#1 - D4JS
master server no responding
hello

since 3 days i cant connect to lfs

could not connect to master server

my firewall is ok

ping 82.44.126.169 no response

tracert 82.44.126.169
Détermination de l'itinéraire vers 82-44-126-169.cable.ubr01.mort.blueyonder.co.
uk [82.44.126.169]
avec un maximum de 30 sauts :
1 28 ms 18 ms 27 ms 84-5-64-1.adslgp.cegetel.net [84.5.64.1]
2 27 ms 23 ms 28 ms 80-124-249-101.dti.cegetel.net [80.124.249.101]
3 20 ms 21 ms 22 ms 195.115.104.149
4 25 ms 31 ms 28 ms 195.115.104.142
5 18 ms 28 ms 23 ms collines11.iap.cegetel.net [195.115.106.2]
6 27 ms 31 ms 30 ms 195.115.106.86
7 * * * Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
8 * * * Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
9 * * * Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.

i m cegetel in france, is someone have the same problem ?

Help me thanks
I don't think i can help you, but what has that ip to do with the problem?

82.44.126.169 not reachable from here (germany), but lfs works
traceroutes or pings are useless to diagnose the master with unfortunatly. It's either up or down and the best place you can see that is at www.lfsworld.net (the home or hosts section)

If you cannot connect at all even though lfsworld states that the master is up and running, it's often either a router or isp problem.

edit- and becuase I'm hearing more french people having the same problem atm, my money is on an isp problem. This usually fixes itself after a while, or if you want to speed things up, you need to contact your isp.
#4 - D4JS
i try connect with lfsworld.net but it s the same problem

no master server

thanks
Hello victor,
us are several utilsateurs in France has to meet of seriousness problemes to connect in the master. (82.44.126.169).

This, for me, since 26/08/2005 ~ 18:00 pm FR

Did you modify anything or we have to think that it is about a temporary probleme because of our isp?
well, we haven't changed anything. Defenitely not during the past few days at least. I'm pretty sure that it's an internet/isp problem. But I can't really tell from here where the glitch is located (your isp / our isp. It might be on the french side though, because many french appear to have the same problem)
hello,

I have the same problem since this afternoon.

I can see lfsworld.net but I can't retreive the list from the master server.
Everything was fine last night...

I haven't change anything on my configuration and router / firewall looks good.

My isp is cegetel.

Any idea to help me ?

Regards
Quote from Victor :well, we haven't changed anything. Defenitely not during the past few days at least. I'm pretty sure that it's an internet/isp problem. But I can't really tell from here where the glitch is located (your isp / our isp. It might be on the french side though, because many french appear to have the same problem)

But I think we have not the same ISP.
#9 - D4JS
perhaps it s only cegetel...

and they have very bad support... we must wait
apparently, - Glop - is on "le neuf"/"cegetel" too, so it might be the problem...
we've done some tests and yes, the problem is definitely in france. It's one of the international traffic backbones as the error occurs right after our test packets arrived in france at linx.n9uf.net (9 Telecom)
#12 - D4JS
Personnaly, I had several deconnection yesterday, but I don't know if it's my ISP (free) or something else, so, wait&see
My ISP is cegetel and i've the same problem since yesterday evening... I think this connexion problem comes definitely from the ISP group "9 Telecom"/"Cegetel"

We must wait...
I can't connect since friday evening, my isp is cegetel too. I also noticed that I can't access to many sites like google, dslvalley, yahoo, etc ... Can someone tell me what's going on ?
There is a french thread about this problem with cegetel/9 tel on the french forum of live for speed here : http://lfsfrance.servergamers. ... /index.php?showtopic=3761

Apparently, somebody called cegetel and they told him that they don't want to make something because they say cegetel are selling internet connections only for viewing web page but not gaming

edit: Finaly, it must be a DNS problem due to the fusion of the 2 ISPs
Quote from CAPTeN :Apparently, somebody called cegetel and they told him that they don't want to make something because they say cegetel are selling internet connections only for viewing web page but not gaming

Funny statement. Are they selling internet (i.e. full tcp/ip) or are they selling viewing webpages? You should really search for a real isp... they don't want you as a customer and they certainly don't want your money.

Quote from CAPTeN : edit: Finaly, it must be a DNS problem due to the fusion of the 2 ISPs

So puting the IP-addresses of the servers that are not resolveable into the hosts file (%WINNT%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) should make it work again. Or setting another dns server for the connection. But I have no doubt that other servers could be blocked by this "isp"...
I don't know, I don't have this ISP, but I try to help those who have it.

I'll tell them this tip.

thanks.
the trick with that host-file won't cure the problem people are having to connect to the master. That file holds the IPs of hostnames, but LFS doesn't have to lookup the IP for the master. It already connects straight to the IP.
#20 - D4JS
in the site 9 telecomm i read this

IncidentImpossibilité d'accès à certains sites Début de l'incident samedi 27 août 2005 à 00:00 Accès concerné Toutes les connexions (RTC, RNIS, ADSL) Explication Un incident touchant le routage IP rend certains sites inaccessibles. Une intervention aura lieu le 29/08 à partir de 22h jusqu'à 6h le lendemain. Pendant cette période, il est possible que nos abonnés n'aient plus de navigation pour une durée d'une heure maximum.

so perhaps tomorrow lfs will work

youpiiii

Quote from Victor :the trick with that host-file won't cure the problem people are having to connect to the master. That file holds the IPs of hostnames, but LFS doesn't have to lookup the IP for the master. It already connects straight to the IP.

If it is done that way then it is definetly no dns problem.
I'm having this problem now.... was fine last night but now it's not working

My ISP is Plus Net (www.plus.net)

Any ideas?

Edit: Scrap that, it's working fine now... sorry!

master server no responding
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG