The online racing simulator
Live streaming LFS races on IPTV channel
Can someone please answer me, what would have to be done to:

- Live-Stream LFS races on IPTV Channel (24/7)

I'm working for an ISP (150.000 IPTV users) -> IPTV.

1) How much would it cost to set-up everything for LFS streaming ? (we have our own fast-realtime-encoders, huge bandwidth, etc. So no problems with network/IPTV-infrastructure)

2) Would all this (does LFS server support video-out of current race, etc.) be even possible with LFS (automatic-dynamic camera, etc.) ?

Thx for info.

Marko
There is a thread in techical assistance entitled "Broadcasting LFS" btw...

You say you have IPTV infrastructures with epic realtime encoders ready. Then all you need is a computer to run lfs. I'm sure your equipment can handle some output the computer has (DVI, VGA, HDMI even, composite, s-video...) If you have everything else set up it'll cost the amount of the computer that is running the game for you.

LFS itself only has an option to hide all HUD. There are a few 3rd party programs that ase specifically designed for 'broadcasting' purposes, like TV Director or the more seldom used Race Spectator . Tv Director is better because it has a GUI that allows you to control the cameras manually and it also has race classification graphics. I've also made a Broadcast overlay addon that gives you a more broadcastational feel to your broadcast.
Quote from hyntty :There is a thread in techical assistance entitled "Broadcasting LFS" btw...

You say you have IPTV infrastructures with epic realtime encoders ready. Then all you need is a computer to run lfs. I'm sure your equipment can handle some output the computer has (DVI, VGA, HDMI even, composite, s-video...) If you have everything else set up it'll cost the amount of the computer that is running the game for you.

LFS itself only has an option to hide all HUD. There are a few 3rd party programs that ase specifically designed for 'broadcasting' purposes, like TV Director or the more seldom used Race Spectator . Tv Director is better because it has a GUI that allows you to control the cameras manually and it also has race classification graphics. I've also made a Broadcast overlay addon that gives you a more broadcastational feel to your broadcast.

Great and thx for info.!

Cheers,
Marko
-
HEY!! (MartianMARTIN) DELETED by Scawen : suspected spam post in ancient thread and replies to the spam post
-
(BeNoM) DELETED by Scawen : suspected spam post in ancient thread and replies to the spam post
-
(sermilan) DELETED by Scawen : suspected spam post in ancient thread and replies to the spam post

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG