The online racing simulator
David Blaine
(36 posts, started )
David Blaine
Anybody watched him few minutes ago? Wow, it was unbelievable. He stayed for 7.15 minutes underwater without breath but couldnt beat the world record of 8.58. At 7 min. he started shaking and grabing desperatly for air. But still, he is awesome. At the end when they took him out of the sphere he was able to walk by himself!!! Just in case if somebody doesnt know who he is http://www.davidblaine.com/launch.html
I've seen him on TV and I think he is an absolute PHONY!!! Anyone who claims he can levitate, then put the camera on his feet only to see them raise up off the ground without showing what he's holding onto is a fake. If I put a camera only on my feet, I can make it look like I can levitate as well illepall .

At least the real illusionists are actually trying to make it appear to happen, like David Copperfield.
thats still amazing. I am in decent shape (though i do have asthma) and i can hold my breath for about 3 minutes.... 7 minutes is amazing. and the record time is damn near unbelievable lol... He must be in awsome shape.
#4 - JJ72
Quote from mrodgers :I've seen him on TV and I think he is an absolute PHONY!!! Anyone who claims he can levitate, then put the camera on his feet only to see them raise up off the ground without showing what he's holding onto is a fake. If I put a camera only on my feet, I can make it look like I can levitate as well illepall .

At least the real illusionists are actually trying to make it appear to happen, like David Copperfield.

http://video.google.com/videop ... 009093&q=David+Blaine

yeah... his magic tricks are just annoying because you can tell they are hiding stuff from the camera work...
the funniest bit was the fact he did it in the US this time and not the UK.........
I wonder why?
#8 - JJ72
Quote from mrfell :the funniest bit was the fact he did it in the US this time and not the UK.........
I wonder why?

because last time UKers throw eggs at him?
Quote from JJ72 :because last time UKers throw eggs at him?

mmmmmmmm i'm not sure his type of 'work' (?) is appreciated much in the UK. He's got his head too far up his own backside.

Still he's got the attention he so obviously craves.
Quote from mrfell :the funniest bit was the fact he did it in the US this time and not the UK.........
I wonder why?

Quote from JJ72 :because last time UKers throw eggs at him?

and suspended a cheeseburger from a remote control helicopter, and hovered next to his cage, LOL
Quote from P1lot :and suspended a cheeseburger from a remote control helicopter, and hovered next to his cage, LOL

what a warped sense of humour some of us Brits have
hes an ellusionist and if he could use camera work he will, and he has, but he is still a great magician, besides the camera work, he has done tons of street magic and he is brilliant and smooth at them, thats what makes him so good that he is able to build such a reaction from the crowds, its not jsut camera work he uses, ive seen him in NYC doing magic for other people, and ive also seen him in the sphere and when he froze himself.
the guy is crazy and i think we should all respect him for that
though mostly its probaly just for publicity.
but thats still nuts.
I wonder why?

he lives here (brooklyn, nyc represent baby!)
and hes done a few stunts in ny, usa already
Quote from P1lot :and suspended a cheeseburger from a remote control helicopter, and hovered next to his cage, LOL

Brilliant! I take it this was on his 40 day (I think?) starving himself one?
that david chesterfield movie is from 'chris en co' its a belgian tv show. i'm surprised that got posted by some1 from the usa.
I guess the quote in my sig fits perfectly here
Everything's possible with the internet
#19 - Jakg
Quote from Gabkicks :thats still amazing. I am in decent shape (though i do have asthma) and i can hold my breath for about 3 minutes.... 7 minutes is amazing. and the record time is damn near unbelievable lol... He must be in awsome shape.

without being offensive, im afraid he is an illusionist, he says it himself, he is just a big fake (remember the box? well they covered it while they cleaned it, hmmmmm, a tad dodgy!) secondly, im more impressed by pearl divers, who hold their breath for 6-8 mins routinely as they dive for pearls
#20 - Jakg
Quote from snellejowan :that david chesterfield movie is from 'chris en co' its a belgian tv show. i'm surprised that got posted by some1 from the usa.

he's great!
That was the best laugh I've had in a while!
Quote from Jakg :without being offensive, im afraid he is an illusionist, he says it himself, he is just a big fake (remember the box? well they covered it while they cleaned it, hmmmmm, a tad dodgy!) secondly, im more impressed by pearl divers, who hold their breath for 6-8 mins routinely as they dive for pearls

Big fake? Go ahead, lay in a buth tub for seven days without coming out and then stay 7 minutes without breath. I want to see you doing it. My brother is a big big big freediving fan. Hes practicing all the time and doing those excersises but still his record is 5 minutes. I dont get how you can say David Blaine is a big fake. If you guys think that everything he does is fake than why dont you do it yourself?

BTW: My brother has a picture with Martin Stepanek. (The dude with long blond hair that was taking out David from sphere. He is one of the greatest free divers in the world.)
i have to say he's good...but did any1 notice the ground below his feet tint slightly blue when he hovered?
#25 - Jakg
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :Big fake? Go ahead, lay in a buth tub for seven days without coming out and then stay 7 minutes without breath. I want to see you doing it. My brother is a big big big freediving fan. Hes practicing all the time and doing those excersises but still his record is 5 minutes. I dont get how you can say David Blaine is a big fake. If you guys think that everything he does is fake than why dont you do it yourself?

BTW: My brother has a picture with Martin Stepanek. (The dude with long blond hair that was taking out David from sphere. He is one of the greatest free divers in the world.)

if it was real would call himself an illusionest?

David Blaine
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG