The online racing simulator
Wastegate Sound
(15 posts, started )
Wastegate Sound
I was curious if it was possible to tune the Tweak to compose a dumped wastegate sound when full boost hits basically at upper rpms...

dont even start this bullshit about the BOV this isnt a BOV thread and they are totally 2 different things, dont get me started.
Thanks guys.

-Jon
SMSFAB
Afaik, there is no wastegate sound in LFS currently.. only a dumpvalve and the turbo spool-up sound.
taste?
#4 - Phill
-waste! illepall
#5 - Mapsa
Quote from Matrixi :Afaik, there is no wastegate sound in LFS currently.. only a dumpvalve and the turbo spool-up sound.

Hmm, is there anyway I could make the spool-up sound louder? I didn't see any seperate file in snd foler but I'm jts wondering if thats possible..
Not that I know of. In S1, IIRC, the spool sound was louder the more you had boost (via LFSTweak).
It would be nice, but I would assume that all the cars have the wastegate dump re-routed back into the exhaust.
Quote from Ill_eagle94 :It would be nice, but I would assume that all the cars have the wastegate dump re-routed back into the exhaust.

most likely, this is the case. it would be pretty sweet though to have louder spool and a dumped gate.
Quote from gen2integra93 :most likely, this is the case. it would be pretty sweet though to have louder spool and a dumped gate.

I would have to agree.

I've been helping a friend with his Eclipse GSX and having no airbox is sweet, you can really hear that turbo hiss. Now to try and get him to install a larger turbo with an external gate, dumped to atmosphere. :evil:
You have to change the BOV coefficiant in LFSTweak. If you make it higher, then instead of the wastegate sounding like shhhhhhhhhh, it'll sound like Pshhhhhhhhhhhttttthhhhhhhhhhheeewwwwwww. illepall
Quote from wheel4hummer :You have to change the BOV coefficiant in LFSTweak. If you make it higher, then instead of the wastegate sounding like shhhhhhhhhh, it'll sound like Pshhhhhhhhhhhttttthhhhhhhhhhheeewwwwwww. illepall

what?
Quote from gen2integra93 :what?

Dude, its called sarcasm!
Turbo spool would be great if it was a bit louder... Seems strange that all the turbo cars take so long to come on boost though... quite unrealistic compared to a real turbo car....
Quote from wheel4hummer :You have to change the BOV coefficiant in LFSTweak. If you make it higher, then instead of the wastegate sounding like shhhhhhhhhh, it'll sound like Pshhhhhhhhhhhttttthhhhhhhhhhheeewwwwwww. illepall

Here's a video of a car with an open wastegate. It also happens to have a broken front differential, so it's RWD instead of AWD. There is a swear word in the video, so if you're sensitive to that, don't watch it. It's pretty amusing, as he's just beating the hell out of the car.

http://www.dynotuned.com/josh.wmv
I suppose if you could get access to the spool sound then you could make a delay on the wastegate after the spool sound is started.

Throttle > Engine > Spool > Ext. Gate. all in that sound sequence as it would be.

Just need access to that dang spool sound file

Wastegate Sound
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG