The online racing simulator
.mpr/Replay Viewer
(8 posts, started )
.mpr/Replay Viewer
Hello,

I've had a brief search prior to posting but couldn't find anything on the subject, so aplogies if this has been covered or if I have missed anything.

Basically, as the title suggest...

..an application dedicated to viewing .mpr's, without the other unrelated game features. Ideal for viewing replays on PCs/laptops without having the need to install the full LFS application.

Josh.
Download and install of LFS goes quickly and it doesn't take up much space.
So why not download the game and install it?

Think you don't even have to unlock it to watch replays with S1/S2 content.
Such a viewer would have to contain all textures, tracks, car models, sounds, basically everything that makes LFS "big". Only the EXE could be stripped of some of the networking and user input handling stuff, but I fail to see the benefit of that...
Quote from xfirestorm :Think you don't even have to unlock it to watch replays with S1/S2 content.

I'm not sure,but I believe that's not true. I think I tried to watch S2 hotlap when I was still demo couple years ago,I couldn't...

Edit: Locked my LFS to demo,and really - couldn't open S2 mpr!
Quote from MadCatX :Such a viewer would have to contain all textures, tracks, car models, sounds, basically everything that makes LFS "big". Only the EXE could be stripped of some of the networking and user input handling stuff, but I fail to see the benefit of that...

Ah right, I wasn't quite sure how much could be stripped and how much bulk could be removed.

Thanks for the reply.

Josh.
Quote from Eclipsed :I'm not sure,but I believe that's not true. I think I tried to watch S2 hotlap when I was still demo couple years ago,I couldn't...

Edit: Locked my LFS to demo,and really - couldn't open S2 mpr!

Sorry for the missleading information then. And thanks for trying.
Convert
Edit: Nvm i guess you found your way
My idea was kinda similar

Actualy you can't see old s2 replays ( For the physics updates )( Unless you have 2392039209 LFS with each physics updates ) so my idea was have a replay viewer that only allow to watch replays AND the hability to "switch" within physics engine, so if you wanna se a s2 replay from 2005 the program automaticaly switch the "physics engine" to the one used in 2005 and then allow you to watch that replay

.mpr/Replay Viewer
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG