The online racing simulator
Online Racing shows wrong license type
Hi,

I have been using LFS S2 for a while now but I recently noticed that when I drive online my status is demo.
Does anyone have an idea why this is and how to change that?

It says when I log into online server that lsf is unlocked. I can also connect to S2 servers and upload skins/sets/hotlaps without any problems. In online game I don't notice any problems just status says "demo"

Thanx,

Jeroen
Where exactly does it say "demo"? Can you show a screenshot of it please?

If you can connect to S2 hosts it means that your LFS is unlocked. But your online history over the last few days shows that you've only been connected to demo hosts.
Quote from Silverracer :Where exactly does it say "demo"? Can you show a screenshot of it please?

If you can connect to S2 hosts it means that your LFS is unlocked. But your online history over the last few days shows that you've only been connected to demo hosts.

probably its lfsworld.net because it also shows your license status there
I see it when I'm racing online. As well I added screen cap.
Attached images
OnlinePlay.PNG
and yes I did only connect to demo hosts because there are no S2 hosts I like to race on. I tried as well connecting to an S2 host and I have no problems connecting only thing I noticed is that not all cars are available.
Ah, that info is displayed via a 3rd party application (Airio?) - it can't (or any other 3rd party application for that matter) can't access your LFS license status. So it checks your LFSworld statistics - since you've never driven on S1/S2 cars/track online it thinks that you're a demo-licensed racer.

Nothing to worry about; as soon as you put down a few laps in S1/S2 cars/track online it should update itself. More to the point - Airio is a 3rd party In-Sim application which is used by most race servers and is nothing do with the LFS-developers themselves.

As for the cars being not available in S1/S2 hosts - server owners are using Airio to block out people with lesser online experience from driving in their servers. The online experience is calculated by the distance driven, races won, number of hotlaps uploaded and whole lot of more info as Airio's "LFS Experience Index". Example: http://stats.airio.eu/EXD.aspx?U=victor

Try cargame.nl S1 server. I think you should be able to drive the XFG/XRG at minimum. As you start scoring points and gaining "LFS EI" you should be able to access more cars (FXO, RB4, LX4..) and so on. Eventually you'll have enough points/LFS EI to hop on to the cargame.nl server.

I pointed out cargame.nl servers since they're populated most of the time. Most of the other race servers don't have cars restricted based on LFSEI; just that they've selected a car/track combo for a specific time... Although I believe you would have a hard time finding populated servers in your time zone...
Okay, thanks for the explenation.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG