The online racing simulator
Round 9: Kyoto Grand Prix - Race Discussion
Server: NDR.LFSCART 2011
Date: September 3rd 2011
Pass: Will be PMed to entered and confirmed drivers
Track: KY3B (KY3 + Boothy chicane layout)
Laps: 44 (will be 45 taking into account the formation lap)
Pit Window: 3-41 (4-42 in game)

17:35 UTC Official Free Practice (Attendance not mandatory, 20 minute duration)
18:00 UTC Qualifying (Two groups, 20 minutes per group, group assignments made public prior to race day, open track, concurrent over multiple servers, group 1 in the main server, group 2 in a secondary server)
18:30 UTC Superpole (top 6 of Qualifying, result of this session sets top 6)
18:45 UTC Race - 44 Laps / 2 hours (Formation lap, then return to grid for standing start, controlled via InSim App)

Qualifying Group 1: (36)

1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 13, 15, 21, 25, 27, 28, 32, 33, 39, 41, 42, 47, 48, 50, 51, 52, 54, 56, 57, 58, 61, 62, 63, 64, 68, 71, 76, 80, 89, 90, 94

Qualifying Group 2: (35)

3, 6, 10, 11, 12, 14, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30, 31, 35, 36, 38, 40, 43, 44, 49, 53, 55, 65, 67, 69, 70, 73, 77, 87, 88, 91, 92, 93, 95, 96, 99

The Qualifying Groups may be adjusted based on the situation.
#2 - Hahmo
Quote from Hahmo :I'm not in any of the groups / didnt get PM..

If your car number has not raced yet this year, you are assigned to a group right before qualifying starts.

I haven't sent the PMs yet, and also haven't updated the entry list so PMs will come in a couple hours to those eligible.
A few constellations:

Robbin Heijerman (Drifters Only) is champion when...

... he wins.
... he finishes ahead of Jarl Teien, Simon Catell and 2 or less places behind Sampsa Jurvansuu.
... he drives on pole, leads the most laps and finishes second with Jarl Teien behind him.

Jarl Teien (arox123) is champion when...

... he wins.
... he finishes ahead of Simon Catell finishes three positions ahead of Robbin Heijerman and one position behind Sampsa Jurvansuu.

Simon Cattell (SCA-F1) is champion when...

... he wins and Robbin Heijerman doesn't get the pole and does not lead the most laps.
... he finishes 5 or more positions infront of Robbin Heijerman, 2 or more positions infront of Jarl Teien and one position or more infront of Sampsa Jurvansuu.

Sampsa Jurvansuu (Joku123) is champion when...

... he wins, gets the pole and Robbin Heijerman finishes 3rd or worse without leading the most laps.
... he finishes 9 or more positions infront of Robbin Heijerman, 8 or more positions infront of Jarl Teien and 5 or more positions infront of Simon Cattell.

Dominik Engel (Deutschland2007) is champion when...

... he wins from pole with leading the most laps, Robbin Heijerman does not finish, Jarl Teien finishes 28th or worse, Simon Cattell finishes 23rd or worse and Sampsa Jurvansuu finishes 15th or worse. When Robbin Heijerman finishes 29th or 30th, Dominik Engel and Robbin Heijerman are both champions.
... he wins, Robbin Heijerman and Jarl Teien do not start, Simon Cattell finishes 26th or worse and Sampsa Jurvansuu finishes 18th or worse.
I heard that others already got their PMs unlike me. What is the reason?
I bet Dom will win the champ
Do 4x pts for this round, just for the lulz, so everyone in the Top 10 could win it.
Quote from Kristi :I heard that others already got their PMs unlike me. What is the reason?

we're still updating the entry list and checking who fulfilled the requirements. eligible drivers will get the pm before FP-session if they didn't get it already.
Oh and btw, how is it possible to have 35 drivers in a qualy group where as only 32 people can be on the track the same time?
Quote from Kristi :Oh and btw, how is it possible to have 35 drivers in a qualy group where as only 32 people can be on the track the same time?

we are realistic Should it happen, we would split those sessions again. but I doubt more then 64 people will attend
Quote from Kristi :I heard that others already got their PMs unlike me. What is the reason?

Because you are not on the entry list - you were entered with team Vires, but then this post did not contain you, and superseded any previous post.

If you were not meant to be removed, or were readded, then sorry, but based on what I had to go by and the posts made, you were removed (as per linked post above). If you were readded, there was never a post made, so I cannot have known - it's not my job or any other admin's job to figure out what's changed - it's the team Manager / Vice-Manager's job to notify us.
The one I linked was edited on
Last edited by JPeace; 30th August 2011 at 16:13.
Quote from TFalke55 :Dominik Engel (Deutschland2007) is champion when...

... he wins from pole with leading the most laps, Robbin Heijerman does not finish, Jarl Teien finishes 28th or worse, Simon Cattell finishes 23rd or worse and Sampsa Jurvansuu finishes 15th or worse. When Robbin Heijerman finishes 29th or 30th, Dominik Engel and Robbin Heijerman are both champions.
... he wins, Robbin Heijerman and Jarl Teien do not start, Simon Cattell finishes 26th or worse and Sampsa Jurvansuu finishes 18th or worse.

Sounds like a dead cert to me
I don't know which one was worse. The move by Danica, or Milka Duno body slamming me.

Good way to finish the season.
Quote from PMD9409 :I don't know which one was worse. The move by Danica, or Milka Duno body slamming me.

Think you´re talking about me in the last corner. ._.
Big sorry for that. :-/
Also Big Sorry to Chris Ford.

Wasn´t my race...
I also would like to apologise to Oscar and would like to explain what happened..

I think it was Phil who divebombed me in T1, i had to back off, went on grass, ran wide and lost the control for some time and then hit you Oscar..

I didn't mean to do it and I feel bad about it.
Thanks to everyone for the clean final! See you next year
Quote from PMD9409 :I don't know which one was worse. The move by Danica, or Milka Duno body slamming me.

Gonna assume I'm Danica (ouch)...

Sorry about that. I was all the way down on the curb, though...

edit: looked at it again in replay and I wasn't on the curb (was on the white line), and furthermore I never should have put my nose in there in the first place. totally my bad, sorry Phil.
:sadbanana
This was one of the best races I've ever competed in since I started sim racing. For the near future at least I have to concentrate more on the pile of shit called iPaying or iRacing or whatever it is. But racing against competition like this on this sim is something I really wanted, whether it's the last thing I do here or not.

I ****ed up the quali trying Bawbag WR set for first time. Rolling start then increased the deficit and I got held back in traffic at the start of the race despite being one of the heaviest out there. Jarl kept out of trouble and when he did have to defend he did it well keeping a cool head under the pressure - I'm usually strong mentally but he completely fooled me with his switchback on the oval which I didn't expect and broke my rhythm - his pace came as a surprise after all the sandbagging too. Anyway he did good job, and I'm happy the title could be decided in such a way with Jarno right up with the action at the end too. Was a great way for the season to end. Pity Robbin wasn't in the midst of the action too but that's racing, and it doesn't always go right sometimes, just gotta look ahead to next one.

Doesn't feel too bad to lose actually. Stops u from being complacent at least, eheh. Anyway, great season - certainly one to remember and a deserving champion in the end. Thanks for the admining and the good competition. See u all next season maybe.
Quote from Hahmo :I also would like to apologise to Oscar and would like to explain what happened..

I think it was Phil who divebombed me in T1, i had to back off, went on grass, ran wide and lost the control for some time and then hit you Oscar..

I didn't mean to do it and I feel bad about it.

Eh, I looked at the replay and you near enough made the same mistake as me. Just wrong place wrong time and nothing that you could have done No worries, I was only racing for a bit of fun anyway.
Interresting fact: TOP 5: 4 out of 5 had Michelin tires.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for being so clean and fair, Simon was extremely fast this race, same with Jarno.
I noticed that I had less downforce than most people, which meant I had more tire scrub and more heat in the tires.

Looking at the race over again, I see now that Simon an extremely difficult race, and I see myself a bit lucky, but to be fair I did have bad luck in the last 2 races.
And also bad luck to Robbin this race, you'll have a chance next year for sure
Was a fun race, like jarl me and jarno had a lower df setup. Our strategy wasn't so great and as a result of this we both lost much time. Our pace was good but that wasn't enough
Grats to Jarl, good performance

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG