The online racing simulator
Starting Problem
(10 posts, started )
Starting Problem
Just brought a Logitech Driving Force GT Steering Wheel,had no problems installing that.But when it comes to lfs and i start a game up,i put the car in first gear and put my foot on the accelerator but nothing happens? it just starts revving doesnt move or anything,i got a feeling is something to do with the clutch?
Hi, its sounds like the same problem as mentioned here. In the Options > Controls > Clutch, check if you've selected axis or button. I dont think the DFGT comes with a clutch pedal; so you simply have to select button (you can assign a wheel-button to the clutch if you like).
is there a way to have no clutch?
Yup. Options > Driver > Gear Shift Mode

If you select auto, auto-clutch is enabled by default.

Or you can select sequential/shifter and then select:
Auto-clutch = [yes].

But, if clutch is set to axis, and you don't have an axis for clutch, set it to button (you don't have to use it).
Right,i just dont that,but i noticed that at the bottom right it shows a grey bar as if it would when your accelerating?

Any IdeaS?
Does handbrake go off automatically when you move ??
The gray bar is the handbrake. The handbrake should be automatically disengaged when you start moving; however, you might have set it to axis as well...

If handbrake is set to axis, change it to Button, and it should be fine.

If you weren't aware, the LFS Manual is in the form of a wiki; which can be found at: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Main_Page

The stuff specifically regarding setting up a wheel can be found at: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options#Controls
1)Type in Game /autoclutch 1 which will enable autoclutch
2)you want you clutch on a Axis & Handbrake on button
3)have you got h Shifter Guessing you have change it to shifter on options
4)go in options-controls-axis/FF Press your Pedals and see which Axis moves
List of axis:
x Axis: steering
Y Axis: Brake
RZ Axis: clutch
Slider 0 Axis: Gas pedal

Hope this Helps

~thanks Matt~
got it sorted guys thanks!