The online racing simulator
Looking for Best Tracks/ Servers for Learner
Greetings...

I am new to Live for Speed and I must say that it is great!! As a learner I have been doing a lot of the training and single car work. I am getting better, but oh my gosh I have a long way to go.

I have gotten out and tried to race on some of the race servers. It really adds to the fun and the development of skills to race in competition. But I have a problem and I need some help.

The servers I have found either have people intentionally crashing into others, are only available to drivers with a minimum of points or won't let me hang around for long because my skills are not high enough yet.

I am looking for a place to race where they don't allow crashers, but are tolerant of learners. Someplace where others are working hard to improve their skills and are okay racing with other inexperienced people. I don't mind getting caught up in someone elses accident because they do not yet have the skills as long as they can tolerate my learning to.

So, a lot of words to get to my question... Can someone recommend the race servers that might fit my needs at this time? Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Joe
#2 - Emyn
I think that cargame.s2 server would be good for you. There is a lot of beginners and experienced drivers.
Fm oval junkies...
Quote from Emyn :I think that cargame.s2 server would be good for you.

Which unfortunetly he won't be able to drive due to min. requirements (i.e. 100 LFSEI, iirc). Thats not true anymore - sorry for the wrong info! (Thanks Ragesh!)

Edit:

Hi Joe, welcome to LFS S2 and the forums!

You might find out that online racing is quite unforgiving for new drivers, depending on the server that you are racing on. First of all make sure that you have a good grasp of the control and can basicially keep the car that you're driving on track. Then build up your pace. If you constantly change cars and tracks you might find it harder - so until you get the hang of things stick to one or two tracks and a few cars.

A while back the demo servers were a good place to start; i.e. you race the GTis or FBM at Blackwood GP - you'll learn the track and to race with other players. Nowadays demo is apparently is not as good, but nevertheless you should give it a try...

If you are completely new (judging by the Nov 2011 join date, you seemed to be), it might be wise to stay off the highly populated servers at first. You'll simply end up getting in other's way. Once you are at a "okay" driving level you can join in race...

Now as a place to start, I'd recommend some of the "demo racing" servers by Air Attack [AA] or Redline Racing. These are good in my experience. There are few others including !AMG, and MRc which might be worth trying out.

The cargame.nl S1 server should be ok IF you know the tracks and can keep the car on track. Although if you are completely new I'd suggest you try out the demo server and have a couple of hundred races before you try out anythere else. Cargame.nl servers are pretty much "the" server to be race roadcars/GTRs at the moment, so dont get banned in there by joining in too early (without much experience) and getting in other's way all the time.

You can try and round up a few guys and hop into one of the vast number of empty servers and have a few races. As always, a good setup helps so have a look in http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/ and http://www.setupgrid.net/ (setups should be saved in /LFS/data/setups).

Have fun, and hope to see ya on track soon!
Thanks for all the feedback. I will be careful to be considerate and stay within my limits.
Joe
Welcome Joe! Hope you have a nice time! The fun is just beginning to start, get ready for long time-unaware nights of fun

Quote from Silverracer :Which unfortunetly he won't be able to drive due to min. requirements (i.e. 100 LFSEI, iirc).

Hey actually he still can race in cargame.nl s2 with XFG/XRG and UFB (UFR+45% intake restriction, in case Joe does n't know). That is what the !infos at that server tell me. Of course you need to get atleast 65% safety rating at cargame.nl s1 etc before you can join s2.

But as Silverracer puts it, cargame.nl S2 being multiclass may be intimidating, so it is best to start in some server which has only class of cars at least for a month I would say. Apart from Silver's suggestions, come to my server [PfH] GTR, it is not much busy server, so you can practice etc, we are currently racing LX4 which may be too tough to handle, but we rotate TBO/GTR also. You can also try Dominant Monkey team servers. They have 4:
!DM®RACINGS2
!DM®RACINGS1
!DM®RACINGgt3
!DM®RACINGf1
#7 - Emyn
FM Fox JuNkies
Thanks Emyn and rageshgr. I have been able to get in a few races with guys that are tolerant. I am not as good as them yet, but I am working on it! Joe
Oh and if you want to run some leagues like now

I suggest to look about on Absolute Beginners league

there are all the beginners who have just started or have been 2-3 months already (experienced drivers are 2 years or more)

EDIT: link: http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=191

EDIT: no idea tho when will it be again but you can always ask (sorry I am enjoying some alcohol, so I am not the sharpest pen on case atm lol)
Welcome to the never-letting-go... World of Live for Speed S2!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG