The online racing simulator
Fern Bay Sprint Event
(9 posts, closed, started )
Fern Bay Sprint Event

TheReality Racing Team presents a little fun event with a slightly different format - real sprint racing! Event features 12 races with maximum of 24 drivers at start,each with different car,each 7.2 kilometers long over Fern Bay Sprint Track layout.

Event winner will be determined by total points standings. Points awarded in each race:
1st - 10 points
2nd - 9 points
3rd - 8 points
4th - 7 points
5th - 6 points
6th - 5 points
7th - 4 points
8th - 3 points
9th - 2 points
10th - 1 point
And every other who finishes within 1 minute of race winner - 0.5 points

In case of a tie,higher position will be determined by most wins/best finishing position/last race result.

Event will be on tuesday,September 20th,2011. First race will start at 21:00 EET / 20:00 CET / 18:00 UTC with a XFG race,followed by XRG,LX4,RB4,FXO and FZ5 races as first half of event,between all races will be 2-3 minutes long break,after FZ5 race - a 5-6 minutes long break,after that event will continue with faster cars - MRT,UFR,FXR,FZR,FOX and as final race - the mighty BF1.
Starting part will be the tricky one - the starting grid is the one from Fern Bay RallyX Green Reversed,its a triple file starting grid,but starting places - random,so be prepared to be in big traffic right from the start!

Rules - as this is a fun event,there won't be specific rule book,but everyone should respect standart clean racing rules,avoid any car contact (even as hard it will be on that tight 1st turn) and keep sportsmanship in mind,so noone ruins other participant's fun by crashing him out of race. Midrace join will be disabled. Chat will remain open for whole event,but any offences and insults will not be tolarated,so won't be spamming (multiple pressing of binds etc.).
In case you feel yourself being handled unfair by any participant (like unnecesary car contact,blocking etc.),feel free to post protest against him in this thread,and if found guilty,the driver either will be stripped of results from that specific race or even disqualified from whole event.

Server - will be online at least 3 hours before event start with available all event cars for practice. Server will be password protected,so only those people can join,who are aware about this event. Server name and password will be posted when server will be online.

If you plan to attend,please post about it here (no need to sign up) on this thread,so everyone is aware of number of potential participants. There are 24 slots in starting grid (for each race),but I'm not so optimistic to expect them to be filled completely. If you come late,you can still participate if there are free slots.

Hope we all will have fun and race clean!
Server online!
I wish I could make it. Good luck (I was just watching you on LFS Remote )
Right,just remembered that I have to set a password,so only informed people can join. So password is: sprint
I am probably gonna join
Server down?
Seems so...
Yea,is offline. I will run server very soon,so we will reschedule this 10 minutes later!

Server online! (same name,same password - sprint)
After 12 races this experimental event is completed! Event wasn't very much attended - there were
11 participants from 4 different countrys,but racing was hot and intense. Skill,luck,ability to use situations
and to stay out of trouble were the keys to success - 3 wide starting grid and tight 1st turn made the
start of each race very tricky and difficult,often result was a lot of contact between cars and even traffic
jam over the track. After that - intense racing in slightly wider racetrack to improve position or to defend it.

Here are the results in all 12 races:
(I hope you won't have too much trouble with the large picture)

In event total standings the winner is clear - it's SPDO's driver from Poland - Garfield. He won half of the races
and finished 6th or higher in other half. Runner up in event standings is Invecs from the latvian TheReality
Racing Team - he finished 2nd in 4 races and never finished lower than 7th. Because of DNFs in last 2 races,
estonian Reno form SPDO could not protect his quite secure 2nd place in total standings,so,despite 4 race wins,
he had to settle for 3rd place. Just 2 points shy from top3,in 4th place is czech driver Flame from Angel Power
Racing,finishing 2nd twice,but top5 is rounded up by STO's zz from Latvia,who's best finish was also 2nd.
TheReality's Carbon finished in standings in 6th place by finishing 3rd in 2 races as his best performance,STO's
freshest signup Matiss finished 7th in total standing,scoring the only non-SPDO race win in whole event.
Another latvian Pacans finished twice as 3rd,giving him 8th in total,but event main organizer Rony (myself)
never really showed any performance ending up as 9th with 4th as best position in race. Czech driver J.Dohnalik
finished twice in 3rd,but DNF'ed 3 times,loosing any chance for better overall position as 10th,but late attendant
Egon from Estonia managed to score a win in his first race,but had to settle for 11th in final standings.

Thanks to everyone for joining this event,I hope you had fun! I think this sprint race idea isn't bad,maybe we will
try another one someday with different track and cars.
In case if you wish to see the races,you can download the MPRs here!

Next 2 weeks in row you can join for usual tuesday stuff,if interested,check my signature!
This thread is closed

Fern Bay Sprint Event
(9 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG