Swearfilter in Chat.
(21 posts, started )

Poll : Should there be a swear filter?

Closed since :
No!
Yes!
Swearfilter in Chat.
Hello there!

I was thinking about a swearfilter for LFS. In the past time, I've seen TOO MANY people starting to be racist, to use bad words, and being quite the worst way of unkind. That's why we wanted to know if there is a possibility to get a swearfilter into the Chat. It's the best for all. Any server I join, I just see people to swear eachother. This has to be stopped..

Should LFS get a swear filter? add your answer in the poll.
+ 1: swear filter are good
- 1: don´t think developers need to waste their time with that since it is already done via insim
- 1: because you can´t really draw a line of what is a swear word and what not because of different languages. For example a friend of mine got kicked twice because he explained me how to drive a sector the best since the german word for "turn" is "kurve".
No, Airio can provide a swear filter for servers that feel the need to have one.
lol. Forget about Airo. We don't want extra stuff on our servers to have it..

John: I'm talking about the worst insults like Fu**/er Bit** As***le and stuff.

I don't think it's soooo hard to make it. LFS should have the swear filter in itself, not getting it by some other programms.
Quote from boothy :Who died and made you Queen?

Mate, if you don't have somethin proper to say. Dont reply. Sick of you off topic people. Kthxbai.
#7 - Bean0
For a swear filter to be effective, it would need to cover more languages than English.
This, I imagine would be a lot of work, especially as there are probably some words with are obscene in one language but not in another.

There is of course the option to block all chat.
#8 - NovaK
Many games today actually implements some sort of a swear filter. But sure, it won't censor all bad words that's out there, but it would make a hell big of a difference by taking away most of them.

It might be a insim out there that's already been made for this, but then again you need to think about that people need to be aware of it and have the knownledge to set it up on their own server. Having a Global swear filter built-in in LFS would save alot of work for others by not need to take any actions, and have a more enjoyable driving.
Did OP ever stop to think that people like to swear and it's not always offensive?

I think OP needs to harden the fµck up.

Quote from vistaman :Hello there!

It's the best for all. Any server I join, I just see people to swear eachother. This has to be stopped..

It's better for all... Me me me me me me.

Your suggestion is that everyone must go with a swear filter because you're too lazy to put a airio on your server.
I don't even have a server. (HAHAHA LOOK HE DOESNT HAVE A SERVER HAHAHAA) don't try to say that, you just make you look low by that.

This has to be on all servers! Not on where you want!
Quote from vistaman :lol. Forget about Airo. We don't want extra stuff on our servers to have it..!

Uhhh, what?

Who is we?

And please don't tell me the pitch of your suggestion was to imply that the entire LFS community is one big thinking alike work force out to save the planet.
WE is the LFSDrift community.
**** no.
Nope. It's hard for me to get my point across when i'm wrecked by a idiot and to let them know i'm angry without throwing some f-words in there.
Server admins can decide what appropriate language is, and kick people accordingly. Automatic systems are usually rubbish.
#16 - Zay
Quote from thisnameistaken :Server admins can decide what appropriate language is, and kick people accordingly. Automatic systems are usually rubbish.

+1,
also totally agree with sueycide.
On top of that, instead of fu** for example, one could say fuk(excuse the language). The same thing could be done with many other swear words also, so that would take time to code.
Also, they could creat a swear word with different messages, like:
f
u
Quote from Zay :+1,
also totally agree with sueycide.
On top of that, instead of fu** for example, one could say fuk(excuse the language). The same thing could be done with many other swear words also, so that would take time to code.
Also, they could creat a swear word with different messages, like:
f
u

^Yeah, that's what I was about to say, another example is c*nt/cnt.

I don't see this being implemented and even if it was it should definitely have an on/off option. Oh, if you don't like swearing... ****ing ignore it.

Swearfilter in Chat.
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG