The online racing simulator
Steve Jobs Pronounced Dead
(63 posts, started )
Steve Jobs has been pronounced dead by Apple.
Quite Shocking news.

http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/

R.I.P
Just heard this, a man of great vision.

I've been using his toys for many years and he certainly transformed techology.

All the best Steve.
Just saw this on the news, such a shame RIP. I know he stepped down due to health I didnt realise it was that bad though.
Quote from Greboth :Just saw this on the news, such a shame RIP. I know he stepped down due to health I didnt realise it was that bad though.

This.

Although I hated his toys for moneyed idiots, this is really sad The amount he's done to push the world of technology forward is unbelievable.
#5 - hp999
Found out minutes ago, didn't realize either that his illness that serious.

As Apple said, he left behind a company only he could have built. RIP
A sad R.I.P.

And a sad day for certain apple fag in lfs forum
Quote from hp999 :Found out minutes ago, didn't realize either that it was that serious.

the link above is rather vague as well... that could also apply to him leaving the company.

but seeing the news on slashdot and androidcentral, it seems to be true.

strange that it happened the day after they showcased the iphone 4s.
Shame for no iPhone 5 release ?

It is all over the web now, he did look very sick in his last appearances.
Quote from Crashgate3 :This.

Although I hated his toys for moneyed idiots, this is really sad The amount he's done to push the world of technology forward is unbelievable.

Agree'd. RIP.
Quote from bunder9999 :

and two days after reports that Microsoft's Zune project was going to be killed.

Love or hate his products, he was pretty incredible. RIP.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :and two days after reports that Microsoft's Zune project was going to be killed.

i don't even know anyone who actually owns a zune... as far as i'm concerned it was dead in 2008.
Quote from bunder9999 :the link above is rather vague as well... that could also apply to him leaving the company.

but seeing the news on slashdot and androidcentral, it seems to be true.

I was referring to his illness, not the occasion itself. I guess I left my sentence a bit... open.
Quote from bunder9999 :i don't even know anyone who actually owns a zune... as far as i'm concerned it was dead in 2008.

I do
I don't know what to post, so I'll just say:

RIP.

This time I mean it (instead of Amy Winehouse and Michael Jackson, pity they are dead, but they had it coming).

Not trying to start a flamewar though.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I don't know what to post, so I'll just say:

RIP.

This time I mean it (instead of Amy Winehouse and Michael Jackson, pity they are dead, but they had it coming).

Not trying to start a flamewar though.

Not being a war starter here, but how Amy and Michael "had it coming"? Amy ... drugs, yeah maybe. But what about Michael?
He was a prescription drug abuser and a child molester..
#18 - JJ72
Here's to the crazy one. The misfit. The rebel. The troublemaker. The round peg in these square hole. The one who saw things differently. He wasn't fond of rules. He had no respect for the status quo. You can quote him, disagree with him, glorify or vilify him. About the only thing you can't do is ignore him. Because he changed things. He pushed the human race forward. And while some may have seen him as the crazy one, we saw genius. Because the man who was crazy enough to think he could change the world, was the one who did. RIP Steve Jobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX9GTUMh490
Quote from Inouva :A sad R.I.P.

And a sad day for certain apple fag in lfs forum

That wasn't needed or?

Even tho I never really tried his products, he did think new and got a lot of followers for it. A great mind.

RIP
R.I.P.

Pretty awkward that at the moment when I read it, the story of snow white and the apple came into my mind...
Rest in Profit Steve.
Properly saddened by this. I guess he knew it was going to happen soon with stepping down from CEO spot and all.

To quote Notch:
"I'm very sad to hear you left us, Steve. You were the only one keeping things interesting."
I can't get too emotional about this. Sure he made decent stuff- but there's this impression that everything Apple has done has happened in some kind of bubble of genius, and not in concert with the innovations of the rest of the tech industry. The last years of Apple show Capitalism at its worst... horrible working conditions in China, Jobs' refusal to get into philanthropy (when you have that much money and you're not a philanthropist, there is something seriously wrong with your values), the brainwashing of people into upgrading from last years perfect tech object to this years more than perfect tech object... I think people love Apple because it fashionised tech geekery. It's just a computer for fs.

Anyhow... RIP Steve Jobs.

edit: Apparently I'm a grumpy bastard today.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Jobs' refusal to get into philanthropy (when you have that much money and you're not a philanthropist, there is something seriously wrong with your values),

public philanthropy. No one can really say for sure right now how much he has anonymously donated to various causes. He was fairly private person.

Maybe absolutely nothing, maybe tons and tons.

(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG