The online racing simulator
Fuel consumption, H-shifter
(7 posts, started )
Hello,

I found out some things that would be good to have them implemented in future.

Fuel consumption improvements:

-A car needs to consume some normal amount of fuel in idle currently its just not representative of a real car so the formula is disorded at these RPM
-While engine is starting there needs to be some big peak of fuel consumption
-A car is currently consuming fuel even if engine is off, applying throttle and your engine RPM is above idle RPM.

This would be great not just for racing but also for some other kind of races. Fuel save races.

H-shifter

-There should be some damage to gearbox and a sound if you are shifting without clutch and input shaft RPM / gear ratio != output shaft RPM
#2 - Sobis
Quote from L@gger :

1.A car needs to consume some normal amount of fuel in idle currently its just not representative of a real car so the formula is disorded at these RPM
2.While engine is starting there needs to be some big peak of fuel consumption
3.A car is currently consuming fuel even if engine is off, applying throttle and your engine RPM is above idle RPM.

This would be great not just for racing but also for some other kind of races. Fuel save races.

1 - proof in photos.

2 - LFS simulates that big peak.
E: everything I said above is partly trouth. If you put more than 12%, LFS actually doesn't simulate idle consumption, only if you put 12% or less, it does. Strange...
Attached images
lfs_00000010.jpg
lfs_00000012.jpg
Quote from Sobis :Man, stop talking nonesence, LFS simulates these things...

1 - proof in photos.

try something like 50% fuel in tank
click me

Quote from Sobis :
2 - LFS simulates that big peak. (currently uploading to youtube. It will take a long time I think...)

correct, but should be much higher IMO

Quote from Sobis :
3 - it does not use any fuel if the engine is off mate... (currently uploading to youtube. It will take a long time I think...)

not correct
click me
#4 - Sobis
Quote from Sobis :E: everything I said above is partly trouth. If you put more than 12%, LFS actually doesn't simulate idle consumption, only if you put 12% or less, it does. Strange...

This.
Quote from L@gger :Hello,

I found out some things that would be good to have them implemented in future.

-A car needs to consume some normal amount of fuel in idle currently its just not representative of a real car so the formula is disorded at these RPM
-While engine is starting there needs to be some big peak of fuel consumption
-A car is currently consuming fuel even if engine is off, applying throttle and your engine RPM is above idle RPM.

H-shifter

-There should be some damage to gearbox and a sound if you are shifting without clutch and input shaft RPM / gear ratio != output shaft RPM

theirs an easy way to save fuel, press PS button on you're DFGt like me and kill the engine, press it again when you need it to work
Quote from Sobis :Man, stop talking nonesence, LFS simulates these things...

1 - proof in photos.

2 - LFS simulates that big peak.
E: everything I said above is partly trouth. If you put more than 12%, LFS actually doesn't simulate idle consumption, only if you put 12% or less, it does. Strange...

Next time dont just insult others but think about it. Because what I said after some search still looks like true.
#7 - Sobis
Quote from L@gger :Next time dont just insult others but think about it. Because what I said after some search still looks like true.

I apologise if I've insulted you . After I've done some research myself, the things you said are trouth with some exceptions, except for the 3rd statement, which is right without any exceptions.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG