The online racing simulator
What country is this ?
(73 posts, started )
Sorry for the delay but here's that info:

On September 30, 2011 a drone strike in Yemen killed American citizens Anwar al-Awlaki and Samir Khan. Both individuals resided in Yemen at the time of their deaths. The executive order approving al-Awlaki's death was issued by the Obama administration in 2010 and challenged by the American Civil Liberties Union and the Center for Constitutional Rights in that year. The U.S. President issued an order, approved by the National Security Council that al-Awlaki's normal legal rights as a citizen should be suspended and his death should be imposed, as he was a threat to the United States. Al-Awlaki has been linked[by whom?] to the 2009 Fort Hood Massacre and with the 2009 Christmas Day bomb plot, the attempted destruction of a Detroit-bound passenger-plane.[53]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrajudicial_killing

Also see the following,
http://www.extrajudicialexecutions.org/

Not that killing noncitizens is kosher, but killing an American isn’t. Still, rules are rules, and American citizens are supposed to have legal and civil rights that protect them from political or prosecutorial assassinations, even if they’re bad guys. Apparently, no longer. Still, Awlaki’s killing comes as no surprise, since the Obama administration long ago deemed him kill-worthy. As the Wall Street Journal points out, the CIA tried to kill Awlaki recently: “The U.S. narrowly missed Mr. Awlaki in a failed assassination attempt back in May. U.S. drones fired on a vehicle in the southern Yemen province of Shebwa that the cleric had been driving in earlier the same day.”
http://www.infowars.com/extraj ... -kill-anyone-he-wants-to/

The Guardian piece, which was written by Nick Davies, says that,
    Both the Guardian account and the Der Spiegel account note that U.S. military commanders have gone to great lengths to conceal he existence of TF-373, which it describes as,
    The unit of elite soldiers, which includes members of the Navy Seals and the Delta Force, get their orders directly from the Pentagon in Washington and operate outside of the chain of command of NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF).
    The Spiegel story notes that,
      The Spiegel story also gives the distinct impression that the activities of the JPEL-related teams have been stepped up in recent months. So much for Pres. Obama having brought a new respect for the rule of law into the conduct of U.S. government activities overseas.
      http://justworldnews.org/archives/004075.html

Of course there is also a slightly interesting angle to the story,

The American-born cleric is perhaps the most complex of these characters.

Every indication points to Awlaki being a double agent working for US intelligence. He has been involved in almost every terror plot over the last couple of years, from directing the underwear bomber, who was allowed to board the plane by order of the US State Department aided by a well-dressed man who got Abdulmutallab on the airliner despite the fact that he was on a terror watchlist and had no passport, to advising Fort Hood shooter Major Nidal Malik Hasan. Authorities have engaged in a cover-up of what happened at Fort Hood after they ordered Private Lance Aviles to delete cell phone footage of the attack.

Awlaki’s alleged role in the Toronto and Fort Dix, New Jersey, terror plots, also raises questions, given that both were later revealed as contrived by the FBI.

Lawyers in a case relating to the much vaunted 2007 terror plot to attack Fort Dix and kill “as many soldiers as possible” concluded that FBI informants were the key figures behind the operation and that the accused, six foreign-born Muslims, were merely bungling patsies.

Similarly, the “Toronto 18″ terrorists turned out to be “a bunch of incompetent guys who were primarily misled by a delusional megalomaniac”. The explosive fertilizer material the terrorist cell apparently planned to use was in fact purchased by an informant working for the RCMP who had radicalized the group.

Awlaki was also the spiritual leader of the alleged 9/11 hijackers, a fact that didn’t seem to concern Pentagon top brass who invited him to dine with them just months after the September 11 attacks despite the fact that he had personally colluded with the very hijackers who were alleged to have slammed Flight 77 into the Pentagon.
      http://www.prisonplanet.com/no ... -leader-killed-again.html
      oh well shit no one misses Awlaki except maybe the hundreds or thousands of radicalized young Muslims who followed his blog, listened to his sermons about Jihad, and were aided by him in planning terror attacks. He committed acts of war against the US and other countries. I know you feel very safe way down there, but people in the US or even the UK who know that they could live next to a Muslim radicalized by Awlaki's message of hate should be glad that he was assassinated. I am.

All these top officials you don't want targeted for capture or kill operations (which I'm pretty sure has been the MO of war since time immemorial, to either capture or kill the leadership of the enemy forces)...I think its strange how sensitive you are to the alleged transgressions of powerful nations against Al Qaeda and the Taliban but you are blind the the fact that if the Taliban had the power of the US, they would kill everyone who wasn't Muslim or wouldn't follow Sharia law, including you, despite how equitably you would treat them before they murdered you.

You're missing proof on your most unbelievable points including it was 'revealed' that the FBI was behind the Fort Dix plot and the Toronto 18 (Toronto is not in the United States). But now that I'm re-reading it it's obvious you just copied and pasted this stuff from various sources you didn't include so I'm not going to try to disprove you.
      There's an odd concept called 'legal precedent', if it's fine to kill one US citizen then it's game on for anyone.

Sorry for providing fact's, and I fully accept that the US feels that murdering any non US citizen is perfectly acceptable, you do it all the time !

The point I was trying to make was that it's now apparently fine to kill even US citizens.

Anyway, he was clearly employed by your govt to do some of it's dirty work, so one less US terrorist is fine for most of us

Anyway, Al Queda are now clearly a US agency so whatever in-fighting your agencies want to do is fine, just keep it in the US please.
      Awlaki was not a housewife in Minnesota. When he died he was an Al-Qaeda leader in Yemen, nothing more. He gave up his rights as a US citizen when he declared war on the US. I suppose you think the American Civil war happened when 100-300,000 southern US citizens were murdered after clearly being radicalized by undercover CIA operatives.

You're mistaking the world "clearly" with "I read on a blog somewhere"
      Clearly the holocaust never happened
      Clearly Pearl Harbor was an inside job
      See how easy it is? I bet I could find 'proof' for both those statements on the internet within ten minutes.
      I thought the evidence suggested he was a US asset, at least that's what the facts strongly suggest. Even I'd have problems suggesting he was a minissota housewife !

Do try to be aware of how the US is behaving currently, you may be a US citizen but I'd like to believe that even a US citizen is capable of understanding the facts of life. But understanding is up to each of us individually, it's up to you basically

I tell everyone not to believe anything I say, do your own research, check the facts, come to your own conclusions. If you choose to blindly believe your media, who have their own agenda, great, your choice. Just don't bother expecting others, particularly in other countries, to buy into the US vision.

And don't be upset when other people provide evidence to show that the US vision is generally based on lies and falsehoods.
      Quote from flymike91 :I know you feel very safe way down there, but people in the US or even the UK who know that they could live next to a Muslim...

The propaganda machine really is in full swing up there. There is no rational reason to feel unsafe and at risk of a terror attack while living in the US or UK. Unless of course you are even more fearful of the thought of driving over to McDondald's to pick up lunch.
      Only if you eat their 'food' Lol !!!!

Anyway, all terror attacks in the US have either FBI or CIA operatives running them, the truth is that there is no US terror threat that isn't created by the US. But as its never stated until well after the event, check the facts, the 'people' just repeat whatever they see on tv between x factor and whatever other crap they watch on tv.

It really is sad to hear this paranoia being parroted, hate, hate, hate, their all out to take our 'freedom'.

Shame that the US people, who had the best constitution on earth, are happy to give it all away because they believe a collection of lies.

But I guess that's their choice, I strongly suggest that the rest of us learn from this sad example and don't make the same mistake.
      Quote from Racer X NZ :Only if you eat their 'food' Lol !!!!

Anyway, all terror attacks in the US have either FBI or CIA operatives running them, the truth is that there is no US terror threat that isn't created by the US. But as its never stated until well after the event, check the facts, the 'people' just repeat whatever they see on tv between x factor and whatever other crap they watch on tv.

It really is sad to hear this paranoia being parroted, hate, hate, hate, their all out to take our 'freedom'.

Shame that the US people, who had the best constitution on earth, are happy to give it all away because they believe a collection of lies.

But I guess that's their choice, I strongly suggest that the rest of us learn from this sad example and don't make the same mistake.

Hum, I've said something like this before while referencing George Orwell's 1984. I agree entirely other than the terror attacks comming from the US. I can't find any reason to beleive that other than our imperialism causing other people to rise against us.

Edit: Wow, my 1,000th post. I need another hobby.
      Quote :Anyway, all terror attacks in the US have either FBI or CIA operatives running them

Your honor, I rest my case.
      Lets have a look at the 'war on terrortm' I'll keep it to public domain information and try to keep away from 'looney theories', ok ?

Mother Jones and Berkley university did some analysis of terrorist acts in the US post 911, their findings were;
      "With three exceptions, all of the high-profile domestic terror plots of the last decade were actually FBI stings. (The exceptions are Najibullah Zazi, who came close to bombing [26] the New York City subway system in September 2009; Hesham Mohamed Hadayet [27], an Egyptian who opened fire on the El-Al ticket counter at the Los Angeles airport; and failed Times Square bomber
      Faisal Shahzad [28].)"
      http://www.veteranstoday.com/2 ... iled-in-the-us-since-911/

Now lets take a look at the CIA, or rather the "Cocaine Importing Agency"
      While it may not make mainstream media a 10 sec google will bring up a wealth of information, start with Air America during vietnam, check Nugan Hand bank, Noriega, up to the present when they were busted by the Mexicans. 5.5 tons of coke anyone ?
      http://www.madcowprod.com/10092007.html
      http://www.albionmonitor.com/9612a/ciacontra.html

This next one is a beauty, what do you think the best way to stop Mexican drug cartels is ?

According to the US, Give them guns, lots of guns. Big guns.
      In fact 2500 at least including .50 cal.

So, who exactly are the criminals ?

This quote, said with a straight face today ( 8 nov ) by your Attorney General is one of the funniest things I've heard.

"The mistakes of Operation Fast and Furious, serious though they were, should not deter or distract us from our critical mission to disrupt the dangerous flow of firearms across our Southwest border," Holder told the Committee in his opening statement.
      "Like each of you, I want to know why and how firearms that should have been under surveillance could wind up in the hands of the Mexican drug cartels. But beyond identifying where errors occurred and ensuring that they never occur again, we must be careful not to lose sight of the critical problem that this flawed investigation has highlighted.
      "We are losing the battle to stop the flow of illegal guns to Mexico."

Well, could I suggest that NOT giving them guns may be a good start !

For those of you who aren't aware what this is try the following,

http://www.lauraingraham.com/b ... t/434914290453236802.html

During Operation Fast and Furious, ATF agents purposely allowed thousands of guns to be sold to individuals that they believed would get them into the hands of Mexican drug cartels.

ATF agents were specifically ordered not to intercept the guns before they crossed the border.

According to the Los Angeles Times, guns that were purchased during Operation Fast and Furious have “turned up at dozens of additional Mexican crime scenes, with an unconfirmed toll of at least 150 people killed or wounded.”

It has also come out that in some cases ATF agents were actually the ones buying the guns and getting them into the hands of Mexican drug cartels. The following is how author Michael A. Walsh recently explained this in an article in the New York Post….

This just might be the smoking gun we’ve been waiting for to break the festering “Fast and Furious” gun-running scandal wide open: the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives apparently ordered one of its own agents to purchase firearms with taxpayer money, and sell them directly to a Mexican drug cartel.

Let that sink in: After months of pretending that “Fast and Furious” was a botched surveillance operation of illegal gun-running spearheaded by the ATF and the US attorney’s office in Phoenix, it turns out that the government itself was selling guns to the bad guys.

Mexican authorities were never informed that thousands upon thousands of guns were being allowed into Mexico.

Authorities in Mexico have asked the U.S. government over and over to explain what in the world happened during Operation Fast and Furious but they have not been given an adequate answer. In fact, according to the Los Angeles Times, the Obama administration has not even responded to questions from the attorney general of Mexico….

http://www.prisonplanet.com/fa ... obama-administration.html

That'll teach them not to intercept your coke shipments !
      from the VT article
      Quote :The bureau’s answer has been a strategy known variously as “preemption,” “prevention,” and “disruption”—identifying and neutralizing potential lone wolves before they move toward action. To that end, FBI agents and informants target not just active jihadists, but tens of thousands of law-abiding people, seeking to identify those disgruntled few who might participate in a plot given the means and the opportunity. And then, in case after case, the government provides the plot, the means, and the opportunity.

The author is framing that as a bad thing whereas I think that preemptive espionage is good in that it decreases the perceived chance of success of potential terrorists and makes the public more aware that there may be people in their communities who, given the opportunity, would carry out attacks against citizens and military targets. People being vigilant about suspicious activity is what has led the FBI to these radicalized lone wolves in the first place. The reason the Toronto 18 came under the radar of the Canadian police was because they filmed a terrorist training video showcasing their weapons and had it converted to DVD in a store. For myself, I would prefer that the FBI be watching these people at every step rather than have them come into contact with real terrorists with real weapons and perform a successful attack.

I'm not sure but you seem to completely discount even your own sources (mother jones and Berkeley University) that say less than half of people prosecuted on terrorism charges were targeted by an informant in a sting operation. The other half tried to get weapons and support on their own and were caught anyway before their plans could come to fruition. I call that success by any definition! I don't want to think this about you but I think it actually makes you feel a little justified when Americans are targeted by terrorists and lone wolves for death. American citizens are not the American government and they don't deserve to die any more than you do. Terrorist attacks are foiled in the Netherlands, Sweden and the UK every few years so obviously not all terrorist attacks are run by agents or in some way conducted by the US. Radical Islam is a real thing with some motives that have nothing to do with anything people or governments have done to them, but are about religious fanaticism and hatred of non-Muslim societies. Take your head out the dark corner you're in and try to think about how many hundreds or thousands of lives have been saved by the efforts of anti-terrorism organizations worldwide.

Perhaps if Norwegian officials and intelligence had been more preemptive they could have predicted from his internet purchases and suspicious activities that Anders Breivik was going to carry out his lone wolf attack and might have saved many innocent lives. In fact, he was put on a Norwegian watch list for his purchases of bomb-making equipment but they were discounted by complacent police work. Clearly these 'lazy' police were working with ultra-nationalists to kill the children of liberals. Or at least I could write that in a blog and probably you would copy-paste parts of it into one of your barely comprehensible posts.

PS. I found a blog that says one of your blogger 'sources' (btw try citing a blog in a research report and see how well that is received) Daniel Hopsicker is a CIA mole and is working for the US gov. to spread half truths and lies to muddy the waters for 9/11 conspiracies. I don't expect you to read that link because its probably just as much BS as the one you cited to me. Apparently everyone is a CIA agent according to the internet.
      Quote from flymike91 :The author is framing that as a bad thing whereas I think that preemptive espionage is good in that it decreases the perceived chance of success of potential terrorists and makes the public more aware that there may be people in their communities who, given the opportunity, would carry out attacks against citizens and military targets. People being vigilant about suspicious activity is what has led the FBI to these radicalized lone wolves in the first place.

Hahaha. What we need is more people like Joe McCarthy?
      Quote from xaotik :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTeWGD4Q9T4

Best reply ever !

I've got a quick question for our US readers, and anyone else who wants to comment.

Insider trading, making money off privilege business information is usually considered illegal, and attracks a jail term.

For who is it not only legal but actively carried out ? ( In the US )
      A group called con-something (I forget).
      the federal reserve bank.

For someone who lives 12,000km away from the US you sure spend a lot of time thinking about us. I think you're secretly in love.
      Close Andre !

Mike, To be honest, with your constitution and the original goals of America, yes.
      You were the first country to create a truly independent nation and I believe that if we all believed and adopted your constitution the world would be a far better place.

Unfortunately, I'm talking about your congress here, what has gone wrong !
      http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-50 ... steve-kroft-heads-to-d.c/
      Quote from Racer X NZ :Close Andre !

Mike, To be honest, with your constitution and the original goals of America, yes.
      You were the first country to create a truly independent nation and I believe that if we all believed and adopted your constitution the world would be a far better place.

Unfortunately, I'm talking about your congress here, what has gone wrong !
      http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-50 ... steve-kroft-heads-to-d.c/

Congress people are actually above the law to a degree. All they have to do is claim that they are going to a session of congress and no state law enforcements are allowed to detain them for theft, or any other crimes short of murder or something of the sort. This is written into the constitution.

Centure is basuically the only punishment they can receive, and that has to be give by their fellow congress men and women, which are likely doing it too.

It's possable. That's for sure.
      or they can be forced to resign, or not reelected (Anthony Weiner and many others).

The law you mentioned was written when congressmen would have to travel several hundred miles by coach, train, or horseback to get to congress and could not afford to miss an important vote. When is the last time you heard of a congressman robbing a liquor store on the way to a session?
      Quote from flymike91 :When is the last time you heard of a congressman robbing a liquor store on the way to a session?

Liquor store? Con(gress)men leave those to the small-time crooks. They are too busy trying to run an insider trading racket.
      Just yesterday house republicans announced they're writing legislation to eliminate insider trading for congressmen. Insider trading is bad, but whats worse is when a congressman knows that a highway is going to be built, so they buy land adjacent to it at a low price and then sell it when the highway is announced. Obviously the original owner of the land is screwed out of millions of dollars by their own representative. I liked this quote from the bill's author:
      Quote :"Members of Congress should live under the same laws as everyone else. If they trade on inside knowledge to line their own pockets, they should be punished," Brown said in a statement, without referencing any of the officials named in the report. "Serving the public is a privilege and honor, not an opportunity for personal gain."

Quote from flymike91 :or they can be forced to resign, or not reelected (Anthony Weiner and many others).

The law you mentioned was written when congressmen would have to travel several hundred miles by coach, train, or horseback to get to congress and could not afford to miss an important vote. When is the last time you heard of a congressman robbing a liquor store on the way to a session?

Yes, but it still applies to something of this sort I would beleive.

Certainly something needs to be done about the insider trading, and I like the idea that Republicans have, but holy cow.. we've gone way off topic
      Well, the legislation has been around for at least 4 years, for some reason it's never gained enough support the even be considered.

And is it off topic, not really. If your govt believes that 'money' is all that matters, then invading countries and murdering people to get their resources is accepted practice as well.

If you disagree, then reclaim your country !!!!!!!

What country is this ?
      (73 posts, started )
      FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG