The online racing simulator
Indianapolis Motorspeedway Oval (Autocross model)
I was trying to make the closest thing to Indy with the autocross editor... this is what I got.. nothing special really, just a fun little track for the XRG, FBM, FOX, FZR, XFG or the XRT
Attached files
AU1_Indy.lyt - 1.9 KB - 293 views
Screen shots ?
Quote from Poldy1603 :Screen shots ?

No! Actually, I'm amish and don't beleive in taking pictures

Not really I'm attaching some to this post

I took these so that you can get some idea of the speeds that can be ran on this track. The car in all of these pictures is the FOX

Note: The start/finish line should be moved down the track closer to turn 1, but the braking zone would be really close to the line if I did that, so I put it only a few meters closer to turn 1 than 4..
Attached images
Indy T-3&4.jpg
Exiting T1 Indy.jpg
Indy Overview.jpg
It's an oval... Thats all i'm gonna say :\
Its a square, that's all i'm going to say.
Its a rectangle m8
The way you drive it makes it an Oval though... And its a replica of an oval... Even though its a rectangle
The definition of an oval track is a track that only has left turns.. This only has left turns

And yeah.. it is a rectangle :P
Quote from Cornys :The definition of an oval track is a track that only has left turns.. This only has left turns

So if it only has right turns it's not an oval anymore?
And I'm dead serious about my question.
Actually, if it only has right turns you'd be going the wrong way on an oval..
The Aussies would like a word with you sir
lol, well, if you're on the wrong side of the car then of course you'd run backwards around an oval
Quote from Cornys :lol, well, if you're on the wrong side of the car then of course you'd run backwards around an oval

Spose you angered the Aussies by saying they're going backwards, how much you think you just pleased them by saying "on the wrong side of the car".
Quote from Cornys :The definition of an oval track is a track that only has left turns.. This only has left turns

And yeah.. it is a rectangle :P

Well in the US there was a peanut shaped track which still was officially an oval

moreover, it is not really indy, it is more old homestead-miami, as the propotions are definately not indy
Quote from TFalke55 :Well in the US there was a peanut shaped track which still was officially an oval

moreover, it is not really indy, it is more old homestead-miami, as the propotions are definately not indy

yea :P holythread bump batman
Quote from TFalke55 :Well in the US there was a peanut shaped track which still was officially an oval

Tranton Speedway correct? I would argue that it is a road course with racing similar to that of an oval, but that's for others to decide. The Daytona beach course was considered a road course if I am not mistaken because of it's slight bend towards the right on the straights.

Well, I tried best I could
Awww

I enjoyed this layout in the TBO cars
And tbh. it quite well made!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG