The online racing simulator
Ingame Skinning Interface
(3 posts, started )
I have a quick suggestion that came to mind, if it's been mentioned before recently feel free to delete this.
I was just doing a bit of skinning, in Photoshop, I'm a beginner myself so a lot of the aspects can be quite difficult. But I'm not here to complain about my photoshop problems, I'm here for my ideas on improvement!
It would be really cool if LFS had a skinning system similar to NFS: World, where for example I wanted to create a stripe from the front bumper, across the hood, roof, trunk and back bumper and have it line up on the first shot no problems, because you're applying a vinyl to the car in it's 3d ingame form.
This would also eliminate or at least cut down the "trial and error" technique, make edits, save, check ingame, back to editing, rinse and repeat.
This would make it much easier to line gradients up to the various parts of the car if for example you wanted the cars colours or pitch to fade from one side to the other, without the trial and error effect again.
Just a simple suggestion that might take a bit of the intimidation out of skinning, bring the skill level down a bit and give beginners the edge to create a really sensational skin.
Just checking: when you say checking in-game do you mean as in LFS.exe or the CMX Viewer?

Whilst the CMX Viewer (can be downloaded from: http://www.lfs.net/?page=addons) haven't got what you've suggested it does make skinning a bit easier compared to previewing the skin in-game.

And there are skinning templates, wireframes (Master Skinnerz Pro-Kits) and all sorts of community-made stuff to make skinning a bit easier (whilst you wait for your suggestion to be implemented...).
Quote from Silverracer :Just checking: when you say checking in-game do you mean as in LFS.exe or the CMX Viewer?

Whilst the CMX Viewer (can be downloaded from: http://www.lfs.net/?page=addons) haven't got what you've suggested it does make skinning a bit easier compared to previewing the skin in-game.

And there are skinning templates, wireframes (Master Skinnerz Pro-Kits) and all sorts of community-made stuff to make skinning a bit easier (whilst you wait for your suggestion to be implemented...).

Of course
thanks for your feedback. I might start using the CMX viewer instead of going ingame to check edits. as for the skinning templates I'm just getting started =]

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG