The online racing simulator
G27 is squeeking
(4 posts, started )
G27 is squeeking
This is getting annoying now, every time I turn my wheel right it squeeks a very annoying high pitch yell like a mouse having a epaleptic fit.

I tried putting some grease between where the wheel meets the box still nothing.

Has this happened to anyone else and is it fixable?
Maybe it would like a block of cheese

no, seriously. Try cracking the case open and see if you can isolate exactly where the noise is coming from. Maybe a gear or "bearing" is fouling up and making the noise.

get hold of some molybdenum grease or similar and make sure everything has enough lubrication.

either that or wear headphone like i do, can't hear my gfx cards fans when gaming so i doubt you'd hear a squeaky wheel
Quote from gandlers :Maybe it would like a block of cheese

no, seriously. Try cracking the case open and see if you can isolate exactly where the noise is coming from. Maybe a gear or "bearing" is fouling up and making the noise.

get hold of some molybdenum grease or similar and make sure everything has enough lubrication.

either that or wear headphone like i do, can't hear my gfx cards fans when gaming so i doubt you'd hear a squeaky wheel

I use a 1200 watt 5.1 surround system I like to feel my bass

I found some APXT Castrol grease. I began to open the G27 but after 15 or so screws in I just thought **** it. I put a shit load of grease on a pencil and just stuffed it in there. About 3 hours later the squeeking stopped.
result....

G27 is squeeking
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG