The online racing simulator
Better mirror system
(8 posts, started )
Better mirror system
It can be nice to see my own car in mirrors. Its very hard to know where is end of my vehicle. Its necessity.

Editing mirrors rotation is nice idea but its not very needed.
Quote from NoNder :It can be nice to see my own car in mirrors. Its very hard to know where is end of my vehicle. Its necessity.

Editing mirrors rotation is nice idea but its not very needed.

+1 to this, wanted to see my own car in my mirror for ages. Adjustable mirrors too, as we all like them set differently when driving a real car. Would also be nice to see them work with headtracking and other view altering apps/addons.

I am sure its been mentioned before about mirrors, but its well worth a mention again imo
I like those ideas +1.
Quote from Psysim :Adjustable mirrors too, as we all like them set differently when driving a real car.

Problem about that is that with the current mirror system there is no need for adjustable mirrors. LFS mirrors doesn't work like real mirrors. They work more like monitors with a camera facing backwards. The position of the eye doesn't affect what you see in the mirror. If LFS had realistic reflections in the mirrors however this would be really cool but then again, that would suck so much computer.

+1 to the ability to see the car in the mirrors though.
partan - you are correct with the adjustable bit, but for that exact reason it is also impossible to see the car in the mirrors, as the mirror 'cam' is in the center of the car facing backwards, so you would see a large chunk of the inside of your car on all mirrors.

That said, LFS could probably use an update on this system, and render each mirror at separately, at their own angles as an option, leaving the current route as a basic mirroring system.
Center cam mirror was improved. Now there are 3 seperate cams for 3 mirrors.

+1 for the op idea
Well, yes, i got the concept of the mirrors being a fixed rear view, I don't see this as any reason why adjustable mirrors should be impossible, surely with a wider field of view, it could be cropped to suit your settings? Besides, its been done in other simulators. /me caugh*rfactor*cough

There is no need to Adjust the mirrors.... IF they suit your needs! But like I said above, we all drive differently. With my mirrors IRL, I have them slightly pointed down so that I can see along the car (van as it happens), but also see the road a little closer to my car.

pärtan, like blackbird said, LFS could do with an update (in ref to mirrors), and it would be possible simply with a wider fov thats cropped. It was actually the headtracking with mirrors in LFS that disapointed me the most

Seems like a fairly popular opinion that NoNder shares!
This idea has been suggested by quite a few people, including me.

Better mirror system
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG