The online racing simulator
SpeedSims 2011 FXR Series
(43 posts, started )
After a long break in its LFS activity, SpeedSims is proud to announce the FXR 2011 Championship starting in August

We will be visiting 7 venues of which 2 are custom layouts. More info here

Entry submitted!
im in

Posted it too on the AMG forum, maybe more members will join

----------------

Could you give me more race information?
- Laps on a track?
- How long you guys expect that the race will take?
Need to know this to create my setups.
Quote from brutal2 :im in

Posted it too on the AMG forum, maybe more members will join

----------------

Could you give me more race information?
- Laps on a track?
- How long you guys expect that the race will take?
Need to know this to create my setups.

There will be 10 minutes of qualifying, then right afterwards the race will start. The events depending on the track are about 30-40 minutes.

Series Info:

http://www.speedsims.net/fxr/fxr_index.html

Schedule page with laps for each race.

http://www.speedsims.net/fxr/fxr_schedule.html
I am in too
Quote from wildfire083 :There will be 10 minutes of qualifying, then right afterwards the race will start. The events depending on the track are about 30-40 minutes.

Series Info:

http://www.speedsims.net/fxr/fxr_index.html

Schedule page with laps for each race.

http://www.speedsims.net/fxr/fxr_schedule.html

thanks, i will get the skin done before the weekend.
how many people are in now and how many more can join?

I assume that things that are not included in the rule won't be there like engine restriction?
Quote from brutal2 :thanks, i will get the skin done at the weekend.
how many people are in now and how many more can join?

I assume that things that are not included in the rule won't be there like engine restriction?

Most of the questions you have you will find on the rules page or on the site.

There will be NO engine restrictions. There will be one mandatory pit stop with full service, which means, fuel and taking 4 tires. Fixing damage is optional to the driver.
Quote from wildfire083 :Most of the questions you have you will find on the rules page or on the site.

There will be NO engine restrictions. There will be one mandatory pit stop with full service, which means, fuel and taking 4 tires. Fixing damage is optional to the driver.

Does adding only 1% of fuel (and 4 tires) fulfill the pitstop requirement?
Quote from JayEyeBee :Does adding only 1% of fuel (and 4 tires) fulfill the pitstop requirement?

Yes!
4 more weeks
I'll give it a whirl if there is room left for a little one!
#16 - triz
Signups closed
Hello all,

Due to the number of people signing up, we have now a filled signup list of about 30 of which a couple are already on a reserve list. We have closed the signup thread for now. Since it is still a month to go and some people might not show up, there is a chance we may reopen signup again in a later stage.

Looking forward to see the field at the first race in the first week of August!

cheers,

Triz
I'm not even sure if 40% of the signed-up drivers will attend to round 1, let alone the other ones. A bit early to close the sign-ups no?
#18 - triz
hi yann,

Hmmm thanks for the heads up but I am wondering, do you have a mathematical formula to come up with that 40% figure? I'd like to know how you get that figure. Or is it from your own experiences? If only 40% shows up that means we'll need 60 people to sign up. Can't be that bad right?

cheers,

Triz
is cet same timezone as utc?

thanks
Own experience mainly. Many people here sign-up for stuff they forget 2 days later. Some others then leave after round 1 and 2 because they expected to be on top, but failed epicly and decided to not bother anymore. Closing sign-ups right now mean letting down the people who wanted to do the full season but didn't sign up in time, in profit of others who might just disappear before the season start.

IMO the best thing to do is to leave sign-ups open and create a reserve list. Best way to maximise your chances to get a full grid, and not let down the few serious racers out there.
#21 - triz
CET is Central European Time. Basically using the timezone in which germany, france, the netherlands etc etc lay in. I believe thats GMT +1... now that daylight saving time is used that'll be +2 GMT or CEST (central euopean summer time)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=16

we use this clock for 'syncing' everyone for our races.

As for signups. You do have a point, as we'll have to filter out who is planning to stay and who drops out. Since we do not know this in advance we'll have to find out.

Like I said though, the signups are 'momentarily' closed. we'll take a look as of how were going to get everyone to stick with us through the series. We may even enlarge the reserve list like you suggested. We'll come back when we made up our mind on this.

cheers,

Triz
Signup's are still open. Anyone who registers from this moment on will be on our "reserve list"

Cheer's guys see you on the track.

Dave
SpeedSims Racing
Good
so races start at 9 gmt (uk time)

(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG