The online racing simulator
Key binding problem
(9 posts, started )
Key binding problem
Hello

I tried to bind the /key 0 to ctrl_f12 via script:

/key 0 ctrl_f12

but it doesn't work. LFS stated: "Unknown Key-command" but in the commands.txt the ctrl_f12 command is listet for possible keycommands.

Can anyone help me?
#2 - Bean0
It could be that what you have bound to CTRL+F12 is giving the error, rather than the binding of 0 to CTRL+F12.
no, definitely not. When I press CTRL+F12 by myself in LFS, everything works fine.

But when I run the bind script, LFS told me "bindscr Line 3: Unknown Key-Command"
#4 - Bean0
Could you try '/key 0 press ctrl_f12'

Although that doesn't seem correct as far as I remember.
Quote from Bean0 :Could you try '/key 0 press ctrl_f12'

Although that doesn't seem correct as far as I remember.

no, that's not working either.
maybe it's not possible to set keys to ctrl_fxx?
Is the key you're trying to bind the action to really recongized as key zero? I don't think I've seen a joystick with button index beginng at 0.
#7 - Bean0
I think he means the 0 key on the keyboard.

Thinking about it, this cancels indicators so it might not be changeable to something else.
The scripting guide on LFSmanual is wrong. You can not bind ctrl_fx to keys - only buttons, and by buttons I mean real buttons on joysticks, gamepads, wheels, and so on. Why there is a difference between keys and buttons in the script engine I do not know, but seems like poor abstraction in the scripting engine.

One way to get around this problem is to install a virtual joystick emulator that translates key strokes into joystick button presses. I have used VJoy with very good results.
Only way I know of to be able to bind i.e Q and E to operate the indicator lights.
I know this thread is old, but has anyone got around this yet without installing other 3rd party software?

Key binding problem
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG