The online racing simulator
FE Fixing / More paths... (Again)
Wouldn't it be the time to fix track geometry, textures etc? I mean there are half a mountain sticking somewhere and other things just because eric has been lazy. Looks quite stupid in screenshots and movies.
I know this isn't a game made to do these things but it pretty much harms promoting the game via screenshots and such.

Anyways, the main point wasn't that...
While viewing the track I noticed a new idea for possible track layout.

I think this part looks very nice, would definitely bring a difference to normal LFS track layout. Just go in LFS to look that part for yourself, it looks awesome!

If not as a new track layout with pits etc, atleast make an open road there while fixing the track!
Quote from TamelCoe :[...]half a mountain sticking somewhere and other things just because eric has been lazy. Looks quite stupid in screenshots and movies.[...]

...and also helps low end systems to run the game without suffering too much (like the old pos in my sig).
Anyway having some more available paths wouldn't hurt.

edit: ...demo user & FE pics is obviously strange, but what if this guy is just a fake demo-user?
:bananadea
Quote from 1303s_vortech :...and also helps low end systems to run the game without suffering too much (like the old pos in my sig).
Anyway having some more available paths wouldn't hurt.

edit: ...demo user & FE pics is obviously strange, but what if this guy is just a fake demo-user?

I think his idea is great

I think the lfs-crew should not be making adjustments for 8+ year old systems. In computer business it is very important to always move forward. Making software that also runs on old hardware is ok, but 8+ years? 5 years is already considered seriously old,outdated and seriously slow!
Hey even now we can drive in the part shown in the second picture, we have to cram our car into the gap between fence and mountain, then we can go to the lawn outside that house but ya should make that open accessible road
Quote from Bluebird B B :[...] 5 years is already considered seriously old,outdated and seriously slow!

Agreed, although sometimes you can get catastrophic performances with recent hardware (...due to integrated crap mostly, which is certainly not well suited for gaming).
+1 for the idea of that additional Fern Bay layout.
It's not a bad idea at all. If the corners get smoothned out a little, and given tarmac, then it would be a great section.
Looks like a good route, nice find

Quote from 1303s_vortech :...and also helps low end systems to run the game without suffering too much (like the old pos in my sig).

:o this is off topic but i didint know people still used single cores or hardware that old, though i remember the 6800ultra was one of the first SLI cards for pci-e if i recall correct.
heres my sig from a computing forum i post on dayly and i thought my hardware was slow!

Quote from Bluebird B B :I think the lfs-crew should not be making adjustments for 8+ year old systems. In computer business it is very important to always move forward. Making software that also runs on old hardware is ok, but 8+ years? 5 years is already considered seriously old,outdated and seriously slow!

The software they are making is bringing them in money.
Many users of the software don't have high-end computer systems.
So if they "pimp" up the graphics engine and all that sensless crap, they lose quite alot of users and also quite alot of income. So why do something that will bring you less money?

Quote :this is off topic but i didint know people still used single cores or hardware that old

I use a single core CPU. Does that make me less human or something? Nah. Just means that I have a smaller e-peen. And I'm ok with that.
Why buy a lorry if the only trip you are making is from the house to the grocery store and back?

FE Fixing / More paths... (Again)
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG