The online racing simulator
problem with own skin ?!
(12 posts, started )
#1 - Sexmi
problem with own skin ?!
i've made a skin with photoshop and saved it as JPEG and when i use it i can see the skin but for others its only white.... why ?
You need to upload it to LFS World.

www.lfsworld.net

But you're a Demo racer so you can't upload skins to LFSW...
#3 - Sexmi
but when i'll upload that skin... so others can download... and thats is that what i wont. my skin should be the only one and not one of much should be an unique skin.... cuz i made it for me not for others... ^^
Quote from Sexmi :but when i'll upload that skin... so others can download... and thats is that what i wont. my skin should be the only one and not one of much should be an unique skin.... cuz i made it for me not for others... ^^

As has already been stated, Demo Racers can't upload skins to LFSW for other people to see. To get around this, buy a license, it's not very much.

Does this answer your question now?
#5 - Sexmi
i know that i should buy Lc. i will next month. But i dont wont that others can downloade that skin, for what i hard worked :P
What he seems to mean is that he wants to let others see his skin, but not be able to use it, which as far as I'm aware is impossible with the way LFS is set up.

And I believe that Demo users can pay to get skin uploads etc, outside of a licence, if I remember right from when demo registration became required. But don't quote me directly on that.
Quote from Sexmi :i know that i should buy Lc. i will next month. But i dont wont that others can downloade that skin, for what i hard worked :P

rename the skin and put ur name in it and PVT at the end or something
anyone using it with a different name will get called a skin stealer
#8 - Sexmi
ya but if other users can use it, isnt that skin unique^^ and for a skin, for what i worked some days, what everybody can use.... no ...^^
but you put so much work in to it, you want to show it to other people?

and the fact is its like 1/100 chance someone will steal your skin
upload a blank skin to LFSWorlds, then, in your local folder, use your real skin with the same name.
Quote from Whiskey :upload a blank skin to LFSWorlds, then, in your local folder, use your real skin with the same name.

Isnt that just the same situation as he has now?
He can see the skin but others cant .
He can't upload a blank skin (demo license) and would be wasting a skin slot uploading a blank if he could/did.

It's quite a simple argument.
He either uploads the skin (pending license being bought or skin credit) so other can see it.
Or
because he doesn't want it stolen, he doesn't upload it and only he can see it.

You cant have it both ways!
I know that does not solve the problem, but at least nobody sees a warning of the skin is not uploaded at LFSW.

Can't think any solution better than that

problem with own skin ?!
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG