The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :Oval racing gave him problems when it came to cars around him. Not because he was unaware, but because of the aerodynamic changes a car around him would give him. It would end up with him sliding all over the track and going backwards. He obviously could have adjusted to the change and been good at it (hopefully better than Montoya) but he simply went back to what he knows he is good at. Nothing wrong with that.

Exactly. Oval racing is alot of aerodynamic work and for a road racer that is something that needs to be learned. It might take a year or so to get good at it, but it's something that turns away alot of racers at first I beleive. Montoya could go back, he's to agressive (odd as that is to say considering NASCAR has the loosest racing rules of any big time officiating body).
I never watched any of his races, I just knew he was quick enough in qualifying after his first few runs. The pace was there, everything else that he lacked, could be learnt.
http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-161745.html

Second off pole and his team mate, but having to adjust to an oversteery car doesn't seem to be his style. In the race they tightened him up quite a bit and thats why he ended up with a (I believe) 15th place finish.

Anyways, can go back to the F1 talk.
Quote from JPeace :No, it requires a different skill set, not more skill.

Re-read. In a big MENTAL way.
Don't encourage an argument with him please.
#31 - Emyn
Interviewer: The most exciting moment during the race weekend?
Kimi: I think so it’s the race start, always.
Interviewer: The most boring?
Kimi: Now.

Epic
Quote from JPeace :Re-read. You still say WRC requires more skill, although mentally, you say it requires more skill. It doesn't in my opinion.

In an F1 car or Oval, you have the same sequence of corners over and over again. Once you've learnt the track you just need to focus on maintaining that level of concentration to maximise your speed through every section of the track.

In rally, you don't know what corner is coming next, you're listening to pacenotes 2 sometimes even 3 corners ahead of what's infront of you and you are STILL using your eyes to decipher what type of corner and how fast, or cautiously you should approach it. Whilst going 120mph. On gravel or other loose surfaces, so many variables means if you lapse concentration you end up close to being killed or seriously hurt.

A lapse in concentration in F1 means you'll lock a wheel or run wide.

Tell me in that how does F1 require more mental skill/stamina? Also in rally you have no idea of the relative positions of your rivals during a stage, so you just have to go flat out all the time. In F1 you are able to use alot of information to reduce your pace accordingly.

In F1 or any circuit racing, the skill is found in staying on that limit for as much as necessary, which comes with natural talent but road circuits don't change as much as a rally stage can, and even when road circuits DO change conditions, you have a benchmark to work from (IE, the previous lap).

Just because Rally drivers get paid less doesn't mean they aren't more skilled than F1 drivers.

The fact we are talking about Kimi Räikkönen, who arguably is one of the fastest modern F1 drivers EVER. Tried rally and couldn't break into the top 10 on many occasions, and crashed out on many others proves my point. He even said rally is too hard. What more proof do you want?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG