The online racing simulator
Stock Unwrapping, Real Photos, and Other Q's
I've been messing around with the dds files, just looking at them, I did a few skins. One thing I noticed is the massive amount of real photos they (and all car textures really) use- low quality ones at that. A few that jumped out at me are the ShiftSequ_x.dds files, wiperblade.dds, the MRT engine, and lots of the lights. Some of them are so bad I don't think you could reskin them since you don't know where the wireframe is. Why does everyone rely on real photos for the car textures? It's possible to make them look good (don't know how much was used on the XR's interior but all of those look good) but most of the time they look pretty bad. Remaking them they can look so much better.

Speaking of the XR interior, I think it looks great, but then go drive a FXO, and it's totally worse. Why do some cars have such nice interiors but others seem so neglected? I'm speaking the stock ones, I already have some alternate interiors for various cars.

Another thing I noticed, is some models have flipped UVW's (LX dash is one I know for sure, left on the dash skin is right on the dash in game). It's not a big deal but it's frustrating skinning something then you find out it's backwards in game. Does anyone know any other models that have flipped portions on the UVW's? Just want to know for future reference.

Just a random question, what's the texture name for the UFR and XRR digi guage and gear indicator housing? Just want to mess around with it a little but I haven't had luck finding it.

Hope this post doesn't come off as sounding like I'm complaining, I'm not trying to sound that way. Just curious about some things .
Oops .

Ah ok, thanks for the info .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG