The online racing simulator
Round 5 - English Grand Prix Discussion
We are nearly half-way through the season, and the marker this year is the English Grand Prix at Westhill International. This is the opener to a three race roadcourse streach.

Server: NDR.LFSCART 2011
Date: July 9th 2011
Pass: Will be PMed to entered and confirmed drivers
Track: WE1
Laps: 47 (will be 48 taking into account the formation lap)
Pit Window: 3-44 (4-45 in game)

17:35 UTC Official Free Practice (Attendance not mandatory, 20 minute duration)
18:00 UTC Qualifying (Two groups, 20 minutes per group, group assignments made public prior to race day, open track, concurrent over multiple servers, group 1 in the main server, group 2 in a secondary server)
18:30 UTC Superpole (top 6 of Qualifying, result of this session sets top 6)
18:45 UTC Race (Formation lap, then return to grid for standing start, controlled via InSim App)

18:00 UTC = 14:00 EDT / 19:00 BST / 20:00 CEST

To convert into your local time (if not listed here), either compare UTC vs your local time in the LFS lobby screen (singleplayer can do this also) or use the Time Zone Converter

Qualifying Group 1 (32):

1, 2, 3, 6, 10, 11, 14, 21, 22, 24, 25, 27, 30, 32, 35, 36, 39, 42, 43, 47, 51, 52, 56, 57, 63, 65, 67, 69, 70, 71, 73, 80

Qualifying Group 2 (33):

7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 19, 20, 23, 28, 29, 31, 33, 41, 48, 49, 50, 53, 54, 58, 61, 64, 77, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 96, 99

Any new number will be added at qualifying time.
#2 - Kova.
Will be there with the hope to be present on the gris start.
#3 - Seb66
wont be racing, got work:shaun:
Qualifying Groups added - aware that there are some numbers that won't be used, but leaving them there anyway - additional sorting to take place at qualifying time.
#7 - Kova.
We had until when for skins?
Quote from Kova. :We had until when for skins?

about 90 mins before the qual start is when I generate the skinpack.
#9 - Kova.
Ok, so I have enough time to put my #13 skin like the #15 skin that i've prepared --'

Thanks for the information.
Omg I protest on not being in the same qually group as Jarl!
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
Meh, I don't have a problem with it. It takes some getting used to, but I was able to do a full stint yesterday without any problems or hick-ups. For the next race I think "Clear Day" could be used, but changing it now for this race will simply be just too short before the race imo.

But Simon, I can understand your frustration ! I just don't have a problem with FPS because if I unlimit them I get 300fps driving alone and around 210fps when starting from the back of the grid.
I think i'm going to leave this chmp. untill next year when I have practiced more.
I hope that you have good racing and hopefully see you next year.
Good Luck
Kind Regards,
J.Provost
Quote from SCA-F1 :I have a light-hearted proposal. Could the race please be moved into "Clear day" mode or even "Cloudy afternoon"? I'm not sure if it's just me but I can't see a ****ing thing - and some of my previous reference points which I've adapted to from markings on the track are extremely hard to spot now. This being Westhill, you're screwed if you get it wrong, or put two wheels on the grass etc so I don't wanna go through this preposterous shit for the sake of poor visibility.

We've now used "Sunset" conditions for the past three races in a row. Obviously, we're pretty close to the race start time currently, but something so minor is giving me increasing problems and making me frustrated when I "attempt" to do a stint (which I haven't even come close to now). I can't put the entirety of the blame for ****ing up my preparation on sky conditions (turning sky off doesn't work btw, even though it hurts my fps anyways) but it's still hard to spot turn-in points; T2 for example, even now.

I've turned the contrast and the brightness up on my monitor already; too high for my liking which I then need to readjust when tabbing out of game. Then I come to the back straight and the mother****ing sun just blinds the crap out of me. I've already moaned about this on TS but the conditions just continue to piss me off, so I hope I'm not alone here.

The conditions are fine, surly if you had some sort of racing talent you might be able to adjust to them.
Oh, you can't adjust to them? I guess you don't have any talent.
Quote from Drifters Only :

But Simon, I can understand your frustration ! I just don't have a problem with FPS because if I unlimit them I get 300fps driving alone and around 210fps when starting from the back of the grid.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU 300fps
over 200 fps and you're not happy? O.o
People, people. Can you PLEASE leave room when others are lapping you? This track isn't exactly easy to pass on, and lappers blocking isn't exactly the smartest thing to do.

Also, do people practice? Seems that some are 2-3 seconds off the pace and crashing every 5 laps. Hazardous.

Anyways. I was having a good race. I killed multiple people off the start, but Klaidas said he had pit road speed limiter on so that made me feel a small bit better. I had a great battle with Robbin, couldn't pass him. Simon built an amazing set but forgot to make 6th gear able to draft.

Stupid SC ruined my race. Was running so good and when that came out, people did rush around to the SC so I lost positions to people pitting. The slow lap also made me not want to pit for tires, because people were closer behind than before. Couldn't get the tires heated under SC because the tread was thinner than I would have liked. Ended up taking the green with 60-70 degree tires, and just frustrated and lucky to get 4th.
Sorry.
Quote from PMD9409 :That's what Janice will be saying tonight.

Why? If she's not good enough for you don't bother in the first place!
Quote from PMD9409 :Also, do people practice? Seems that some are 2-3 seconds off the pace and crashing every 5 laps. Hazardous.

Mmh, I feel targeted, but if you speak about me, yea I'll admit I have stricly no practice (just 2 laps) since my pedalboard was broken down, this afternoon. It took me 4 hours to try to repair it. Unfortunately, I think that the throttle's potentiometer wasn't well reconnected, and I have many time some throttle freezing...
By the way, I goes like 5-6 times off road and I lost many time/laps...

I'm, anyway, happy to see the chequered flag. It's not my lucky week tbh.
Hopefully the next round will be luckier for me.
Good race
hahaha
#25 - CSF
Joku's move to pass Jarno was almost as good as Isaac's avatar!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG