The online racing simulator
One question about updates
(9 posts, started )
When I bought lfs, am I only be able to update 3 times?

Now i have 0.6b. If i update to 0.7 and 0.8 I wont be able to update to 0.9?

And when this happens i cant go online? So getting more updates means i have to pay again 27€?

thanks!

Here is where i tought its gona be like this :

"You will initially be able to unlock LFS S2 or later versions 3 times. This allows you to unlock on two computers and keep one spare unlock."
Quote from http://www.lfs.net/?page=agreement :3.3 We recognise that people may buy a new computer or reinstall their operating system from time to time. For this reason, we will automatically give you an extra spare unlock once a week (every friday morning), up to a maximum of having 2 spare unlocks available. The number of unlocks you have left can be found on your status page.

Also, unlocking isn't necessary with every single update. Generally big updates will need an unlock, but small ones might not.
Do you have to unlock every update?

I just mean if i stop playing not at 0.6b. Can I unlock straight 0.8 when i start playing LFS again without unlocking first 0.7?
Quote from imteme :Can I unlock straight 0.8 when i start playing LFS again without unlocking first 0.7?

Of course. I don't know why it would work any other way.
You only need to unlock the exe you'll be using. It doesn't matter if it's because a reinstall, or a new version or whatever. Plus you can unlock 2 times each week, so it's pretty hard to run out of unlock, and even then, you only have to wait 'till friday
-
(E.Reiljans) DELETED by E.Reiljans
#6 - Jakg
3 unlocks per week - your S2 license will always let you use S2 content (S2 cars, S2 tracks) no matter what version you have (0.6, 0.7, 0.9, 1, 2, 15, 356 etc)
Quote from Jakg :3 unlocks per week - your S2 license will always let you use S2 content

Isn't that statement misleading? You only get 3 unlocks at first. After you unlock the first time, the maximum number of available unlocks will be 2.

For example lets say you've been using S2 for a while and say you only have 2 unlocks left. For [ENTER REASON HERE] you reinstall LFS three times in the same week - you won't be able to unlock the final time; you wont be able to use the S2 content (you'll have to wait till a Friday to get the unlock).

Of course something like that is rare, but you do hear from people who've kept on reinstalling for some reason or another and found themselves locked out [until next Friday].
#8 - Sobis
Quote from Silverracer :(you'll have to wait till a Friday to get the unlock)

Or if you can e-mail devs and ask for unlock.
Thanks
Thanks. So im able to update like 40 times without needing to buy new s2 liecense

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG