The online racing simulator
Round 1 - Aston Grand Prix (AS5) - Drivers' Briefing & Race Discussion

Sponsored by cargame.nl

Hello drivers and managers,

Welcome to the first round of the inaugural Super GT Series!

We have a number of things to discuss before the racing gets underway, so have a look at the categories below:

1. Rule changes

Yes, rule changes before the season has even begun! We have made a change to the SC procedure. Please review the following rules so you know what to do when a SC period happens:

Quote :2) When the SC is deployed, the track is under a full-course yellow condition and the field is frozen. Drivers are to cease racing for position and fall in line. Drivers may maintain full race pace until they reach the pit entry for the first time under SC conditions. After passing pit entry, drivers should begin to gradually slow to meet the SC queue.
2.1) Overtaking under a full-course yellow will result in a DT/C1 penalty, unless the overtaking driver promptly relinquishes the position. This includes re-taking position after spinning, and passing any other car after exiting the pits.
2.2) When the SC exits the pits, it will pick up the leading GT500 car. If the leader inadvertently passes the SC after it has exited the pits, the driver must slow carefully and allow the SC to re-pass.
2.3) Any GT300 cars between the GT500 leader and the GT300 leader will be waved around around the SC and continue around the track to rejoin the rear of the queue.
2.4) After the “one to go” message has been displayed, GT300 cars must pull to the right and allow all GT500 cars to pass.

2. Start Procedure

For those new to multiclass racing, this is how the start will work:

Quote :1) Race starts will be in double file, behind a safety car driven at roughly 100-160kph (60-100mph).
1.1) At each track, the admins will specify a point on the track at which drivers should assume a double-file formation. Drivers should remain in single file until this point. Once assumed, the double-file formation must be maintained until the “green flag” message is displayed. The polesitter should not accelerate beyond the SC speed until this message is displayed.
1.2) The polesitter for the GT300 field should wait on the grid until instructed to roll off by the admins, and then maintain that gap for the duration of the SC lap.
1.3) Each class will receive a separate, color-coded “green flag” message.

4) Drivers may not overtake on starts before the “green flag” message is displayed.

Restarts are in single file, and drivers may not overtake before the start/finish line.

3. Weather

Per rule B4, a random number draw is used to determine whether low wind will be used. If the number drawn is odd, wind is used; if even, wind is not used.

The number drawn for this round was 1. Low wind will be in effect for qualifying and the race.

4. Pit Window

The pit window for this round will be from (in-game) lap 13 to 24. Any pitstops/driver changes made outside this window will not count toward your mandatory driver change stop.

5. Penalties

In the Super GT Series, all protests are ruled upon after the event. Post-race penalties may be given in the form of time penalties, points penalties, or grid position penalties. Post-race time penalties will be as follows:

DT: 13s
SG: 25s

6. Qualifying Servers

We will use two qualifying servers, one for GT500 and one for GT300:

Super GT Series = GT500
NDR.GT2 World Series 2011 = GT300
-
(rageshgr) DELETED by rageshgr
Hi, could anyone send me the pass please?
#3 - Fuse5
good luck everyone
have fun crashing two-wide before the green flag in the last chicane
teehee
Stream link?
#6 - Bean0
#7 - Nicce
great start of the league guys.. had alot of fun.!

GenR great fight.

(correct thread i hope :tilt
Thanks for the race guys!
Great first round guys. We renamed this thread and will just use it as Race Discussion as well.
Great race!

I had some weird video card lag throughout my stint, screen was freezing for 1 - 2 seconds in the same part of the track, so I had nothing to do but stamp my brakes through the floor and hope I'm not in a gravel or wrong route already.
We tried to figure that out on stream!
#12 - chaa
Due to Johannes' great performance and some luck at start I didn't had to push, so I just did what I had to do :P
Good Race guys.
Nevertheless a big sorry from myself about this unnecessary move by me on lap 3-4 at hairpin, especially to Vortex. I missed the breaking point because I had draft of the GenR Car (Ivanov). Unfortunately there was a smash-up by few other cars. Sorry for that!
Well, what can I say... Awesome race for us and we can't ask for more atm. Many of the GT5s showed great respect while lapping. Also I should say that Maik(CoRe) drove really fair and cleanly. We had great fight with SAVAGE Simsports, thank you for that mates. The start was quite messy, I did incredible start, which helped us to keep the top 3 easily. Sad for TEM, especially Andris who had timed out twice. I can't talk much bout our GT500 car, since I didn't raced there. Definitely great start of the season, many competitive teams! See ya at Blackwood fellas
Quote from Nicce :great start of the league guys.. had alot of fun.!

GenR great fight.

(correct thread i hope :tilt

Well done!

GraVt had some unluck in our first stint...and bad traffic with a few misstakes that costs time. But still we'd 9th place and our goal was 10th when it was time for pitstop. Everything went good untill the driver swap there something went wrong and we'd to do another pitstop for driver swap. Unfortunately I couldn't keep the 10th place and we dropped down to 11th...

Still a great event and we looking forward to the next track Blackwood Rev in two weeks
Laying in bed right now but it's hard to get this race out of my head so I decided to write a lil report about the GenR GT500 XRR :P.

The qualifying was a bit dissapointing but we kinda knew that we wouldn't be up there since our tires weren't optimal at all after the outlap. Dom did everything he could and did a great job none the less .

Start of the race was tough with ofcourse the waved off first start and than the crash of my3id in which we were kind of hit pretty hard so we took somme damage. After a couple of laps it got clear that our car wasn't behaving as we wanted with these windy conditions. we had troubles with over- and understeer in the 2nd sector which couldn't be fixed by changing the arbs since it either made the under or oversteer worse so we decided to stick with the original settings but that made us lose quite some time there. Dom did a great job staying close on spdo's tail which gave us the ability to jump them during the stops. We got back 4th which was a great surprise !

I suffered from the same problems Dom had in sc2 and really didn't feel comfortable there. I was +- 10kph slower trough the corners there than I had been trough my practice. I either missed the apex or just plain oversteered which forced me to go off the trottle. Never got really used to it trough my stint. Than I got into a battle with LRT and sadly lost it because of a locking rear diff, which cought me off guard really. Tried to push to stay behind them and maybe go for a shot in the last sector but a chance never came.

These problems caused us to be off the pace significantly. Where as we'd been doing low 40's and 39's in practice we were in the low 41's and high to mid 40's but never the less we had great fun!

All with all a 5th place is a good way to start the season, specially in the less popular car, but we're ready to take that gamble ! Aswell as for the GenR GT300 FZR who scored a great 2nd place in their class in the last race for Klaidas in a long time!

I want to thank the organizers for this great format. I like it very much and it has made me that much more motivated to work on the sets and practice !

Cya all in Blackwood Reversed! And watch out for the squirl/dolphin/elephant sound under downshift making GenR car in the GT500 we will be there! Hahaha :P!
Well it was a great experience. although we finished last. It was dramatic from the start. The balancing was changed and then we pre-qualified at #15 in GT3 by beating the 16th team by 0.01!. Good work by Cem (turkishcan).

We qualified at 15th today. But Cem drove well in the race and made early in roads, at a point he was 22 ( 7-8th in gt3). In fact commentators praised Cem for good driving when he was lapped by two fighting GT500 cars on either side and compared this to Mika overtaking Michael as they were lapping a car . Then towards the end of his stint I saw him drop back to 26th. Probably due to lapping cars or some contact. At 18th lap I took over. I have only 2 months league experience, but I had never been this nervous in other leagues. Two reasons, 1. This is such a noted event and its GT class. 2. It was the first experience of takeover, so it was difficult to suddenly blend in where Cem had left off.

My fingers were cold when I took-over and I was very nervous. But it was safe for me because, by the time I took-over in pits, I was 27th, there was no one in front to catch or no one chasing me behind. I just had to make sure I finished the race without crashing out. But, the very first lap I drove, I ran out on the gravel pit at the GP zigzag section, tyres were cold, but thanks to FXR's AWD, I got back on track. I drove carefully post that. Mainly due to nervousness and also not using my pre-quali set, I found myself 4 seconds slower than my usual pace. The fact that every lap, one or two GT500 cars come behind me to lap me that too at the tricky S bends of the GP section, did not help my time either. But hung in there. I saw that my tires were red hot after 3 laps, so I changed my driving approach in the S bends, and in another 1 lap, tires were almost back to optimum temp. But I crashed after 7 laps, hitting a wall before the T2 hairpin, trying to make way for blue flag, I limped to the pits, repaired my damage and finished the remaining 5-6 laps Hoping for better results next round.
This was my first ever multiclass event I participated,but luckily I was on the easy side in terms of classes - no need to look back for lapping cars since we were driving in the fast class. Before race I thought it will take more effort to overtake GT300 cars,but that sheer 200 hp difference actually made it easy,so only one mistake while overtaking for me (exiting last turn after 1st split pushed myself into grass).

Invecs made a good run despite starting 14th and gave the car to me in 8th place,had no chance to hold up Kiste,but I controlled my pace good enough to finish 9th despite 2 cars closing up from behind,so good finish for us and was fun to drive the faster car!

Just little worried about next race since it's on my 2nd least favourite track after FE2[R]...
What a first race for spdo
Great job from Martin in first stint, we had easy 2nd with around 5 secs behind Isaac but then we had problems in pits. Just before i took over the car, gears went nuts and i got the car in 6th gear.. Shitstorm continues - wheel lost calibration, and in all that mess with shifting down i had to stop to recalibrate but managed to stay on pit spot with rear end of the car and earned another pit work losing huge amount of time.
Race was lost but now i had to do damage control and just tried to focus on making some pace out of over 80% fuel tank in windy conditions and somehow managed to keep 4th place with little help from Darko
I've heard our GT500 car also had calibration problems
Anyway gratz to everyone who participated especially to podiums in both classes (Nicce ) and c u on Blackwood
Quote from Eclipsed :

Just little worried about next race since it's on my 2nd least favourite track after FE2[R]...

Hey next race is BL1R
Well, it is my least fav track too
Quote from rageshgr :Well, it is my least fav track too

0:20.4000:50.940h
1:15.060WR-diff +0:08.24018 laps
You almost haven't laps on it, how you can say that it's ur least favourite track The harder things makes you better driver, remeber that.
Well, you have a point, just realised and surprised to know I have done only 53 laps in this track in all the 4 cars put together. Thanks. I take your comment positively, and it is almost the same track for NWL this weekend, hopefully this will be a track I love by this month end
So you got it in the right way. Basically I wanted to say that the track, which annoyed you at the start of your practice, it's getting one of the ur favs after enough practice. That works for me Btw Ben, can you post the wind conditions at least 2 days before the race, please.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG