The online racing simulator
24bit only? [SOLVED]
(13 posts, started )
24bit only? [SOLVED]
Hey,

I have a HP Pavilion DV7-4150EA which worked fine under Z31, under the new 6B however it will only run in 24bit graphics, producing truly awful graphics with no hints of hi-res, the 32bit option is grayed out in the menu

Graphics card is an ATI Radion HD5650 which works fine on everything else

Any advice/possible hints of a fix?
I have Mobility Radeon HD 5650 aswell, but I am not having any problems with LFS 0.6B. Have you tried updating or even downdating your graphics drivers?
Is Windows running running 32-bit colors? Is there any difference between windowed and full screen (Shift+F4)?
Its not what u think it is. 32bit is set in "options>screen" (with resolution). I cant exactly recall what that 24bit means, but its something u should not worry about. We all have it on 24bit.
Quote from hazaky :Its not what u think it is. 32bit is set in "options>screen" (with resolution). I cant exactly recall what that 24bit means, but its something u should not worry about. We all have it on 24bit.

Z-buffer depth?
Yeah.
That 24 bit thing (in Options... Graphics) is the Z buffer depth. 24 is a high resolution Z-buffer! So that is not the cause of your problem.

I think you are looking on the wrong options screen - you need to look at Options... Screen. Make sure 32 bit resolutions are visible and there you can select the screen resolution. If your monitor is LCD it's probably best to select the option that matches the native resolution of your monitor (to avoid quality reduction by scaling).
Well ok thanks but my problem still isn't sorted, my textures are all incredibly low-res on a 1600x900 screen?

Here is a shot of the problem. :/
Attached images
low res.jpg
You should try to change your Mipmap settings in the Catalyst Control Center. I've had a similar problem, and it has been solved by changing Mipmap to "High Quality" in my Radeon HD4650's Catalyst Control Center.
Yeh, it's on high (32bit) I've just checked, but LFS seems to think it's on 24bit not 32 and will not allow me to change that.

I've also tried downgrading to 0.5z34 and re-upgrading to 0.6b and nothing has since changed
Possibly you have selected low res textures or you have moved the Mip bias sliders to the right.

The best position for the Mip bias sliders will depend on your Texture filtering setting.

Quote from MattsterGT :I've also tried downgrading to 0.5z34 and re-upgrading to 0.6b and nothing has since changed

You can get back to default settings like this :

- exit LFS
- delete cfg.txt
- start LFS
no AF?
That sorted it, THANKYOU SO MUCH GUYS FOR A BIG SUPPORT

24bit only? [SOLVED]
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG