The online racing simulator
Saints Row The Third
(28 posts, started )
I forgot this was releasing this month. I loved the second one but I think they may have gone a little too over the top with this one. I'll probably still enjoy it, though; just don't have the time to play anything much right now. Maybe in a few months it'll come down in price and then I'll pick it up.
It's quite hilarious to spend a few hours on It's quite different from the 2nd, a lot more over the top. So that's your choice
it needs 64 bit windows , fffuuu .
or anyone can confirm that it works on Win 7 32bit ?
Works fine with 32bits OS. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't.
It's really fun, most of the missions are epic and the characters are really funny. My favourite side mission so far was having to drive with a live Tiger in my passenger seat, you have to drive fast to keep it calm and avoid crashing, but on occasion it mauls you forcing you to swerve. The customisation is great too, you can make some seriously wacky characters.

Here is my character and my favourite car...
Attached images
SR3 car char.jpg
I read some review somewhere .. and there were many people who cant play it on 32 bit .
I got it, is awesome, a lot of fun. Car control sucks big time, and performance is not that good (lags a bit), but otherwise is a geat game if you don't take it seriously.
I'm running 7 x64 so no idea about 32.
Quote from NitroNitrous :I got it, is awesome, a lot of fun. Car control sucks big time, and performance is not that good (lags a bit), but otherwise is a geat game if you don't take it seriously

I love the car control, it's very arcadey but not annoying, and it takes a bit of skill to drive really fast. I love the drift button, basically you just hold a button to power slide, soon as you let go you get your grip back, so you can really chuck the cars about.
I like it. It hasn't got the sparkly magic that Part 2 had, but it's still very, very good.
#10 - DeKo
Crashes constantly and it's not good enough for me to bother fixing it. Shame.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It's really fun, most of the missions are epic and the characters are really funny. My favourite side mission so far was having to drive with a live Tiger in my passenger seat, you have to drive fast to keep it calm and avoid crashing, but on occasion it mauls you forcing you to swerve.

I smell The Hangover inspiration
Going to pick it up today at gamestop for the 360. Alot of people been asking me how it plays and i'm curious myself.
-
(Speed Senna) DELETED by Speed Senna
digging out a old thread

as i just got this game im now looking for ppl who would like to play some coop.
have done the story, but only some side missions yet...but playing with others is always more fun

so whoever wants, add me up. steam id: boosted1981 (might be Boosted...not sure )
75% off on Steam FTW. Can anyone tell me why they call this truck the "Compensator"?

huge exhaust?

i also love the fact that u can tune almost everything...have a nice trashtruck in my garage...hehe.
even tho the nitro is more of a decoration since it barely gives any speed.
Tell me about coop. Does it include the whole story? I haven't played a single saints row game.
no idea...havent played coop and its the first saint row ive had.
It includes the whole story, but you only see your own character in the cut scenes. You should try and tune the Street Sweeper and some of the more boring cars, they tend to have the most extreme body modifications.
did the sweeper already...was like my 3rd car to tune
gonna have to try the smart rip-off...
tank cant be tuned tho...to bad
Frankly, I was disappointed with this game. The second one was much better imo. This one just felt incomplete to me. I can't quite put my finger on why, though.

The story also seemed very disjointed. Half of it was just excuses to get you to play the side missions. Nothing really had any kind of real introduction, either.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :75% off on Steam FTW.

the hell? it was 30% off for me. didn't buy it though, 20€ is a tad to much for me on this game
edit* shows 7.49 now
no-one here wants to do some coop?
really want to play it...coop is always fun.
Co-op is always fun, but it can get slightly buggy, but it's so easy to join games so it's not a major problem if you need to restart the game to fix it. I would play co-op with you, but I already have 2 people to play co-op with, and a 3rd person from work joining the que.

You can do matchmaking co-op with a random person, the game matches you up with people who are at a similar point in the story. Just be careful with the voice chat, its default setting is for it to be always on and it plays through your speakers.

Also I think SR3 is miles better than SR2, the previous Saints Row games were just copies of GTA with worse humour. SR3 has set itself apart by stepping up the level of crazy and making the characters constantly point out how crazy half of the stuff they are doing actually is. You might just need to get through the first set of missions, because those are literally just tutorials for the side missions, later on you get some sort of plot and the level of batshit crazy mental stuff you do goes through the roof.

EDIT: I always run out of money making cars early game, here are a few of my favourites...

...aaaaaand a new addition to the family, the Venga Bus

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Also I think SR3 is miles better than SR2, the previous Saints Row games were just copies of GTA with worse humour. SR3 has set itself apart by stepping up the level of crazy and making the characters constantly point out how crazy half of the stuff they are doing actually is. You might just need to get through the first set of missions, because those are literally just tutorials for the side missions, later on you get some sort of plot and the level of batshit crazy mental stuff you do goes through the roof.

I beat the game (alarmingly quickly, I might add) and you get those 'side-mission-tutorial-missions' throughout most of the story line. The story line itself is very, very short. The problem I have with it is the lack of cohesion. Not much is really explained. Also, in SR2, it seemed that the story line had more of an impact than in SR3. Killing a gang leader/prominent figure felt like a big deal, story-wise. In SR3 it's just another thing that you did. It doesn't seem to matter at all. As a story, it has absolutely no impact at all. The narrative was crap, if I'm honest.

There are things I enjoyed in it, but I still feel like SR2 was a better game overall. I will still get the next game in the series, for sure, as it'll always be good for a laugh.
anyone care to explain how i can play coop with strangers?
all i can do is to invite steam friends...which isnt a big help since i dont know anyone whos got sr3.

Saints Row The Third
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG