The online racing simulator
Car Error Multiplayer Disc
(7 posts, started )
Hey, Im kinda new to this, but i purchased S2, and recently my computer disconnects on certain servers. Ive searched around the forum and couldnt seem to find anyone with a similar problem.

Ill be racing on a server (Single player does not have this problem) and the game will start beeping and the words "Car Error" will apear in the middle of the screen. Shortly after that I will be disconnected. This only seems to happen on particular servers.

Another message appears right before i disconnect on the topleft of the screen, i havent been quick enough to catch it yet, but ill try again. Any ideas? or maybe im doing something wrong..
The message at the top left of the screen seems to mention
"Car WHL ENG R1 R4"
at the end, ive seen a few other posts with this message, but none have offered anything close to a solution.

Thanks

In the topleft of this pic is the message, more accurately.
Attached images
ermsg.JPG
#3 - Renku
I had that message Lost synchronisation to host too, once. When I reconnected to the same server it was ok. Patch U here and I think the server was using patch U too.
#4 - SamH
Before we launch onto a wild good chase, can you do some testing and make sure that it IS a patch U server, and not a Tn server. There are still quite a few servers running a non-current patches, and they're bound to be upgraded at some point soon.

Jon, I just saw you really ARE quite new. Welcome to LFS! To bring you up to speed, in case it's required, we've recently had a major update patch, and then several intermediary updates which a great many of us tested to make sure they were stable. They were S, T, several additional sub-updates to T, and then finally a new patch U. Several of the servers (which are hosted by people in the community) haven't yet been upgraded to U, and there may be some small compatibility issues between those and the latest stable release.
Yeah ive been checking the versions to see if it might have anything to do with the versions, but even the U versions seem to drop me regularly too
Hi John
Welcome to LFS! I haven't had the same problems as you had but since patch U i have had some freezes and stuff while using patch u myself

one way i'd suggest testing your install is to invite a freind with LFS or post here for someone in your own timezone to assist ; most american would be glad to help you, I think

Set your own multiplayer server up on the internet make it private ( password to access) and invite someone using patch U to join, if they get that message then it would seem your install is a bit coruppt etc if not it just may be an internet/other server thing
thats about all I can offer you at this time
HTH
As an update to the problem, the error never occurs when im alone, and seems to be linked with not being able to load another players car.

It usually says, rightbefore the other error messages, "Could not load XXX's car", and thendisconnects me.

I hope this brings anyone to a little closer to helping my problem, i do really like playing this game.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG