's development rate, it's just that I'm disappoint.

We where promised December 2008, Early 2009, Later 2009, This year 2010, Soon.. 2011, and now?

And when promised things so many times, and never gotten what you was promised, than I can expect folks to get mad.
They never promised anything.

Don't get me wrong, I think the physics have taken too much time (and the community spirit has suffered as a consequence of that) but there was never a promise to release anything at X date.

Is S3 the last update?
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG